Drafted by Cowboys 3rd Round - Pick 88 - WR Jalen Tolbert (South Alabama)

Status
Not open for further replies.

conner01

Reaction score
The way WRs were being over drafted I didn't he would get to us but this is a great value pick and he comes up big in big games. He actually grades out a little higher than Washington and Gallup did when they were drafted
When WR contracts start hitting 20-25 mil they became the go to pick
I think there are more talented WR today because the college game has opened up and the position has gotten expensive so more teams will churn them on their rosters

CoachD

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Cowboys 3rd round pick turns out to be their best pick of this draft.

conner01

Reaction score
Between the 5th year option and the franchise tag it would be smart for Lamb to sign an extension unless he plays like Cooper Kupp next season.
I think it’s too soon to say
This is gonna be a huge year for lamb
He’s gonna be the center of attention
I also think that with WR salaries exploding and drafts putting out a good number of quality WR each year then it’s possible to leverage that and churn the good ones and only pay the very elite
But we will see how Lamb handles being the man this year

NotForLong

Reaction score
If we can get Dak playing at the level 2020 prior to injury and the first 5 games 2021 then we are great at QB. The key is being able to at least threaten a run game. Nobody respected run game post Denver.
Smith will help with that . . . and so will a freak at TE Jaheim Bell . . . Dak will be a beast if we get lucky and draft him

Reactions: CWR

NotForLong

Reaction score
I actually think Lamb, Washington, Gallup and Tolbert is superior to Cooper, Lamb, Gallup and Wilson. Hopefully they'll prove me right.

Then again I'm one of those who consider Washington, Gallup and Tolbert to all be 1B type WRs. Hopefully they all prove me right. We could actually use an upgrade at TE but Schultz is no slouch and we have blocking TEs behind him. Continue to upgrade on the lines and at LB and get a TE next year.
Jaheim Bell

csirl

Reaction score
No problem with Tolbert - good player.

But, the elephant in the room!

There was great value at QB still on the board.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think it’s too soon to say
This is gonna be a huge year for lamb
He’s gonna be the center of attention
I also think that with WR salaries exploding and drafts putting out a good number of quality WR each year then it’s possible to leverage that and churn the good ones and only pay the very elite
But we will see how Lamb handles being the man this year
Lamb is the real reason why Cooper is gone. The Cowboys want to know if he is a one or not.

Batman1980

Reaction score
No problem with Tolbert - good player.

But, the elephant in the room!

There was great value at QB still on the board.
851e5a6a7c2a56336d4fbfc8b6d505da.gif

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Seems like a good pick. Would be great if he is the type to adjust and get up to speed quickly because getting snaps from him the first few weeks would be a great help with Gallup's injury likely keeping him out or at least not 100% early on.

Question for everyone on WRs in general in this draft. Does it seem like the WRs are just going earlier, not because there are so many good to great WR prospects, but because it's just becomes such a premium position? In other words are the guys taken in the 2nd round this year from a talent perspective more like guys taken in the 3rd round in a normal year and the guys in the 3rd round more like 4th or 5th rounders recently from a skill set/potential perspective?
Davante Adams - 5yrs 141 million
Tyreek Hill - 4yrs 120 million

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Good pick. All you can expect from a 3rd rounder.

Only concern for me is his small school background, but then again same could be said for Bob Hayes and Jerry Rice, among others.

Nitpicking, lol....

NotForLong

Reaction score
What makes you think that? We definitely downgraded unless you think Tolbert is better than cooper? Which he's not and never will be.
He may never be better but He is a different type of WR. . . He is explosive and can reach top spped very quickly . . . Whereas Cooper used His Pattern Running ability to get open . . . Tolbert will do what Cooper can not do but is what Dak can do . . . Go and get a ball that Dak heeves. . . . Tolbert has amazing ball tracking ability to go with His Sowed and Acceleration and oh yeah He can make the contested Catches.

Tailor Made for Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.