Drafted by Cowboys 3rd Round - Pick 88 - WR Jalen Tolbert (South Alabama)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He's exactly like Gallup. Which is why ql

You think Tolbert 4.5 will be taking the lid off of defenses ?
ql?? what the flip is that?? its very good pick and yes like Gallup maybe better hes good deep threat.. YPC go check it his career 17YPC id say that beyond a deep threat. Yac etc al good. Trying to say hes too much like him and we needed different , no not really they are similar but that doesn't mean they cant play on the same field..besides gallup coming back 2-3 games in and easing in says this is very good pick.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The fan base has been uninspired ever since the loss to San Francisco in the playoffs. We’ve been losing good players and have done little in free agency to excite anyone. Even leading up to the draft the excitement level on the board has been lower than I’ve ever seen since I’ve been posting here. There’s been a blah attitude here ever since the start of the first round on Thursday. There isn’t any splash players in this draft which hasn’t helped excite anyone. Most Cowboys fans seem to be braced for a disappointing 2022 season.
your paste and cut skills saying the same thing on every thread are epic..keep up the redundancy, its crazy cool to read the same thing every thread i open..:facepalm:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Or he goes through 2 or 3 quick reads, sees some real estate open up and takes advantage. I wanna see Moore call a less predictable game. Up tempo, pre-snap movement, roll outs, play action, multiple backs, etc.—keep defenses guessing.
With Dak you can't say quick and read in the same sentence.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
I actually think Lamb, Washington, Gallup and Tolbert is superior to Cooper, Lamb, Gallup and Wilson. Hopefully they'll prove me right.

Then again I'm one of those who consider Washington, Gallup and Tolbert to all be 1B type WRs. Hopefully they all prove me right. We could actually use an upgrade at TE but Schultz is no slouch and we have blocking TEs behind him. Continue to upgrade on the lines and at LB and get a TE next year.
The problem with Schultz is when he isn't in you know it's likely a run play, when he is in you play the pass and if the Cowboys run you can blow up the play because Schultz blocks worse than a kicker.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
This is a good pick. Excellent WRs can be had in multiple rounds. Tolbert is underrated somewhat because he didn’t play in P5 conference. But he’s excellent IMO.
I think this kid has better measurables than Michael Gallup who came from a smaller school (Colorado State) and drafted in the 3rd round. I’m excited to see what he becomes.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I’m not convinced we’re “worse”.
Simple question....are we better at WR?
Simple question are we better on the Oline?
Simple question are we better at RB?
Simple question are we better on the DL?
Simple question are we better at QB?

I think Kellen Moore has room for growth
I think Parsons, Diggs have room for growth
I think Cee Dee has room for growth
I think

But Coach McCarthy is who he is. Dak is who he is. Zeke is who he is. Tyron Smith is who he is. Martin is who he is. Dak is who he is. DeMarcus Lawrence is who he is.

So if you are not convinced we are worse....I am happy to hear where and why

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
What makes you think that? We definitely downgraded unless you think Tolbert is better than cooper? Which he's not and never will be.
Interesting assumption to make. What makes you so sure he will never be better than Coop?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't know how much Jalen Tolbert will contribute this year, but we need a capable (at the minimum) receiver opposite Cee Dee. Gallup may be out until mid-season, and I don't know if J. Washington can man the position by himself.
We need to sign a capable receiver in free agency or hope Tolbert can make a quantum leap in his rookie year.

I predict that Tolbert will pass Washington for the No. 2 role if Gallup is out. I could be way off base, of course.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Interesting assumption to make. What makes you so sure he will never be better than Coop?
Because Cooper is more talented, was a better prospect coming out, has produced? What makes you assume Tolbert is going to be better ?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Because Cooper is more talented, was a better prospect coming out, has produced? What makes you assume Tolbert is going to be better ?
He has a different playing style and mental makeup than Cooper. If he comes out and puts up 1,500+ yards and 10+ TD's as a rookie would you feel the same? I love Coop and am still upset that he was traded but neither of us have a clue what this kid will do on the field and making an absolute statement that one guy will never be better than another is a fools game.

Flamma

Reaction score
The fan base has been uninspired ever since the loss to San Francisco in the playoffs. We’ve been losing good players and have done little in free agency to excite anyone. Even leading up to the draft the excitement level on the board has been lower than I’ve ever seen since I’ve been posting here. There’s been a blah attitude here ever since the start of the first round on Thursday. There isn’t any splash players in this draft which hasn’t helped excite anyone. Most Cowboys fans seem to be braced for a disappointing 2022 season.

The good news is, sometimes you really can't tell. A couple of players can change a lot. I remember being down going into the 2014 season. I had zero reason to believe we would do well. The so called experts had us at the bottom of the division too.

I sometimes watch this youtube channel talking football. Every year this guy has a list of teams that absolutely have zero chance of winning the SB. One of the 7 teams he picked were the Bengals. They didn't win, but they certainly had a chance. Anything can happen, even though it probably won't.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The good news is, sometimes you really can't tell. A couple of players can change a lot. I remember being down going into the 2014 season. I had zero reason to believe we would do well. The so called experts had us at the bottom of the division too.

I sometimes watch this youtube channel talking football. Every year this guy has a list of teams that absolutely have zero chance of winning the SB. One of the 7 teams he picked were the Bengals. They didn't win, but they certainly had a chance. Anything can happen, even though it probably won't.

Heading into the 2014 season the Cowboys hadn’t made the playoffs since 2009 so that contributed to everyone being down on them. What’s really troubling with the Cowboys is they haven’t made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons since 2006 and 2007. Every time they make the playoffs, the following year is a down season. It’s been a frustrating trend they can’t seem to break.

ESisback

Reaction score
Simple question....are we better at WR?
Simple question are we better on the Oline?
Simple question are we better at RB?
Simple question are we better on the DL?
Simple question are we better at QB?

I think Kellen Moore has room for growth
I think Parsons, Diggs have room for growth
I think Cee Dee has room for growth
I think

But Coach McCarthy is who he is. Dak is who he is. Zeke is who he is. Tyron Smith is who he is. Martin is who he is. Dak is who he is. DeMarcus Lawrence is who he is.

So if you are not convinced we are worse....I am happy to hear where and why
I’m not here to convince Eeyores of anything. Everyone has room for growth, but whether or not we’ve gotten better is only speculation, especially this early, but in some areas, yes, I think we have improved.

WR—we lost Coop and Cedric Wilson, but picked up Washington and drafted Tolbert. Could be worse, but based on Coop’s 2021 production, is it really that much?
RB—Elliott gained 1,000 on a bum knee. Should he get more if healthy? Pollard too, and I imagine Moore will make SOME kind of adjustment.

QB—Why NOT better? He’s further removed from the big injury

OL—Smith SHOULD be an upgrade at LG. Our red zone scoring should improve because of it.
DL—More reps from Armstrong, add Fowler and Williams, and we could have MORE sacks. Add bigger contributions from Gallimore, Odigazuwa, Bohanna, Golston, and Hill then add our new 1T.

I’m a “glass half full” guy.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think this is the pick that has the greatest chance to make the most instant impact. Smith and Williams have a lot of raw talent, but think it will take a little time for them to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.