Drafted by Cowboys 3rd Round, Pick 90 - Cowboys Draft G Connor McGovern Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.

_sturt_

Reaction score
This alarming I think they know something about fredbeard and his condition that isn't good

I don't.

I think it's insurance, sure.

But Beard has been very transparent about his progress all along. I don't see any deception going on there.

It's more about RT situation, and it just makes sense to cover your bases with a G/C under the circumstances.

No panic here.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't.

I think it's insurance, sure.

But Beard has been very transparent about his progress all along. I don't see any deception going on there.

It's more about RT situation, and it just makes sense to cover your bases with a G/C under the circumstances.

No panic here.
Who said beard was lying? This pick makes no sense for the 2019 season

endersdragon

Reaction score
He was a rookie, don't make judgements on players after their rookie year, that's ridiculous..
Fair enough, but I still see it being a battle of the Connors at guard and Collins plays one more year at tackle. I think it makes more sense to have Williams learn tackle this year with the plan to have him start next year, especially as we have had injury trouble lately at tackle so chances are we will need a good swing tackle at some point this year.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yeah, I just don't know how to parse this McGovern pick. Are they pessimistic about Frederick's recovery from his illness? Are they going to move Conner Williams to RT? Are they going to trade La'El? Do they not have any faith in Williams?

I'm watching film of him right now and 5 minutes in, he looks like your standard power guard. I can see how he is worth a mid round pick, but damn, I thought our OL was set at all five spots for at least the next two seasons.

Collins is gone after this season.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I wasn’t expecting a guard there.

How does this guy anchor? The NFC east is filled with big physical lineman now. As we hope Hill can get penetration for us because interior pressure can destroy a running game or passing game. I think these type of physical players are going to be a problem for Conner Williams early on. They gave him trouble last year.

reddyuta

Reaction score
McGovern has position flexibility and provides insurance in the event Frederick can’t come back or isn’t the same player.
'he could start on PUP,we have to be ready for that.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Williams can't play guard to save his life and we are set at starting tackle. Not sure I see another spot for him this year
And we're not set at tackle, anyone watching Smith the last three years can see his back is a constant issue and when it flares up, he can barely move out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.