News: 4 Cowboys Fined For Salvation Army Celebration

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
So our players can't jump in the salvation army kettle but the Green Bay players can jump in the stands. Yeah there's no hypocrisy there at all. Why can't we develop our own traditions?
Not to mention a player can "injure" a fan if they leap onto them wrong, but the kettle doesn't cause any harm to any person except the jumper. Makes you wonder which one is more "dangerous" and wrong and should be fined.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Lambeau leap is grandfathered in. That said any team can do it and it would be fine (in any stadium). However, the rule is that only one player may jump into the stands.
I forgot about the fact that other teams can do it too. Thanks for the reminder. I wonder if teams that have stands that are too high to jump into can add a step.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

cnuball21

Reaction score
Be nice to see some of the vets rally around it and raise a ton of money to make the NFL look stupid.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I thought it was a good celebration to jump in the Salvation Army thingy. It's not like they actually undermined the Salv Army's efforts to help those that are starving and hurting...they just used their organization as a prop in their joke!

BIG DEAL!

I heard next week when they score, they're going to pretend to use a March Of Dimes poster as toilet paper after pretending to have the Taco Bell runs. people just think that's in poor taste because we dem boys.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
In 2016 when Zeke broke that big run in the last seconds of that Steelers game to seal a big win at Pittsburg, none of you jump around or celebrated the win in any way?

Not to entertain those around me. Celebrating and doing choreographed entertainment skits are 2 different things. I don't mind players celebrating, but I don't like them even doing solo choreographed skits to entertain the people watching. It wouldn't bother me to not see another nose wipe or eating gesture

Although I would have enjoyed demarcus wares sack celebration 20 times a game. Maybe I am picky

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
In 2016 when Zeke broke that big run in the last seconds of that Steelers game to seal a big win at Pittsburg, none of you jump around or celebrated the win in any way?

I won't apologize for being an old school 'act like you have been there' type of person. Celebrations are nothing more than 'look at me' spectacles.

And no, I didn't jump around back in 2016. I was 51 years old back then. If I did anything it was probably a fist pump or I said something like 'screw Pittsburgh'

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I won't apologize for being an old school 'act like you have been there' type of person. Celebrations are nothing more than 'look at me' spectacles.
And someone mentioned something earlier that I don't think I've ever considered, which is the fact that the TD is the most exciting part. The celebration afterward is a letdown by comparison. I'd rather stay on the high of the TD than have my attention diverted to a childish celebration. Now, as TD celebrations go, the Whack-A-Mole in the Salvation Army kettle was very original...but what the Hell does it have to do with football?

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Just let this be our Thanksgiving tradition. WIN and get fined for celebrating a good cause. At some point the NFL will look ridiculous and will quit fining them.

Just think of all the good it does, but the NFL continues to fine the Cowboys and it actually becomes a Thanksgiving tradition despite the fines that are pennies to the owner. Who is naïve enough to thinks these things don't get paid?

This is all good for the Cowboys and the Salvation Army. Eventually it will be bad for the NFL if we keep doing it despite the fines..

Maxmadden

Reaction score
And someone mentioned something earlier that I don't think I've ever considered, which is the fact that the TD is the most exciting part. The celebration afterward is a letdown by comparison. I'd rather stay on the high of the TD than have my attention diverted to a childish celebration. Now, as TD celebrations go, the Whack-A-Mole in the Salvation Army kettle was very original...but what the Hell does it have to do with football?
Probably more relevant to the Salvation Army which is who we are trying to raise money for.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Probably more relevant to the Salvation Army which is who we are trying to raise money for.

If the involved players were to respond honestly they would probably admit they only used the pot because it was an available prop, that the celebration had nothing to do with the Salvation Army whatsoever.

If that were the case a better celebration would have been for each of them to walk up to the pot and toss in a Benjie, then salute before walking away. I would have appreciated them more for that than a unique whack-a-mole opportunity.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
If the involved players were to respond honestly they would probably admit they only used the pot because it was an available prop, that the celebration had nothing to do with the Salvation Army whatsoever.

If that were the case a better celebration would have been for each of them to walk up to the pot and toss in a Benjie, then salute before walking away. I would have appreciated them more for that than a unique whack-a-mole opportunity.
You also have to bear in mind that most people in America never served in the military and think outside the box. There is never only one right way.