45-10! But does it even matter?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I know, I know, IGNORE the media, the “haters”, the internet trolls, etc., but can anyone explain the madness? Most of the media, anyone that hates Dallas, and a portion of our own fanbase scoff at our trouncing of below average teams.

Dallas is 8-3, but the narrative is we haven’t played anyone—our wins are meaningless. But in the interest of fairness let’s examine a few “elite” teams. Yeah, Philly is 9-1, with a loaded roster, but if you look at the results, they haven’t dominated anyone. They beat the Rams, Washington twice, 4-6 Tampa, and New England. Should we discount those 5 wins? Plus, they lost to the Jets, and were gifted the Miami win by the refs, but THEY’RE legit! The 9ers lost three, plus beat up on Seattle, the Rams, Tampa, Arizona, and the Giants! And they’re a juggernaut!

Just sayin’…
I hear you, but what teams with a winning record have the Cowboys beaten this year?

Not a single one.

Eagles have beaten 3, including two 7-3 teams.

Dallas essentially has done nothing, since you won't play losing teams in the playoffs, except maybe if New Orleans wins theirs with a losing record, which is entirely possible, but even then, Dallas will maybe have to travel to NO for that game, not an easy task.

I can't downgrade the Eagles, much as I hate them, you earn respect by winning games against tough teams, and Dallas has done little of that so far.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don't see the "cheese" component. We are playing at an extremely high level, 9ers look to be back and philly just manages to squeeze by. Division games are always tough, and we have bulldozed the giants and commanders. 9ers have picked up their game recently but nowhere near the level we have. We are obviously the best team in the NFC and from what I can tell, the NFL.
Is San Fran beating teams with both a strong balanced offense, complimented by a strong defense? The same way they have trounced us repeatedly?

As long as that is true, they are #1 in the NFC.

Toro9

Reaction score
Well, it matters that we are kicking the crud out of bad teams. If we were losing to them or if they were close games I'd be worried.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Beating the snot out of a tomato can doesn't make you a contender. I heard one the announcers during the Eagles Chiefs game state that Hurts is 10-0 in regular season games against winning teams.
Heck from what I've seen Dak hardly shows up against winning teams.
Just saying....
You know I hate the Eagles but I respect them. As a Cowboy fan I'm embarrassed by how they never show up and win big games. Yeah beating the Giants, Panthers and Commanders is fun but nothing I'm gonna thump my chest over.
All this Winning is nice.
But Prescott knows he has yet to prove (to me) that he has what it takes to step up in the playoffs.
Whether we get to the playoffs in a Studebaker or a Cadillac makes little difference to me.
Every poor play by anyone on the team, in the playoffs, will be noted.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
But we can
But until they actually do it the doubt will remain. 'Almost' doesn't cut it. Ever heard the term horseshoes and hand grenades? I think that applies here. Would almost winning the revolutionary war have resulted in the USA we have today? WWII?

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Exactly, this narrative is way over blown. They act like teams are playing and beating winning teams on a weekly basis. This is only a Cowboys thing.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Good call. I’ve said it before. 2007 taught me that whatever happens in the regular season has no bearing on the playoffs. We swept the Giants and got the #1 seed. Then got beat by the Giants. The Giants lost to the undefeated Patriots in the season finale and beat them in the Super Bowl. We won’t know till we get to the playoffs so I’m doing my best to enjoy the ride. And today was a fun part of the ride. Destroying a divisional rival and Bland making history.
Exactly this.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
The Cowboys can put a zipper on 99.9% of their critic's mouths with a SB championship.

Wouldn't that be fun?
That's not the end all be all, the best teams don't always win the SB. People can't just be happy with a good team. If the Cowboys win the SB it won't magically make your life any better.

pansophy

Reaction score
I know, I know, IGNORE the media, the “haters”, the internet trolls, etc., but can anyone explain the madness? Most of the media, anyone that hates Dallas, and a portion of our own fanbase scoff at our trouncing of below average teams.

Dallas is 8-3, but the narrative is we haven’t played anyone—our wins are meaningless. But in the interest of fairness let’s examine a few “elite” teams. Yeah, Philly is 9-1, with a loaded roster, but if you look at the results, they haven’t dominated anyone. They beat the Rams, Washington twice, 4-6 Tampa, and New England. Should we discount those 5 wins? Plus, they lost to the Jets, and were gifted the Miami win by the refs, but THEY’RE legit! The 9ers lost three, plus beat up on Seattle, the Rams, Tampa, Arizona, and the Giants! And they’re a juggernaut!

Just sayin’…
I haven’t been excited since we got stopped by SF. Had we beaten the Eagles i‘d have found some real hope again, but we are going to have to beat one or both of those teams to do something. If we beat the Eagles at home I’ll feel better but SF has knocked us out 2 years in a row. As it stands we wouldn’t see them until the NFCCG, but still. Right now it feels like we are a tier 2 team.

I don’t know how the Eagles seem to look only okay and keep winning, but they do. The one place of hope I have is that we are still putting in more parts of the offense so there is reason to believe we can keep improving.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Just sayin’…
here's the thing we can be happy about the win.. some can even be proud, some can be ecstatic,

however they are correct we have not beat anyone significant yet.. we lost our test against the 49ers and the eagles. Philly beat us they have beaten teams with winning records, we have NOT yet proven we belong. they are right in that one fact, have to have some true signature wins.

NFC true rankings are as in order,

9ers
eagles
cowboys
Lions
Seatle

You want to shut up the haters, here it comes this next stretch of five games this is time to prove it. We must beat most of these teams if not all of them if you want to quiet the haters...

seahawks
Bills
eagles
Miami
lions

so, let's beat them, maybe not 45-10 but ill take a win. a 1point wins against every one of these teams puts us at 2 but anything less leaves questions. I truly understand what they're saying this is like in college football we only have truly three really good teams on your schedule, nobody cares what you do against the other teams...

that's when you look at say my Texas Longhorns they lost to Oklahoma pretty much the biggest game in their conference they lost they lose points because of that in the population popularity poll... But at least they had their signature win against Alabama... But since you lost to Oklahoma people are looking at the Alabama game and going Alabama wasn't who they are now they're saying Alabama is a better team now than they were when we played them if we had beaten Oklahoma we wouldn't have to worry about questioning us when it comes to the rankings who's going to be the final four right now the Longhorns not too many questions and so do the Dallas Cowboys they need to be answered...

This is our time, these next five games, we need to have similar results in the fact that we need to look good, and we need to win....

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We are not even in the playoffs yet, so yes, it matters. Every win matters. The goal is to secure a playoff spot; then the goal becomes securing the highest seed possible. Anything can happen in the playoffs from any seed, but first we have to get there. Nothing is guaranteed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
In my opinion this Seattle game is a must win game it shows that since the Eagles game we still haven't lost and we played well against the Eagles but are we doing our job means we go undefeated before the next match up with the Eagles that's the Seattle games the next team on our schedule with a winning record and we must beat them... That will start getting some respect from the media even though I don't care about the media I don't care about rankings but you need to beat Seattle absolutely must win in my opinion biggest game of the year because it sets up a rematch with the Eagles in which neither of us of us had lost the game since the last matchup....
It sets the Eagles game up perfectly but if you lose the Seattle here comes all the doubts because it is at home correct? If truly home field advantage and the way we've been playing at home holds true and we are that team at home we must beat Seattle I can't stress it enough and I'm gonna keep saying it this Seattle game is the biggest test of the year because it's the next one before the Eagles game and it's the next one actually has a winning record and it's at home if you lose this game this makes the questions even bigger no one will give us a shot against the Eagles....

blueblood70

Reaction score
We are not even in the playoffs yet, so yes, it matters. Every win matters. The goal is to secure a playoff spot; then the goal becomes securing the highest seed possible. Anything can happen in the playoffs from any seed, but first we have to get there. Nothing is guaranteed.
Yes, this win matters and yes it was impressive, but it definitely doesn't answer any questions that the team, coaches ,owner, all the media, and fans have about the Dallas Cowboys,

are we going to beat a team with a winning record both at home and on the road, are we going to show that we are still dominant at home against Seattle, it's the first Test against the first team with a winning record since the loss to Philly... You must answer those questions just if it isn't for confidence within the team because they're hearing this from the media but if they keep making it true that's not going to be good going into the playoffs struggling against playoff teams...

correct, nothing's guaranteed but us making the playoffs about a 90% shot right now unless there's a major injury to three key positions you know like losing Prescott for the rest of the season that would be a big blow... but right now we're on trajectory to make the playoffs no matter what... I mean I believe it might be guaranteed if we stay healthy, it's guaranteed.

win these next 2 at home will settle the who you beat talk down to a low simmer..

then it will be on the road , why is that big? Because it's likely we have to play all road games to get to the Super bowl we've already screwed up and lost three games two of them to teams that were probably have to get through on the road you have to answer all these questions for the reasons I said above if for nothing else confidence within the team that they don't keep hearing these whispers and start believing it....Beating the bills in that type of outdoor cold windy environment will settle a lot of that noise..

By far the biggest tests of the season are coming up and we have a chance to prove it this year it's all in front of us..

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Cowboys can put a zipper on 99.9% of their critic's mouths with a SB championship.

Wouldn't that be fun?
The Cowboys deserve every bit of criticism they get. They have not done anything to prove they can win a SB or even belong in the conversation. But yes that would be fun except I would hate seeing Jerry get the glory.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Just sayin’…
You have to beat good teams in the playoffs.
I hope we can figure it out.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dallas has already wet the bed. They can't worry about the iggles. They have to focus on beating the teams in front of them. They do that and I think we may win the Div

ESisback

Reaction score
I hear you, but what teams with a winning record have the Cowboys beaten this year?

Not a single one.

Eagles have beaten 3, including two 7-3 teams.

Dallas essentially has done nothing, since you won't play losing teams in the playoffs, except maybe if New Orleans wins theirs with a losing record, which is entirely possible, but even then, Dallas will maybe have to travel to NO for that game, not an easy task.

I can't downgrade the Eagles, much as I hate them, you earn respect by winning games against tough teams, and Dallas has done little of that so far.
I get all that, but these still are PROFESSIONAL teams, and many times the gaps aren’t that wide. Injuries, bad play calls, a flag at the worst time—sometimes, good OR bad snowballs.