45-10! But does it even matter?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I know, I know, IGNORE the media, the “haters”, the internet trolls, etc., but can anyone explain the madness? Most of the media, anyone that hates Dallas, and a portion of our own fanbase scoff at our trouncing of below average teams.

Dallas is 8-3, but the narrative is we haven’t played anyone—our wins are meaningless. But in the interest of fairness let’s examine a few “elite” teams. Yeah, Philly is 9-1, with a loaded roster, but if you look at the results, they haven’t dominated anyone. They beat the Rams, Washington twice, 4-6 Tampa, and New England. Should we discount those 5 wins? Plus, they lost to the Jets, and were gifted the Miami win by the refs, but THEY’RE legit! The 9ers lost three, plus beat up on Seattle, the Rams, Tampa, Arizona, and the Giants! And they’re a juggernaut!

Just sayin’…
Philly has wins against Dallas, KC and Miami. Dallas doesn't even have close to those kinds of wins. They have a chance next month to show they are for real when we start to play Seattle, Miami, Buffalo, Philly, Detroit. We will know exactly how for real this team is. That is a pretty tough schedule to finish out the year.

The reason why SF and Philly are counted as for real is because both beat Dallas. Dallas didn't show up at all against SF and wet the bed at the end of the Philly game.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Here’s the thing — nothing really matters, good or bad, until the final stretch and of course the postseason.

We could have beaten SF and Philly, earned the 1 seed … and still wet the bed in the divisional round of the playoffs.

I’m just enjoying the ride and hoping that some of this clicks for us in the postseason.
Bingo. If our fans didn't enjoy yesterday's victory, they are missing out on the fun while worrying about the unknown. We all want our team back in the Super Bowl, but need to take time to enjoy the moment.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Good post overall.

I'll just say in general that point differential is a better predictor of future success than record is. Teams have fluke wins and will stack up luck for a few weeks. Analysts at the time will say that the 3 point win was a master job in coaching or great resilience but it was probably just luck. That invariably evens itself out. I'm trying to confirm this but I believe that New England had the best point differential in the NFL every year they won a Super Bowl.

Personally, I don't think the Eagles are all that this year. They are one of those "lucky" teams. I could go back through their season and reverse 4 plays or penalties and give them 4 more losses. Their point differential reflects the fact that their defense has been rather mediocre and their offense good but not great.

Unfortunately, I think SF really is that good. Their record should be better than it is and is the result of some short term injuries combined with bad luck. Beyond that, they have Dallas' number AND Dallas doesn't play well on the road on grass.

My prediction at this point:
Dallas beats Philly in Dallas but can't catch them. They go 5-1 the rest of the way and finish 13-4 as the 5 seed.
SF beats Philly. They go undefeated the rest of the way and get the 1 seed.
Dallas wins its WC game, goes to SF and loses in the divisional round
SF wins super bowl

The haters blast away at the fact that its been 30 years since Dallas got to a conference championship game and that Dak can't win the big one.
Its not that Dak can't win the big one. He doesn't even show up! That's why some of us have had enough of his rah rah crap. Show up and play hard and good things will happen. But we've seen him crumble too many times and at this point he is broken and will never win a championship.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Its not that Dak can't win the big one. He doesn't even show up! That's why some of us have had enough of his rah rah crap. Show up and play hard and good things will happen. But we've seen him crumble too many times and at this point he is broken and will never win a championship.
He almost always shows up and plays hard against low level competition. It's where he earned the title Stats Prescott, the ability to pile up stats against garbage cans or in garbage time. But yes, every time he plays a top team, he crumbles. Every damn time....

Hadenough

Reaction score
He almost always shows up and plays hard against low level competition. It's where he earned the title Stats Prescott, the ability to pile up stats against garbage cans or in garbage time. But yes, every time he plays a top team, he crumbles. Every damn time....
And the sad part is we see it coming and try and warn everyone but they just continue along whistling past the grave yard and than boom! They get destroyed by the 49ers and people are blaming everyone else on the team but Dak. Its hysterical how these morons can't see what's going on out there.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I know, I know, IGNORE the media, the “haters”, the internet trolls, etc., but can anyone explain the madness? Most of the media, anyone that hates Dallas, and a portion of our own fanbase scoff at our trouncing of below average teams.

Dallas is 8-3, but the narrative is we haven’t played anyone—our wins are meaningless. But in the interest of fairness let’s examine a few “elite” teams. Yeah, Philly is 9-1, with a loaded roster, but if you look at the results, they haven’t dominated anyone. They beat the Rams, Washington twice, 4-6 Tampa, and New England. Should we discount those 5 wins? Plus, they lost to the Jets, and were gifted the Miami win by the refs, but THEY’RE legit! The 9ers lost three, plus beat up on Seattle, the Rams, Tampa, Arizona, and the Giants! And they’re a juggernaut!

Just sayin’…
how can wins be meaningless?

Surfguy

Reaction score
“It just doesn’t matter! It just doesn’t matter!”
2MLfLo.gif

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Just for reference, I'm not a huge Dak fan. I get the criticism. That said, the last 6 weeks have been impressive. He certainly showed up against Philly in Philly.

I really can't explain what is going on. For years I have watched Dak throw a little over or behind receivers. He also held the ball too long at times. It was perfectly logical that he would struggle against better defenses.

I have never seen a QB get significantly better at age 30 before but that's what I am seeing. His supporters will say this is who he is always been. His detractors will too and just say that he always feasts against lower opponents. To my eye, this is a different QB. He hits guys in stride, in the hands. He gets the ball out fast and makes good decisions.

Hopefully it continues as the schedule gets tougher.

plasticman

Reaction score
That's not the end all be all, the best teams don't always win the SB. People can't just be happy with a good team. If the Cowboys win the SB it won't magically make your life any better.
What planet are you from?

Yes, if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl is DOES magically make my life better because I'm a fan.......short for fanatic?

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Great teams find a way to win even when they don’t have their best performance.

Hurts has won 13 straight games against winning record teams. That streak will end .

But winning on the bigger stages does make a difference.

That’s all this team and QB is missing. And it’s the only way to silence the critics and dismiss the narrative.
Is that so? Because I'm pretty sure the Chiefs had a winning record when they best Hurts in the Superbowl. If you are talking about regular season, who cares. Plenty have stated on here that regular season games don't count.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is that so? Because I'm pretty sure the Chiefs had a winning record when they best Hurts in the Superbowl. If you are talking about regular season, who cares. Plenty have stated on here that regular season games don't count.
Yes, obviously it is 13 straight regular season games victories over winning teams.

And I wasn’t attempting to present a narrative , just the facts. Take it for whatever it’s worth to you.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We are indeed improving

9ers scheme players open . McCafferty has elevated their run game

Brock benefits by not having to thread the needle on the majority of his passes

The left side of their O line opens true holes for the RB’s and their D is very formidable

They look like the most dominant team at this point and will be a challenge for whomever they face

The Philly rematch will tell us a lot going forward
their front 4 genrates a lot of pressure and pass rush and allows them to play the zone defense with two deep safties and dropping seven into coverage. that's why they spend so much investement on their DL. its the key to their defense.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
What planet are you from?

Yes, if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl is DOES magically make my life better because I'm a fan.......short for fanatic?
What fairy world you living in. You will be happy, as will I, but make no mistake it won't change anything in our lives. You can't live vicariously through a team. So happy yes, but better no. And if it makes your life better, then maybe there's some evaluation you should be doing on your situation.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Just sayin’…
Why wouldn't it matter?

ESisback

Reaction score
Why wouldn't it matter?
It matters. My point is no matter what we do, the majority of the “experts” will push the narrative that is most supportive to rating$, and right now, that’s Dallas failing on the big stage. Their largest fanbase tunes in, and the even larger demo that despises them watches too—a HUGE group of viewers.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Just sayin’…
You'll notice that they always move the goal posts for Cowboy fans. For the longest time it was, "They haven't won a playoff game in 25 years." So then we won one with Romo, so I'm sure that shut them up. Nope. They changed it to, "They've only won one playoff game in X years." Then we won another one, so I'm sure that shut them up. Nope. They just changed it to, "They've only won two playoff games in X years" or "They haven't one a divisional playoff game in twenty-[howevermany] years." So let's say we do win the divisional round this year, and advance to the NFC Championship game and play a great game against the 49ers or the Eagles or whomever, losing by only one point in a game that comes down to the last play. Of course, I'm sure they'll finally shut up, right? Ha ha ha ha. No, they won't. I've seen some fans of other teams pissing and moaning that Cowboy fans celebrate our victories. That's what they're doing when they say, "You haven't beaten anyone." Then they claim that celebrating a win over the Giants or over the Commanders is the same thing as claiming we're Super Bowl shoe-ins. They're just a bunch of idiots. This team could win the next 6 Super Bowls in a row, and they would say, "But Green Bay has more championships."
Success has different levels. This team has had modest success in the last 27 years or so, winning several NFC East titles and two playoff games. Of course you want to reach higher and get a championship, but that doesn't make those division titles or playoff wins invalid.