45-10! But does it even matter?

ESisback

Reaction score
Only in your mind. The Dallas Cowboys probably don't give a crap what the media does in comparison to other teams, but it sure does tie your brain in knots! smh
Not in knots. I just value fairness and justice. Just because someone answers, doesn’t mean they’re freaked out.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Ironically as I read through these threads Fox Sports radio is giving their thoughts on this very topic.

Jonas Knox picked the Cowboys as his preseason SB favorite and stated that nothing the Cowboys did yesterday make him more confident in his predication citing the obvious - the Cowboys beat the teams that don’t win but not the teams that do.

You need to beat whoever is in front of you but the reality is what it is. This organization will garner no national credibility until they can beat Philly and/or the 9er’s.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Remember last season? The eagles beating up on nobodies. They were still loved and commended weekly. On here and by the media.
You mean the eagles that went to the Super Bowl? Bc if so they backed it up and everything the media and us were saying were facts. I think they also went 9-1 vs teams with winning records last year

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dallas is 8-3, but the narrative is we haven’t played anyone—our wins are meaningless.
Oh the wins mean something as does the record. For instance, we have beaten 8 of the 11 teams we have played. That is something. That all 8 teams we have beaten won't be making the post season is also something. Will be interesting what happens in the post season or if they even make it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You mean the eagles that went to the Super Bowl? Bc if so they backed it up and everything the media and us were saying were facts. I think they also went 9-1 vs teams with winning records last year
You must have missed who they played last year. They didnt play 9 teams with a winning record.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Facts are facts. You can only beat the teams you play, but the Cowboys haven't beaten a good team. Philly beat Dallas, Miami, and beat KC on the road.
And also I love how people are dismissing SF after they curb stomped us in humiliating fashion.
In the end, the only thing that matter is who wins and loses in January but right now--I've seen this song and dance before.
Hot November, then fizzle when it counts.

I'm in wait and see mode personally.
Hope it turns out better this year than in years past.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I know, I know, IGNORE the media, the “haters”, the internet trolls, etc., but can anyone explain the madness? Most of the media, anyone that hates Dallas, and a portion of our own fanbase scoff at our trouncing of below average teams.

Dallas is 8-3, but the narrative is we haven’t played anyone—our wins are meaningless. But in the interest of fairness let’s examine a few “elite” teams. Yeah, Philly is 9-1, with a loaded roster, but if you look at the results, they haven’t dominated anyone. They beat the Rams, Washington twice, 4-6 Tampa, and New England. Should we discount those 5 wins? Plus, they lost to the Jets, and were gifted the Miami win by the refs, but THEY’RE legit! The 9ers lost three, plus beat up on Seattle, the Rams, Tampa, Arizona, and the Giants! And they’re a juggernaut!

Just sayin’…
Well said.

Hasn’t this fanbase learned anything from a HOF coach in Bill Parcells? “You are what your record says you are.”

ShiningStar

Reaction score
We haven’t beaten anyone with a pulse. Do that and people will pay attention.

i liked this win. Washington was playing ok, not solid but a divison game is a divison game and they had a good chance until the 4th quarter. Most teams beat us easily or let us beat ourselves, WSH fought us until the 4th.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Ironically as I read through these threads Fox Sports radio is giving their thoughts on this very topic.

Jonas Knox picked the Cowboys as his preseason SB favorite and stated that nothing the Cowboys did yesterday make him more confident in his predication citing the obvious - the Cowboys beat the teams that don’t win but not the teams that do.

You need to beat whoever is in front of you but the reality is what it is. This organization will garner no national credibility until they can beat Philly and/or the 9er’s.
That goes with accountability and being good. The Cowboys are both and going towards 'the dance.'

Those negative followers...learn English.

CCBoy

Reaction score
And also I love how people are dismissing SF after they curb stomped us in humiliating fashion.
In the end, the only thing that matter is who wins and loses in January but right now--I've seen this song and dance before.
Hot November, then fizzle when it counts.

I'm in wait and see mode personally.
Hope it turns out better this year than in years past.
Good is good...take a nap. :muttley:

CCBoy

Reaction score
You must have missed who they played last year. They didnt play 9 teams with a winning record.
A schedule for a 12 win team and playoff team from the previous year...just like this one!! That part is the formula of the NFL!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Oh the wins mean something as does the record. For instance, we have beaten 8 of the 11 teams we have played. That is something. That all 8 teams we have beaten won't be making the post season is also something. Will be interesting what happens in the post season or if they even make it.
That doesn't make the litmus test beyond assumption and still was based upon project of level of wins from the previous season and by the NFL, not the Cowboys. Blame does NOT attach.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know, I know, IGNORE the media, the “haters”, the internet trolls, etc., but can anyone explain the madness? Most of the media, anyone that hates Dallas, and a portion of our own fanbase scoff at our trouncing of below average teams.

Dallas is 8-3, but the narrative is we haven’t played anyone—our wins are meaningless. But in the interest of fairness let’s examine a few “elite” teams. Yeah, Philly is 9-1, with a loaded roster, but if you look at the results, they haven’t dominated anyone. They beat the Rams, Washington twice, 4-6 Tampa, and New England. Should we discount those 5 wins? Plus, they lost to the Jets, and were gifted the Miami win by the refs, but THEY’RE legit! The 9ers lost three, plus beat up on Seattle, the Rams, Tampa, Arizona, and the Giants! And they’re a juggernaut!

Just sayin’…
Just a scenario.

The Bills go to the Eagles and are desperate and win.

The 49ers go to the Eagles and win.

Dallas beats Seattle, then has ten days off and plays in their home. Dallas hands the Eagles their 4th loss.

Dallas runs the table. Dallas is at the top of the NFC, not just the East, has home field throughout the play-offs and a bye.

Will that happen? I don't know. Could it happen? Yes.

I understand your position and agree. But to the questioned asked, "Does it matter.

It absolutely does matter.

nobody

Reaction score
Good post overall.

I'll just say in general that point differential is a better predictor of future success than record is. Teams have fluke wins and will stack up luck for a few weeks. Analysts at the time will say that the 3 point win was a master job in coaching or great resilience but it was probably just luck. That invariably evens itself out. I'm trying to confirm this but I believe that New England had the best point differential in the NFL every year they won a Super Bowl.

Personally, I don't think the Eagles are all that this year. They are one of those "lucky" teams. I could go back through their season and reverse 4 plays or penalties and give them 4 more losses. Their point differential reflects the fact that their defense has been rather mediocre and their offense good but not great.

Unfortunately, I think SF really is that good. Their record should be better than it is and is the result of some short term injuries combined with bad luck. Beyond that, they have Dallas' number AND Dallas doesn't play well on the road on grass.

My prediction at this point:
Dallas beats Philly in Dallas but can't catch them. They go 5-1 the rest of the way and finish 13-4 as the 5 seed.
SF beats Philly. They go undefeated the rest of the way and get the 1 seed.
Dallas wins its WC game, goes to SF and loses in the divisional round
SF wins super bowl

The haters blast away at the fact that its been 30 years since Dallas got to a conference championship game and that Dak can't win the big one.
Thanks, good post as well. I would agree with the bold in general except when it comes to Dallas....because of the past several years and what it's shown us.

I tend to agree with your assessment of how the rest of the season and playoffs will play out, though things happen (like key injuries, flukes, etc..). It's sort of Dallas' only hope at this point if they hope to advance past the divisional round.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Facts are facts. You can only beat the teams you play, but the Cowboys haven't beaten a good team. Philly beat Dallas, Miami, and beat KC on the road.
Last year the giants won a ton of haves within a fg... this year reality set in.

The eagles got lucky against chiefs, extremely lucky against Dallas. What did they fumble, 2 or 3 times and the ball bounced right back into their hands against Dallas. Dak 3 inches out of bounds. . All that luck could just as easy go the other way.

In 28th Dallas was 12 and 4... could have EASILY been 8 and 8.

If you want to crown em...... well you know the rest. But i for one am not shaking in my boots at the prospect of seeing Philly in the playoffs on the road.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Well they only "trounced" us the last time. We undeniably had a bad game. That happens to all teams. Our defense is leaps and bounds better than theirs, Prescott makes purdy boy look like a junior college QB, Cee Dee runs circles around their receivers and Pollard is just getting warmed up. I won't even mention the eagles and lions, both those teams are pathetic. We will be the NFC representative in the SB, absolutely no doubt.
Well, if you are that sure, will you publicly acknowledge you were wrong if they don't?

Dakota

Reaction score
Well, if you are that sure, will you publicly acknowledge you were wrong if they don't?
Publicly acknowledge? What the hell is that? Stand in the village square a read an official decree saying I was wrong?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Why put our backups in? Reps are important, especially this time of year. You don't get your car all tuned up and running perfect to let it sit for months only to find it won't start. We are clicking on all cylinders and have shown over the last 3 games our offense (and defense) is the gold standard of the NFL. To derail that at this point is absurd. The more quality reps the better. Consider the 4th quarters as a jump on the coming week's practice. That should calm everyone down.
not just that, the Commanders were still going for it on 4th down, they didn't see the game as over