49ers and Eagles show you can make a Super Bowl start from scratch and make another one

Jayinem

Reaction score
You don’t dump your starter who led you to three straight 12-5 seasons and was in the MVP race this season for an unproven QB. We didn’t move on from Romo until Dak proved himself. The last time the Cowboys moved on from their starting QB before they had a proven replacement was after the 2000 season and that led to 5 years of futility.
Not only does Dak get rich beyond his wildest dreams by beating bad teams like the Giants, he has actual human beings that defend him and say you cannot possibly move on from him. Who cares about the playoffs right those 12 wins against bad teams cannot be replaced.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Dallas give up 5 TDs to Green Bay in 6 drives and all the Dak haters see is it is Dak's fault. We just saw teh 49ers get down by 17 points in the first half to the Lions then give up no points until less than a minute was left in the game, allowing 49ers to get back in the game, but again, they only see Dak as a problem.

I have posted all kinds of data showing how rare it is for drafted QBs to make it in the NFL, even first round QBs, but all they know is cut Dak and draft a QB and the problem is solved, as if no one else has ever tried that, like the Giants, Commanders, and every other NFL team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in a long time.

Look at the QBs who went to a Super Bowl drafted since 2000. Colin Kaepernick, Rex Grossman, Nick Foles, Jalen Hurts, Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Jimmy Garropolo, Jared Goff, Joe Flacco, are you all going to tell me these QBs raised their teams to Super Bowls or did their teams take them? Matthew Stafford never won anything for Detroit. He goes to the Rams and suddenly he is a franchise QB? Or isn't it more likely that the Lions were a bad football team that held Stafford back, and the Rams were better and able to carry Stafford to a Championship?

If the Cowboys lost that game 48-47 you would also still blame Dak for the loss. Dak is a better QB than Brock Purdy and you all know it. But Purdy has a better team and it is his team that carried them past the Lions - wo the Cowboys also beat btw, and if not for the defense giving up a cheap TD late in the game, and some poor clock management by the HC, it would have been a 7 point win.
Dak has sucked in the playoffs for three straight seasons (save for that gem versus the terrible Tampa defense of last year). Is it possible that you overvalue Dak’s contributions with Dallas -instead of being able to differentiate Dak’s capabilities and all of his supporting cast in the regular season?

Detroit did a pretty quick rebuild after losing Stafford-and I am not a huge Goff fan. If Dallas was able to build a sufficient team to win with Dak in the playoffs (a deep run)-it would have happened by now. Dak may not be the only problem in the playoffs, but you should not build around him if he’s a major problem (which he obviously is).

Most QB’s have zero chance at success in this league. They go to teams in actual full rebuild (not just coaches but front office too). There is zero stability and zero patience. They are just supposed to immediately succeed or be labeled a bust (even surrounded by a trash roster). They have a maximum of three seasons for the most part and then bye, and another full rebuild happens. That’s why so many QB’s fail to succeed in this league.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not only does Dak get rich beyond his wildest dreams by beating bad teams like the Giants, he has actual human beings that defend him and say you cannot possibly move on from him. Who cares about the playoffs right those 12 wins against bad teams cannot be replaced.
Beating those teams helped us win the division. Not all those wins were against bad teams. The Cowboys would be a bad team if some of you were in charge. The bad teams are the ones that don’t have viable QBs.

Blitzen

Reaction score
:rolleyes: The Cowboys won’t be moving on from him until they have a proven QB to replace him and you can book it. :thumbup:
It’s true. The options are to try to project future results or wait till the wheels fall off. One day he will not be able to start in this league, and the team will dump him. It will be sooner than later-no matter what they extend him for this off-season. I’m just firmly in the corner of-they have gone as far as they are going to go with Dak-therefore make alternative plans now and get on with the inevitable rebuild.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
They have GM's we have Jerry :facepalm: I don't get some of you guys:facepalm: Jerry hasn't built a team strong enough to make a playoff run in 28 years. And some have been with good teams. Like this team or not 12-5 for 3 years-is hard to do. So, if Jerry can't get this team past round one? How in the "common sense of glory" do you think he can do it from scratch:oops:

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Both franchises have ownership that aren't making the day-to-day decisions. They have real football people doing that. They have people in positions that have pressure to win. We don't.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
They have GM's we have Jerry :facepalm: I don't get some of you guys:facepalm: Jerry hasn't built a team strong enough to make a playoff run in 28 years. And some have been with good teams. Like this team or not 12-5 for 3 years-is hard to do. So, if Jerry can't get this team past round one? How in the "common sense of glory" do you think he can do it from scratch:oops:
It's really this damn simple. It's culture that those organizations have. Our culture is Hollywood with guys making decisions that to put football first.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
It's really this damn simple. It's culture that those organizations have. Our culture is Hollywood with guys making decisions that to put football first.
Yep. Also marketing above winning.....Jerry markets this team every year nearly as a Super Bowl team. Said it again this year. And some fall for it... Jerry is just a salesman selling false hopes to gullible Dallas Cowboy fans.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s true. The options are to try to project future results or wait till the wheels fall off. One day he will not be able to start in this league, and the team will dump him. It will be sooner than later-no matter what they extend him for this off-season. I’m just firmly in the corner of-they have gone as far as they are going to go with Dak-therefore make alternative plans now and get on with the inevitable rebuild.
One day a lot of QBs will no longer be able to start in the league. The only way the wheels will fall off is if we’re left without a viable starting QB. That’s how the wheels fell off in the late 80s and early 2000s. You don’t attempt to rebuild beginning with your starting QB after a 12-5 season and a division championship. There’s still some hope with the QB we have.

Blitzen

Reaction score
One day a lot of good QBs won’t be able to start in the league. Not wasting my time with this any further.
The Cowboys should be actively looking for his replacement. If the guy shows promise in practice, you can bet on the guy going forward. Tony Romo was not going to be able to complete more than one or two more seasons when he left (no matter if Dak fell on his face). The team may have to move on even if they don’t have a solid replacement in place, lol. Good foresight means preparing for the inevitable. Keep him for one last season then move on if necessary-it’s not like going 12-5 in the regular season is the end all.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's never going to be enough.
Offense and defense both ranked in top 5 for yardage and scoring. Multiple all pros and pro bowlers on both sides. Dak has talent, and has talent around him, that's not the issue. It's a mental issue with him. He's got a glitch. Same with Lamar.
explain the other 20 years of the players glitch..again I dont care if you change the name of every player on the team and coach...AGAIN..show me how you fixed this issue by doing the same thing...either they fix the source of the issue or your just changing the name of the "Loser" we have at the end of the season...We need Jerseys with "Write Name Here" on them because those have not mattered in decades...do i love admitting this, hell no, but its the truth....

Blitzen

Reaction score
One day a lot of QBs will no longer be able to start in the league. The only way the wheels will fall off is if we’re left without a viable starting QB. That’s how the wheels fell off in the late 80s and early 2000s. You don’t attempt to rebuild beginning with your starting QB after a 12-5 season and a division championship. There’s still some hope with the QB we have.
You are waaay overvaluing the QB play in wins and losses. I agree with those that say this is a team sport. The better the supporting cast, the better chance a QB has to succeed. The front office and coaching department can get old and stubborn (even great ones). Also, other clubs can get much better at doing things that your club used to own. Landry just had to finally deal with a club that was not as dominant at drafting/developing, and other clubs that were just much better on multiple fronts (not just the QB). Same thing in the early 2000’s-it wasn’t just because they could not find a decent QB. The club was terrible at drafting, developing, and team building (they are much better now but still not great).

1942willys

Reaction score
You are waaay overvaluing the QB play in wins and losses. I agree with those that say this is a team sport. The better the supporting cast, the better chance a QB has to succeed. The front office and coaching department can get old and stubborn (even great ones). Also, other clubs can get much better at doing things that your club used to own. Landry just had to finally deal with a club that was not as dominant at drafting/developing, and other clubs that were just much better on multiple fronts (not just the QB). Same thing in the early 2000’s-it wasn’t just because they could not find a decent QB. The club was terrible at drafting, developing, and team building (they are much better now but still not great).
All else being nearly equal, a lot of the times it comes down to the QB
IT is clear that KC does not have as much overall talent as some other teams, but Mahoones is so much better than anyone else in crunch time they keep on truckin
But the boys have the huge ball and chain called Jerry and that pretty much dooms us

Blitzen

Reaction score
All else being nearly equal, a lot of the times it comes down to the QB
IT is clear that KC does not have as much overall talent as some other teams, but Mahoones is so much better than anyone else in crunch time they keep on truckin
But the boys have the huge ball and chain called Jerry and that pretty much dooms us
There are maybe 2 QB’s max that are so good they can cancel out lots of other offensive issues. Mahomes and Burrow in my estimation. Large gap after that-though Allen seems to kind of flit between elite and very good.

Most are in the good to very good depending on their supporting cast. The worse the supporting cast-the more likely they look bad. The problem becomes when people have to think about how they stack up against an elite squad that they will have to get past in the playoffs. They try to extrapolate results versus poor or poorer teams to the elite clubs. It does not work that way-the team has to actually play versus the elite teams to see how the squad seems to match up. Then the uncertainty as to how the biggest moments on the biggest stage can affect a person’s psyche-Pat wasn’t slicing and dicing all day. But he did not crap his pants and did not turn the ball over. The other guy did.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I guess Harbaugh should be fired now and Jackson traded asap... Fire Cambell-trade Goff for fruit...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Since we've made the Super Bowl both franchises have now gone to 3 different Super Bowls with 3 different Quarterbacks. The Eagles have had 3 different coaches while 49ers have had two.

This is why I tune out the Dak homers who act like we're doomed if we move on from Dak. The way I look at it we're doomed with Dak anyway just because we are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot does not make success when you're talking about the Dallas Cowboys. We can't string together just two playoff wins in a row in a single playoffs, many times not even one, so that is not success. Not to mention unless we're keeping Dak until his late 30's which rarely ever happens we're going to have to move on from him one day anyway. Then again can't put anything past Jerry.

As far as coach I believe Harbough would have taken the job if we moved on from McCarthy. Instead they turned McCarthy into a lame duck coach with no extension and who knows who will be available next season.

Jerry Jones has turned this franchise into a joke.
Let's check your stance out...how many Super Bowls were won by both your Eagles and San Francisco since 1994?

You going to be an irritant on issues. Touch all the facts...

Waiting on your response to my question...don't be running and hiding!

A good view or a bad view, the team has to still be improved. But with the full potentials at use, not attitude against product.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
There are maybe 2 QB’s max that are so good they can cancel out lots of other offensive issues. Mahomes and Burrow in my estimation. Large gap after that-though Allen seems to kind of flit between elite and very good.

Most are in the good to very good depending on their supporting cast. The worse the supporting cast-the more likely they look bad. The problem becomes when people have to think about how they stack up against an elite squad that they will have to get past in the playoffs. They try to extrapolate results versus poor or poorer teams to the elite clubs. It does not work that way-the team has to actually play versus the elite teams to see how the squad seems to match up. Then the uncertainty as to how the biggest moments on the biggest stage can affect a person’s psyche-Pat wasn’t slicing and dicing all day. But he did not crap his pants and did not turn the ball over. The other guy did.
Good view...and Cincinnati has gone how many years from winning a Super Bowl. Agreed, they are a competitive team.

Kansas City has Andy Reid and he has more than earned his role as HC.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Since we've made the Super Bowl both franchises have now gone to 3 different Super Bowls with 3 different Quarterbacks. The Eagles have had 3 different coaches while 49ers have had two.

This is why I tune out the Dak homers who act like we're doomed if we move on from Dak. The way I look at it we're doomed with Dak anyway just because we are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot does not make success when you're talking about the Dallas Cowboys. We can't string together just two playoff wins in a row in a single playoffs, many times not even one, so that is not success. Not to mention unless we're keeping Dak until his late 30's which rarely ever happens we're going to have to move on from him one day anyway. Then again can't put anything past Jerry.

As far as coach I believe Harbough would have taken the job if we moved on from McCarthy. Instead they turned McCarthy into a lame duck coach with no extension and who knows who will be available next season.

Jerry Jones has turned this franchise into a joke.
Rather than making it about Dak or even the head coach, what this should tell us is that going "all in" isn't as detrimental as some (including the Joneses) seem to think. San Francisco and Philly have been willing to do whatever it takes to supplement their roster; Dallas has not.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You are waaay overvaluing the QB play in wins and losses.
You must not have been following football long if you honestly believe that. You’re waaay undervaluing the QB in wins and losses because no position influences the outcome of games like QB play. There’s a reason KC keeps going to the SB, it’s mostly because of the play of their QB. There’s a reason the first pick in the draft is almost always a QB,

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The better the supporting cast, the better chance a QB has to succeed.
The supporting cast hasn’t nearly been good enough in the playoffs for our QB to succeed. The defense usually performs like trash and we can’t run the ball. That’s going to have an averse affect on any QB.