Twitter: 49ers DB Jimmie Ward on their gameplan

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

We have a $40m QB that instills 0 fear in opposing defenses.

Wow

I am in no way suggesting Dak was good yesterday. He was average. We needed a "B+" performance from him to win....and we got a "C". But "forcing Dak to beat us" encompasses multiple things. The right plays need to be called. The WRs need to get open. The WRs have to catch the ball. The pass protection needs to be good. And the OL cannot commit penalties. Dak is what he is in my opinion. The money is spent. It is sunk cost. I get fans are upset. But the organization better go to work on those other things I mentioned....or the results will not change.

Even had we won yesterday.....this much should be clear. Dak is not winning 4 postseason games. Dak is not the only one making a lot of money. And if we expect Dak to win by himself...why even pay anybody else? McCarthy? Awful! Moore? Awful!

Again...I cannot stress enough...Dak was not good enough yesterday. He played a LOT better in his playoff debut in 2016. He has also played better in other playoff games. So he can play better. But he will never be good enough to win 4 playoff games on his own.

Much like Garrett was never going to win multiple playoff games in a single postseason. Neither is McCarthy. When your head coach gives you NOTHING....I mean NOTHING of a decided advantage...your ceiling is 1 playoff win. Everyone over there...everyone...the Jones family, the players, the coaches....they are all just skinning and grinning and cashing checks. We are trash outside the NFC East. It is comical.

Last edited:

willia451

Reaction score
I believed in Dak, thought he had the it factor and I was just flat out wrong. I'm wrong about a lot of **** to be honest. But I'm sick of going down the wrong road just to say I was right. The fact is, Jerry is the core problem but he's off limits. So the issues that are touchable are the Coaches and players. And our coach is being outsmarted, our QB sucks, our receivers stink, our offensive coordinator stinks as well. We feasted against the trash of the league, most realists saw this but I was in denial. Never again.

The biggest problem with Dak is he is simply not good enough to overcome a "sketchy at best" OL. He also needs good WRs and at least a serviceable running game. And that means he's not an elite QB in the NFL. He's about middle of the road. But we ALL knew that about him already.

It's not a new thing. It's just the same old thing. Romo was basically the same way.

Dak neither sucks nor is he great.

Look. Everyone said after the last Eagles game the Cowboys will go as far in the playoffs as this OL will take us.

Turns out it wasn't very far. A hard deal. But there it is.

Brax

Reaction score
The tape don't lie, Dak doesn't do many things well as a QB.

No pocket awareness
Poor accuracy
Can't read defenses
Late release/poor route anticipation

How did the front office come into the conclusion that Dak merited a 40M per season contract with so many red flags?
Simple JJ ego wants to say that's his QB simple as that.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
NP man in the end we all rise and fall together!
Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought you were a troll or Eagles fan. You just saw through the crap. Dak is a good 4th round pick. Not an elite quarterback. He never will be. That is the downfall of the Joneses.. They get lucky with Romo and Dak but don’t seem to understand that you need Aikman. I realize now that Aikman is the most underrated quarterback in NFL history.

The Natural

Reaction score
Same thing KC said. Same thing Denver said. Same thing AZ said. Teams don’t say this when facing an elite QB. You homers (that have now scattered like cockroaches) spent all year making call out threads for the “haters” whenever Dak lit up a bad team, but as you can see whenever we play a team worth their salt its the same story. Its too much to overcome winning a big time playoff game with a fraudster at QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Or your 3rd WR chucking the ball laterally

I'd like to know what happened this year. Dak WAS making tight throws, taking chances, throwing deep before the Den game. Since then, he looked like a rookie. Indecisive, no pocket presence, happy to dump off to Zeke for 2 yds.

Go back and watch the 2019 season, after the 3-0 start when he was doing what you said he was doing before the Denver game. Then look up articles on what was being said when he beat bad teams like Detroit and how “he’s back to MVP Dak” only to crap the bed again.

It’s the same Dak..

Look at the 2017 season, when Zeke was suspended. When the SYSTEM is upset a little bit; pay attention to how he gets completely thrown off and the chemistry with the offense just goes completely off kilter.

Sydla

Reaction score

We have a $40m QB that instills 0 fear in opposing defenses.

Wow

I mean that’s not much of a game plan making us one dimensional with our OL and them continually running Elliott out there.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Jerry has to stop screwing around with this position like he's done for 20 something years. It's the most important position on the team and he's tried to get

1. Past their prime QBs (Drew Bledsoe, Kosar, Ryan leaf)
2. Ex Baseball players (Drew Henson and Hutchinson)
3. Following the trend (Randall Cunningham, Rodney Pete)
4. Outsmart the football world by drafting Quincy Carter
5. Outsmart the world with an undrafted Tony Romo
6. Outsmart the world again by drafting a 4th rounder Dak Prescott

His QB drafting and free agent IQ is extremely low, and again, this is by far the most important position on the team.
Ouch! That history is painful to look at.

khiladi

Reaction score
I am apologizing to Pappy, Willie, Rison, Catch, Atlanta, Mountaineer, Khalidi, and the rest of the Dak haters. Dak had the ball at midfield at the two minute warning 1st down, three timeouts. A top 12 quarterback wins that game. San Francisco was also down 3 of their top defensive players. Shoot, Kirk Cousins wins that game.

No need for apologies if you never took it personal and started attacking us for our football opinions. It’s just a game that we have opinions on and have no control over as far as outcome is concerned.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak arguably would have carved out a niche as the best backup QB in football, that could keep a team afloat when their starting QB goes down for a few games here and there. But 2016 made Jerry completely delusional. Remember also, 2016 not only justified Dak over Romo to Jerry, it justified Jason Garrett to the world once again to Jerry.