49ers releasing Bowman. Should Cowboys be interested?***Merged***

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Stephen Jones shortly after: “he’s a great player. no doubt. we just want to continue a different direction right now with our young guys.”

:rolleyes:

Stephen: Um, Bowman....yes he is a great player but we don't want to spend big money right now.

10 minutes later Bowman signs for 1year/ 3.5 mil with the Eagles. Wuuuuhahahahahahaaaaaaaa

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
This would make sense for even more than just this year........that's why I don't see it happening.

Fontaine

Reaction score
Lee and bowman, lord Imagine that. With our d-line looking decent we would be left to upgrade the sad secondary. But sadly I know this is to good to be true.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't feel the same as you sir. Lol enjoy Jerry Jones

Ehh....he took a hit this week....he upset a lot of players.....signing Bowman.....it would change things.....but yeah I doubt it. Sucks for us and the offense....can get a clear need for the defense and they are letting off the field politics get in its way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lee and bowman, lord Imagine that. With our d-line looking decent we would be left to upgrade the sad secondary. But sadly I know this is to good to be true.

I don't think the secondary is the problem. The run game and running backs have been killing us. I'm fine with the secondary just fix this linebacking corp.

CCBoy

Reaction score
A trio of Smith, Lee, and Bowman...and backups of Wilson, and Hitchens. That group would be chopping their way up to great linebacker groups.

Fontaine

Reaction score
I don't think the secondary is the problem. The run game and running backs have been killing us. I'm fine with the secondary just fix this linebacking corp.

And that's what I'm saying, you get bowman that's a huge upgrade at LB, even if it just fills a position until smith can actually get healthy. Personally I think our secondary is still an issue as well , as long as I look back there and see heath, it's a problem lol...

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
He will get signed for 1 year/ 3.5 mil like somebody posted already. And we will all go :eek:.
His new team will be holding a press conference to announce the signing at exactly the same time Jerry finds a camera to jump in front of to say "uh, yes, we'll be uh, doing our due diligence and consider uh, all options", as you know, we're always looking, uh, for ways uh, to improve our football team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There is a reason he got release. We shouldn't be going after other team's scrubs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And that's what I'm saying, you get bowman that's a huge upgrade at LB, even if it just fills a position until smith can actually get healthy. Personally I think our secondary is still an issue as well , as long as I look back there and see heath, it's a problem lol...
It's still issue for sure. Let me rephrase what I said.....I don't think the secondary will be as big of a issue by seasons end....I really like their potential....especially if they phase out Heath.

Adding Bowman to this defense Even if he is a shell of his former self would be too good to be true.

Fontaine

Reaction score
It's still issue for sure. Let me rephrase what I said.....I don't think the secondary will be as big of a issue by seasons end....I really like their potential....especially if they phase out Heath.

Adding Bowman to this defense Even if he is a shell of his former self would be too good to be true.

100% agree, hopefully jerry and co. See it the same way and pull the trigger.

Aven8

Reaction score
Reading through the thread, I have to laugh at those wondering what he has left and whether he can help the team.

Bowman could be in the early stages of AIDS and upgrade our LB corp. Let's be real here.

:laugh:

Bowman could play from his knees and give us what Jaylon has!

DiResta

Reaction score
you mean like getting a stud corner like Lewis? or a 2nd round guy like Chido? maybe Xavier at safety?
the secondary is upgraded, but they are rookies it will be up and down
you didnt draft in the top 5 for these guys
the Cowboys have a ridiculous amount of sacks and pressures
the big problem is linebacker
playing prevent and rushing 3 because we have no linebackers is killing against the run
if you cant stop the run you cant stop anything. wait till Legarrette Blount is hitting the second level untouched, or even Carlos Hyde next week
Bowman may not be the same
i watched him and he wasnt that bad from what i saw, but then he has others to help including a monster defense line.
what he brings is the presnap knowledge and leadership
some calling a 4 time 1st team all pro a jag lol
hes forgot more than you will ever know about football
it would be like 2 Sean Lees, 1 at Will and 1 at Mike. let Wilson cover
then you rush 4 again