49ers releasing Bowman. Should Cowboys be interested?***Merged***

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Reading through the thread, I have to laugh at those wondering what he has left and whether he can help the team.

Bowman could be in the early stages of AIDS and upgrade our LB corp. Let's be real here.
He has played 94% of the snaps for SF this year

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Are you suggesting Bowman will pick a team that will allow him to kneel during the anthem?

That would be highly idiotic. I'm thinking it's fan thought.
Like every player in the NFL, he will go where the money is....period.
Besides, it’s likely no one will be kneeling in the NFL next season.

DiResta

Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg
were getting the band back together

gmoney112

Reaction score
Well, I do believe he tore his ACL and achilles in back to back seasons, so he'd be a perfect fit.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Like every player in the NFL, he will go where the money is....period.
Besides, it’s likely no one will be kneeling in the NFL next season.
Not everyone values money over certain principles.....ill leave it at that

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Shouldn't we pick him up right away so he can tell us everything about the 49ers? Our bozo staff is not smart enough to game plan.

bark

Reaction score
We took a run at ro mac why not him. Hire someone to keep him off the purple, keep him away from matches, and randy Gregory. Oh yeah and he will have to play for peanuts.
Instantly upgrades our biggest need on defense, but I'll be surprised if he signs here

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He's 29 and under contract through 2022.
His cap numbers the next few years would be:
2017 - $6.75M
2018 - $8.7M
2019 - $2.55M
2020 - $5.85M
2021 - $7.65M
2022 - $8.5M

He'll probably cost more than the Cowboys would be willing to give up. Plus, it would be admitting Jaylon Smith wasn't ready.
Good job, me lord.
At those numbers, not worth it.
It's not as if he were 25.

Aven8

Reaction score
I swear this off season could rank right up there with jerry's late 90s early 2000 ones ..

For some reason they are scared of free agency and it's to the detriment of this franchise. Building through the draft is fine and dandy but you simply MUST compliment it with quality, not bargain bin free agents. Mcclay may be buying into his own hype ..

I've said this countless times....it's not Jerry, its Stephen. After the Carr contract he's been so damn gun shy, he's said it on the radio countless times. Yet Carr never missed a game in his career.......