49ers releasing Bowman. Should Cowboys be interested?***Merged***

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Bowman is expected to sign somewhere by Monday with the Raiders and Pats showing the most interest.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I think it would have to do about Martin and his contract.

Before they throw a bunch of money around..

Martin needs his deal.

Or a solid promise towards his new deal.

If OK..then they sign a Bowman.

He would really help us..

he rushes the passer which means Marrinelli would have a new toy and blitz more.

We just lost 2 starters on defense..

should be money available.

(rubbing my hands greedily)

Martin hasn't been playing well this season. So I don't how much he is expecting at this point.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Why even bother at attempting to fix our struggling Defense this season. Let's just put it on the offense to have to score 30+points every game.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Cowboys are down about 5 linebackers though.
He'd be a progress stopper. Wilber, Hichens, Durantis on the verge.
If they really wanted him they would have sent a low round pick to the 49ers in a trade. You have to wonder where he would fit in the defense with Hitchens just returning, and Lee likely coming back after the bye week. The Cowboys play a lot of two LB sets and I question a bit if Bowman would be a big difference maker or a nice to have as part of the lb rotation and insurance.
We might be the team they had a deal with and he didn't want to come here! Just sayin.

lostar2009

Reaction score
He'd love that. He would be the highest paid guard in NFL history if he hits free agency.

One bad year can taint that especially going into FA. He will get paid but can't demand top money unless he clean up his game moving forward.

erod

Reaction score
One bad year can taint that especially going into FA. He will get paid but can't demand top money unless he clean up his game moving forward.
Lol, 20 teams would gladly pay him to money. Wouldn't even hesitate.

It's hard to block with 8 or 9 in the box all the time.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
LB has probably been our biggest weakness this season with the health of Lee and inexperience of Smith.