Drafted by Cowboys 4th Round Pick 128 RB Tony Pollard Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumizi

Reaction score
Hes not a backup RB. He is a gadget back and special teams play. Change of pace.

If the Cowboys wanted a legitimate backup, they would have taken a different guy. If Zeke goes down or gets suspended, this guy is NOT going to carry the load.
Pretty much came to post this word for word

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
This reminds me of the Switzer pick.
I never really saw the burst with Switzer. He was a flat-footed runner. This guy has some burst and appears to read blocks quite well. He'll be better than Switzer for sure.

blueblood70

Reaction score
PFF had him as a 7th rounder, a few others as a UDFA. Maybe Dallas thought someone else wanted him?
youmean like that Phillips kid in Denver who was undrafted and made the PB..sure Cowboys FO are always wrong and draft experts right.. you know Kurt warner, Tony Romo, Tom Brady.. calm down dude sounds like nice player..if the FO thinks hes worth 4th then he is..

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I don’t mind the player at all, if they know what to do with him. Wish it would have been the fifth though, missing Isaiah Johnson hurts.

cern

Reaction score
Moore sees him as Kamara type back. 4.3 speed. Should be fun.
that's fast. at 6-0 and 210, he will be hard to stop. someone mentioned earlier he is good coming out of the slot.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
No, he was used as a versitile back, which does not automatically make him a scatback. And he is listed at 18 LBs less than Zeke is listed on the Cowboys website. Mind you, I’m not saying he is comparable to Dak in size and strength, I’m just saying he isn’t a small scatback either.
I thought he weighed in at 200 and Zeke is currently 230. But if you look at his tape he is used like a scatback...of course this is just my opinion.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Watched TP play while here at Memphis. Kid is a talent with a lot of desire and a high motor. Is a legitimate threat to go to the house every time he touches the ball. Very elusive with the rock and not afraid to go over the middle. Can play slot or wide ... very fast. I'm glad they took him .. could be really, really good ...

Verdammung

Reaction score
This was a reach for me, but there's a little bit of reason for excitement. Played both running back and slot receiver, but I'm not sure if he's really good enough to do either.

As a Receiver
  • Flashes contested catching ability.
  • Has issues with drops.
  • Not a super quick route runner for a WR, but could be a mismatch as a RB.
  • Actually a good run blocker; probably will help him make the team as a special teamer.
As a Runner
  • Has some explosion, but I didn't see much of a home run threat on tape a la his teammate Darrell Henderson.
  • Not a lot of outside the tackles runs on tape.
  • Wide Receiver grade elusiveness, not Running Back grade.
  • Not used enough to get a good feel for his vision.
  • Not used in protection.
So basically, he's a projection for a Lance Dunbar back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Pretty much came to post this word for word
totally disagree has size speed and twitch to be an nfl back, no different then the way Hunt and Kamara.. will he be good or bad time will tell but many backs have been found 4th to UDFA that turned out to be great.. Fans yelling we shouldnt have taken a Zeke sohigh or SB so high guys like Gurley , they say get them late, this guy is that type if he pans out , great , if not so be it. we needed a rb2 and Smith 2 yards and cloud of dust wasn't cutting it, not with this line..worth a late pick to fill a need and he has measurables..

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Literally the story of this draft is how everyone has people ranked wildly different and people still complain about what is and isn’t a “reach”

Status
Not open for further replies.