Drafted by Cowboys 4th Round Pick 128 RB Tony Pollard Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre11

Reaction score
Because you might have gotten him much later.

People like to poo poo this stuff but where you take a player is fairly important too.

It was said they liked Isaiah Johnson, the CB from Houston. Possibly took Pollard thinking Johnson would be there a few picks later. He wasn’t and we traded out.

You take the players you like/want and who you think fit your team who cares what position it is, who cares about value if you feel he helps you win. You people and your draft bs....lol

dallasdave

Reaction score
Versatility – Tony Pollard is Mr. Versatility. He’s aligned at every receiver position, produced as a traditional running back and is a dynamic kick returner. While not asked to do so at Memphis, I’m willing to bet he’d find success as a punt returner too. He’s found success on deep, intermediate and short passes, can run routes out of the backfield, and play running back in an instant. His body type and natural feel truly allows him to play multiple roles when asked.

9 rushing tds
9 receiving TD
7 return tD

One fumble lost

Looks to be the new gadget guy who actually can play legit RB when zeke needs to be spelled.
:hammer:You nalied it

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I watched some highlights, he's got some Madden-like juke moves. Looks like he would be a good tool in a creative offense. Let's see what Moore can do with some toys.

risco

Reaction score
I saw 4.52 speed.

Cowboys selected Memphis RB Tony Pollard with the No. 128 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.
Pollard (6’0/210) turned pro as a redshirt junior after dabbling at slot receiver and changing the pace in Memphis’ backfield behind Darrell Henderson, logging a career 139/941/9 (6.8 YPC) rushing line with 104 catches and averaging 12.4 yards per reception with nine additional scores. With 4.42 speed per his Pro Day results, Pollard particularly made his mark on kick returns, tying an FBS record by bringing back seven to the house in three seasons. Pollard is a wildcard with clear playmaking ability and outstanding versatility who should contribute on special teams immediately.

https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/38633/tony-pollard

I don't know what to believe. I hope he is as fast as they say he is @ 4.3.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm excited to see this motor scooter scoot. He can flat out fly and I think he will be fun to watch in a Cowboys uni. I'm going to go ahead and start calling him the silver streak. All you are going to see when he gets the ball is the blue star on his helmet and the silver streak he leaves behind him all the way to the endzone. Kick returner will be his natural position but he will be a great reliever for Zeke when he needs it. Great pick!

risco

Reaction score
I will say this though- 4.52 with a laser is moving quite fast. Hand time he may be a high 4.3.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where do they have the rest of our picks?

2. Trysten Hill 5th/6th round
3. Connor McGovern 4th/5th round
4. Tony Pollard 4th/5th round
5. Michael Jackson 4th/5th round
5. Joe Jackson 3rd/4th round
6. Donovan Wilson not listed
7. Mike Weber 4th/5th round
7. Jalen Jelks 4th/5th round

Some of the undrafted free agents:
Daniel Wise 7th round
Brandon Knight 6th/7th round
Mitch Hyatt 6th/7th round

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2. Trysten Hill 5th/6th round
3. Connor McGovern 4th/5th round
4. Tony Pollard 4th/5th round
5. Michael Jackson 4th/5th round
5. Joe Jackson 3rd/4th round
6. Donovan Wilson not listed
7. Mike Weber 4th/5th round
7. Jalen Jelks 4th/5th round

Some of the undrafted free agents:
Daniel Wise 7th round
Brandon Knight 6th/7th round
Mitch Hyatt 6th/7th round

If you take all the different analysts and draft resources into equation our two most highly thought of draft picks this year are McGovern and Joe Jackson.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I'm hearing some good things about this kid...can't wait to see what he has and how he'll be used.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'm hearing some good things about this kid...can't wait to see what he has and how he'll be used.

I saw some quotes that he could be used as a slot WR and after watching the video in post 148 above, you can definitely see that. Its not hard to pick plays designed to isolate him on the LB like they used to do with Lance Dunbar.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I watched some highlights, he's got some Madden-like juke moves. Looks like he would be a good tool in a creative offense. Let's see what Moore can do with some toys.
I did too, and I wonder why he wasnt picked earlier, he had more kickoff tds than anyone else.
He might break one or on a punt return.
Only thing is maybe they should hire the memphis special teams coach too?
It will be harder to do in nfl, but he does have speed and can break tackles.
If he gets a step he is gone.

Johnny23

Reaction score
He is a good one. Good team player who does whatever you need him to do. I like this pick and think he will be productive given some touches. I personally think he should get 10-12 touches a game rushing and receiving to keep Zeke fresh. I am interested in what Moore has in store for us this season. Getting a big shifty guy like this to play slot and rb shows some promise. Also like the Weber pick up as we have similar guys at rb. Love the continuity and attention to detail by more.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You take the players you like/want and who you think fit your team who cares what position it is, who cares about value if you feel he helps you win. You people and your draft bs....lol

Getting value helps you win....lol

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you take all the different analysts and draft resources into equation our two most highly thought of draft picks this year are McGovern and Joe Jackson.

The draft may not hinge on the Hill pick but his success or failure will weigh heavily on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.