4th Round Pick was Stupid!

Malhavoc

Reaction score
They have as many misses as they have hits. They also sit out free agency so their draft picks have more opportunities.

The Fan Boy crowd just likes to point out draft successes as proof and draft failures as no big deal “happens to all teams”. You can spin anything if you leave out the facts that don’t support your argument.
And what exactly are you spinning ? What narrative are you creating ? Show me proof that this team drafts poorly.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He hasn’t even played a game yet jeez give these guys a chance. You have no clue if it was a wasted pick.
Imagine its game 12, the playoff stretch run...........Tyron Smith is done, already got hurt. Pollard is dinged up. Steele has never quite been the same this year. Ball is playing guard.

Im mean.........how does that look to you? Jones is a Zeke clone and is getting 3 ypc. Dak is getting mauled by the pass rush. Sound like a great plan or what?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly.

You can't actually point at this team and think they're infallible. Kelvin Joseph, Nahshon Wright--these are super recent misses caused by this team's desire to reach for need and/or traits
Forget about hits and misses for a minute. They didnt get a guard and they didnt even get a RB? WHAT?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our QB will be flattened without better O- Line play. We going to let Josh Ball play LT again in a pinch?
Josh ball has been moved to guard
They added Chuma, drafted an olinemen and brought some udfas to compete.
This does not the members already here from last year not any improvement MW might have.

I wanted a big fatty mean old OG as well. So I get where you are coming from.
Personally would have took one over a couple of the players chosen.

But we have to see what we have and how it will go because we can not hook up with sherman and peabody for a trip in the way back machine.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Imagine its game 12, the playoff stretch run...........Tyron Smith is done, already got hurt. Pollard is dinged up. Steele has never quite been the same this year. Ball is playing guard.

Im mean.........how does that look to you? Jones is a Zeke clone and is getting 3 ypc. Dak is getting mauled by the pass rush. Sound like a great plan or what?
We don’t know what the team is going to look like on opening day.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO I love Deuce. But you cant really think they are going to be a power running team with Pollard and Deuce and a worse Oline than las year?
Why does it have to be POWER running.

I would imagine with Pollard, Deuce and one of the other backs they can get a run game going and or do more short passes to the RB

roarr

Reaction score
3T was a need, even if you didn't realize. It's a rotational piece and if he plays like he did in college, we get a star at a premium position. Upside

tm1119

Reaction score

There’s a better chance Ball doesn’t make the roster than he plays any kind of significant snaps at guard.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No. But I trust McClay.
So thats your stock and trade cookie cutter answer to everything?

I mean.............what kind of an opinion is that? And do you REALLY think McClay is making all these decisions?

Did McClay pick bubba fat the rapper corner? Hill?

Do you love EVERY pick? Are you a robot?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There’s a better chance Ball doesn’t make the roster than he plays any kind of significant snaps at guard.
They really are delusional if they think this Oline will hold up. Wow!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why does it have to be POWER running.

I would imagine with Pollard, Deuce and one of the other backs they can get a run game going and or do more short passes to the RB
MM is the guy that lead us to believe that he wants to get back to running the football. Now if they are going to properly feature Deuce and Pollard fine. But they havent used Pollard correctly in 4 years?

I love Pollard and Im not blind enough to know that you need more guys in a committee than Pollard and Deuce.

Those two guys are GREAT. But you need a work horse type to team with them. Jones? Really?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you a robot?
giphy.gif