4th Round Pick was Stupid!

timb2

Reaction score
Like I said, you know nothing about this player other than he is a DL.
BOOM Tyron Smith goes down at LT so we slide Tyler Smith to LT so now who plays LG?

Another scenario

BOOM Dorance Armstrong goes down, do we have acceptable edge rushers before Fehoko who can take Armstrong's place? Answer is yes for solid DE depth and are you going to trust journeyman Chuma Udoga to be the new LG for our offense?

LittleD

Reaction score
Our QB will be flattened without better O- Line play. We going to let Josh Ball play LT again in a pinch?
No dude...they have moved Josh Ball to LG. He is going to be the Dak protector.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We needed a future LG a RB and we draft a guy who won't see the field.

Armstrong
Lawrence
S.Williams
Fowler
Golston

And Parsons

Israel Abanikanda was there

Darius Rush was there

McClendon Curtis

Andrew Voorhees

and we take Bradlee Anae Part 2
Let me guess, you wanted to draft Adetomiwa Adebawore in the early rounds because he ran a 4.49 forty at 282 pounds...

Golston played DT in 2022.

Parsons is likely going to play more LB in 2023 like he did in 2021.

Fehoko is 6-4, 276. They might be planning to play him inside.

How is Fehoko similar to Anae other than both have Pacific Islander type heritage?

Reaction score
We needed a future LG a RB and we draft a guy who won't see the field.

Armstrong
Lawrence
S.Williams
Fowler
Golston

And Parsons

Israel Abanikanda was there

Darius Rush was there

McClendon Curtis

Andrew Voorhees

and we take Bradlee Anae Part 2
Voorhees just had ACL surgery so it's highly unlikely he would contribute this season.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Shows very little off the Edge. No twitch, no explosion.

Allegedly the team thinks they can bulk him up and play 3Tech.

Like a few of our picks it feels like the Cowboys were a round too early. A lot of solid players were on the board. Not a fan of this draft. Not awful players but awful assessment of value.

Pricedog

Reaction score
Like a few of our picks it feels like the Cowboys were a round too early. A lot of solid players were on the board. Not a fan of this draft. Not awful players but awful assessment of value.
This is fair. But I also don't believe any of our picks would have been available at the bottom of the next round.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This is fair. But I also don't believe any of our picks would have been available at the bottom of the next round.
That’s what trading up or down is for. The Cowboys struggle with this aspect. Huge improvements on identifying players but they don’t do well in draft day maneuvering.

Pricedog

Reaction score
That’s what trading up or down is for. The Cowboys struggle with this aspect. Huge improvements on identifying players but they don’t do well in draft day maneuvering.
Don't disagree. I would have traded back in the 1st and 2nd rounds. I think they might have missed out on both selected players, but so what. Neither are 'have to have them' type prospects.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
And yet they are consistently one of the best teams when drafting.

RonWashington

Reaction score
2023 isn’t the franchise tag RB and FA Ronald Jones plus Malik Davis and camp invites got the backfield covered . Only so many touches in a game . I’m more concerned about a lack of an OL in first three rounds .

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
And yet they are consistently one of the best teams when drafting.
They have as many misses as they have hits. They also sit out free agency so their draft picks have more opportunities.

The Fan Boy crowd just likes to point out draft successes as proof and draft failures as no big deal “happens to all teams”. You can spin anything if you leave out the facts that don’t support your argument.

Gaede

Reaction score
This is actually one of the picks I like. It's the second and third round picks that are dumb

Gaede

Reaction score
They have as many misses as they have hits. They also sit out free agency so their draft picks have more opportunities.

The Fan Boy crowd just likes to point out draft successes as proof and draft failures as no big deal “happens to all teams”. You can spin anything if you leave out the facts that don’t support your argument.
Exactly.

You can't actually point at this team and think they're infallible. Kelvin Joseph, Nahshon Wright--these are super recent misses caused by this team's desire to reach for need and/or traits