4th Round Pick was Stupid!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
giphy.gif
:flagwave:

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Google: Dallas Cowboys last Super Bowl appearance.
Guess what.. They could have taken everyone that would have warmed your heart and they still wouldn’t be any closer Has nothing to do with how this team drafts.

Prossman

Reaction score
in any draft if you can get 2 of your top 3 draft picks to start for you , thats a big win. 4-7 are developmental.guys. if any of them start its a HUGE bonus. Tyron smith came here at 279 lbs but a couple of years he was 325 and ripped. Fehoko has the frame to do the same thing. This kid could be a monster for us very quickly.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We needed a future LG a RB and we draft a guy who won't see the field.

Armstrong
Lawrence
S.Williams
Fowler
Golston

And Parsons

Israel Abanikanda was there

Darius Rush was there

McClendon Curtis

Andrew Voorhees

and we take Bradlee Anae Part 2
I've noticed they are looking for certain kinds of characters.. Like, personality-wise. So, there's that. I think they are building around some players. And also trying to retool he identity they want to build around, scheme-wise, personnel-wise.

It's been interesting.

I actually think they did a good job at making it a hindsight draft. Like, I feel like we'll look back and see many were wrong that this was a bad draft. Coaching matters.

As far as Fehoko, I think he may be my favorite pick actually.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It is concerning that through 4 rounds, the team has not addressed either the OL or RB position!
We addressed the running game by adding Schoonmaker. As for RB personnel we're probably OK with Malik and/or RoJo....especially with better blocking in front.
Yep about OL, but we obviously didn't like what was available ...we had the option Torrence or Schoon, we preferred the latter.
Pick the best of a bad group, but you end up with Connor or McGovern. We must be settled with either Tyler at Guard or even spending to get Risner.
On that point it's conceivable that we were only high on Avila and when he went early, we preferred those options outside the draft.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Why does it have to be POWER running.

I would imagine with Pollard, Deuce and one of the other backs they can get a run game going and or do more short passes to the RB
Exactly. It’s not going to be power running. The Coryell theory behind Kellen and Jason called for a Chuck Muncie back running behind man blocking in order to theoretically lead to play action affecting the deep coverage etc.
McCarthy spoke specifically about changing the run (he was clumsy about it but that was the theme). He wants the more lateral movement, misdirection, and intricate strategy that the Niners have from the original WCO. I would say Schoonmaker factors in since Harbaugh ran that offense as well.

tm1119

Reaction score
They really are delusional if they think this Oline will hold up. Wow!!!
Mehh I’m really not that worried about the o-line. The only questionable spot is backup LG, most teams are in the same spot. We will just need to get average play out of Edoga/Farniok/Richards for the 4-6 games Tyron will miss…that’s not that far fetched at all

Gambit

Reaction score
NO I love Deuce. But you cant really think they are going to be a power running team with Pollard and Deuce and a worse Oline than las year?
Did anyone say the goal was to be a power running team? I may have missed that.

McCarthy said he wanted to run the ball to rest his D, better situational running can be inferred much more than power running.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Mehh I’m really not that worried about the o-line. The only questionable spot is backup LG, most teams are in the same spot. We will just need to get average play out of Edoga/Farniok/Richards for the 4-6 games Tyron will miss…that’s not that far fetched at all
backup LG? Who is starting at LG? Who is playing RT to begin the season? Who is playing LT once Tyron gets hurt in TC?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Did anyone say the goal was to be a power running team? I may have missed that.

McCarthy said he wanted to run the ball to rest his D, better situational running can be inferred much more than power running.
The word POWER wasnt used, but he made it clear they want to get back to running the football more.

kskboys

Reaction score
Guess what.. They could have taken everyone that would have warmed your heart and they still wouldn’t be any closer Has nothing to do with how this team drafts.
au contraire.

Taco, Escobar, Kelvin, Jaylon, MO, those picks set us back majorly. And then add in the refusal to address key positions, and passing on obvious upgrades to go hollywood.

tm1119

Reaction score
backup LG? Who is starting at LG? Who is playing RT to begin the season? Who is playing LT once Tyron gets hurt in TC?
Answers to your questions in order

Tyler Smith
Terrence Steele
Tyler Smith..just need a fill in at LG for the time Tyron misses

Not that complicated and not a bad situation

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Tyler Smith
Terrence Steele

Steele wont be 100% early on and hes a better than average RT. Nothing special.

Tyron Smith will be hurt one way or anther. Even that oline fully healthy is average at best. We saw that last year.

Its going to turn into a horror show very quickly

Whos playing LT when Tyron gets hurt?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Tyler Smith
Terrence Steele

At some point early in the year this is what the Oline is going to look like:

Ball, Martin, Biadasz, Chung, Tyler

Dak will get killed, the RB's will go nowhere and it will be a SShow.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've noticed they are looking for certain kinds of characters.. Like, personality-wise. So, there's that. I think they are building around some players. And also trying to retool he identity they want to build around, scheme-wise, personnel-wise.
The 49ers were more physical than the Cowboys and pushed them around. This draft was about bringing in tough guys. Physical guys.

You bring up an excellent point.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At some point early in the year this is what the Oline is going to look like:

Ball, Martin, Biadasz, Chung, Tyler

Dak will get killed, the RB's will go nowhere and it will be a SShow.
I'm so saving this post.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
au contraire.

Taco, Escobar, Kelvin, Jaylon, MO, those picks set us back majorly. And then add in the refusal to address key positions, and passing on obvious upgrades to go hollywood.
We’re talking about the players in this draft that were going to magicly make us true Super Bowl contenders.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
We needed a future LG a RB and we draft a guy who won't see the field.

Armstrong
Lawrence
S.Williams
Fowler
Golston

And Parsons

Israel Abanikanda was there

Darius Rush was there

McClendon Curtis

Andrew Voorhees

and we take Bradlee Anae Part 2
Fehoko is ranked #2 against the run in the CFB. Look for him to compete for their 3DT. He is slippery and highly skilled (Vita - is his cousin) and offers LDE help. I wouldn't be surprised if he is starting at DT 3