5 seed in NFC is wrapped up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What the….? Just win whatever games you play period.

If you have to worry about who you play, then you don’t belong……

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I semi-agree. The division is over. Its been that way since we blew that game in Philly. We have 2.5 to make up and philly has only 4 games which will be a challenge for them (@KC, vs BUF, vs SF, @DAL,) Even if they were to
Lose all 4 (doubtful), we would only be able to lose twice for the rest of the season (im not factoring tie breakers bc i highly doubt we only lose two the rest of the way) and we have games at buffalo and miami
Again maybe YOUR team has no shot at the division but my cowboys sure do. This loser mentality is sad

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You and I are on the same page about the seeding. I still want to beat the Lions in the regular season but if we don't win the NFC East then getting that #5 seed and having Detroit get the #1 seed is the best case scenario. That way the Eagles and the 49ers will likely play in the 2nd round and eliminate us from playing one of them.
I don't even put the Eagles in the same boat as the 49ers. There's one team that has our number and that's them. I'm fine with facing the Eagles along the way. Hell I prefer it.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
All of you guys talk about this stretch over the next 3-4 weeks Lolol. You conveniently leave off the the stretch after that

@ buf
@ Mia
Detroit

Even if you somehow catch Philly between now and then, good luck maintaining it through that stretch

I think our only hope is if Philly goes on a 4 game skid which is unlikely.
We would need them to end up 12-5. We have 3 losses all to conference

They would need to lose vs the Chiefs, Bills, and 49ers. I think they go 1-2. If they go 1-3 over their next 4 games I think we win the division. However we still play the Lions, Seahawks and Bills. That Cardinals game is whats really biting us in the behind right now and we lost to them already.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
YOUR cowboys? Lol

You were the same one dissing Troy Aikman to prop up Dak. You’re not a cowboys fan. You’re one of those new fans that inherited the team because we drafted Dak
You’re clearly stuck in a haze of the 1990s. Nostalgia clouding your mind. The numbers showed exactly what happened to your legendary qb as soon as he wasn’t surrounded by HOFers everywhere. Sure didn’t see any “elevation” that you always wanna see from Dak to overcome our team. And naw clown if you know anything about me, I didn’t even like Dak at first, I wanted Romo to have his job back and I didn’t want Dak to be our qb. He won me over by seeing how much he improved his game and his resilience and leadership. Maybe you shouldn’t be so stuck in your own ways and you could evolve your perspective as well.

JBS

Reaction score
How do you know a 6 or 7 won’t win their matchup with a 3 or 2?

Think man!
Good question. 6 and 7 will be Minnesota and Seattle. Neither of those teams are beating sf in sf. Neither of those teams are winning at Philly either. So that leaves @ Detroit. Which is definitely possible. Even more reason we need Detroit to be the 1 seed.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I don't even put the Eagles in the same boat as the 49ers. There's one team that has our number and that's them. I'm fine with facing the Eagles along the way. Hell I prefer it.
Me to. Sometimes teams just don't match up well against other teams. We don't match up well against the 49ers. I would rather we play Philly than the 49ers.

JBS

Reaction score
Stop looking at the order of the games and just look at the matchups.

Dallas gained a game on Philly with the Jets, but we (almost certainly) lost it back with the Cardinals.
If the Chiefs beat Philly tonight, that puts us one up (we beat the Chargers).
If the 49ers beat Philly, that keeps us one up.
Obviously, we have to beat them when they come to Dallas.
Then it comes down to BUF, MIA, SEA and DET. We just have to play them even over those games (and not fall on our faces against WAS). Doesn't help that the Eagles already won two of them, obviously.

The problem is that they probably win the tiebreaker, so we have to beat them outright, which is out of the Cowboys' control. If the Eagles beat SF and/or KC, well, they'll win the division and they'll deserve it.
Yes. So you just broke down everything that I already said. We aren’t winning the division. Good work.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Am I the only one that wants to see the Niners in the playoffs? If we can't hang, we can't hang. Why is the truth so scary if it could be a negative result?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You’re clearly stuck in a haze of the 1990s. Nostalgia clouding your mind. The numbers showed exactly what happened to your legendary qb as soon as he wasn’t surrounded by HOFers everywhere. Sure didn’t see any “elevation” that you always wanna see from Dak to overcome our team. And naw clown if you know anything about me, I didn’t even like Dak at first, I wanted Romo to have his job back and I didn’t want Dak to be our qb. He won me over by seeing how much he improved his game and his resilience and leadership. Maybe you shouldn’t be so stuck in your own ways and you could evolve your perspective as well.
You were 1, 2, and 5 years old when those teams won those chips. Sorry but this isnt your wheelhouse.

You had the nerve to say Troy had all those HOFers around him, like Dak hasnt played w future HOFers.

Dak has had two future hall of famers on his OL since hes been in the league. Witten is going to the hall. Barring health, micah is going to the hall. Yet this dude still cant win in the playoffs.

But yea keep rooting for his “leadership” while he sinks this team every single time in the playoffs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Am I the only one that wants to see the Niners in the playoffs? If we can't hang, we can't hang. Why is the truth so scary if it could be a negative result?
The issue isn't seeing them. At some point you WILL have to see them. I'd just rather see them in the NFC Championship game as opposed to earlier.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
YOUR cowboys? Lol

You were the same one dissing Troy Aikman to prop up Dak. You’re not a cowboys fan. You’re one of those new fans that inherited the team because we drafted Dak
I highly doubt this Cowboys team inherited new fans in 2016 lol. Typically bandwagon fans hop off the bandwagon long before 7 years lol.

unsportsmanlikeconduct

Reaction score
So, if the Cowboys lose the next 7 games and finish 7-10 they will be the #5 seed. Good to know. Rest starters now. sarcasm

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You dont think a lot of this fanbase are more Dak fans than fans of the team?
Hell no lol. Dak came out of nowhere. Maybe some Mississippi State fans came along but I mean this isn't like Trevor Lawrence or Caleb Williams. Dak did not have great fanfare before coming here.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Cowboys won’t win the division. The 5 seed is basically wrapped up.

Looking ahead, best case scenario is lions get the 1 seed.

It’s literally better for us to lose to Detroit in the regular season if it helps them get the 1 seed

@nfc south winner followed by @detroit is by far best case scenario for our playoff road

These regular season games are borderline meaningless for us
Of course scaring all future schedule teams by dominating opponents along the way is a strategy to consider, too...

Praxit

Reaction score
..in that case. Can I have the Lotto numbers for the week?

Status
Not open for further replies.