5 seed in NFC is wrapped up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
It’s not wrapped up. Seattle Seahawks are a game back and own the tiebreaker if they beat us. I think we are overwhelming favorites for the 5 seed but it’s certainly not a wrap.

If we beat Washington and Seattle I’ll agree that 5 seed is ours and we can focus on winning the division.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
We’re 2 games out with 7 games left.

It’s totally possible to still win the NFCE if we beat Philly in a few weeks.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
All of you guys talk about this stretch over the next 3-4 weeks Lolol. You conveniently leave off the the stretch after that

@ buf
@ Mia
Detroit

Even if you somehow catch Philly between now and then, good luck maintaining it through that stretch
People who think they can accurately predict multiple games in advance are either delusional or millionaires. You can make a lot of money knowing the future so unclear why you’re spending time here instead of booking your flights to Vegas

JBS

Reaction score
People who think they can accurately predict multiple games in advance are either delusional or millionaires. You can make a lot of money knowing the future so unclear why you’re spending time here instead of booking your flights to Vegas
Since you know so much about implied probability you would know that the odds of Dallas winning the division are slim. Which is what the original posts claims. Good to know we are in agreement. But maybe you aren’t as smart as you think you are.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
No way in Hell am I conceding the division or let alone playoff seeding in Week 11.

The NFL is a strange lady and there are many variables that can affect the final outcome. The injury prone Niners could lose key people or miss a big kick. The Eagles could get embarrassed 3 out of their next 4 games. We could keep rolling like a machine. The Lions have a ton of division games left, and could drop a few of those.

I remember a Dallas team in 2011 that had the playoffs all but locked up but dropped 4 out of their last 5.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
All of you guys talk about this stretch over the next 3-4 weeks Lolol. You conveniently leave off the the stretch after that

@ buf
@ Mia
Detroit

Even if you somehow catch Philly between now and then, good luck maintaining it through that stretch
Buffalo is not very good, Miami can't beat good teams, and Detroit barely beat Chicago

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yes. I’m taking the slim chances and running w that. Which is what you told me to do. Derrrr
You: definitive statement
You: I didn’t make a definitive statement
You: Other people are dumb for reading my posts.

Finally something we can all agree on

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since you know so much about implied probability you would know that the odds of Dallas winning the division are slim. Which is what the original posts claims. Good to know we are in agreement. But maybe you aren’t as smart as you think you are.
DVOA has the Cowboys' chances of winning the division, going into tonight's game, at 27.4%. Obviously, they'll go way up or way down depending on tonight's outcome. But 27% just isn't so slim that you can discount it. And if the Chiefs win tonight, they'll be a heckuva lot more than slim.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We match up best against Philly. We’ve been getting owned by San Fran every year, and we have no idea about Detroit. Best path to Super Bowl is NFC South, Philly, whoever is left.

Eddie

Reaction score
There's a good chance that both Dallas and Philly will have the same record by the time we play again.

Never play to lose.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
As fans this is what we do but that doesn't mean the team doesn't belong because that's what us fans do.
to each his own.... just that the team itself should never lose a game for any reason, whether it be for a better position by means of whom they play, or for better draft pick. just not good philosophy. I would rather we just play who falls in our laps and win those games, if you cant win, then so be it. just like I would rather we play an opponent at full strength rather than be happy a player is injured.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Cowboys won’t win the division. The 5 seed is basically wrapped up.

Looking ahead, best case scenario is lions get the 1 seed.

It’s literally better for us to lose to Detroit in the regular season if it helps them get the 1 seed

@nfc south winner followed by @detroit is by far best case scenario for our playoff road

These regular season games are borderline meaningless for us
Why is the division out of reach? If the Eagles lose another game and the Cowboys beat them, they will be tied with a few games to go.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

@ buf
@ Mia
Detroit

Eagles have at KC, at Dallas, SFO, at Seattle and Buf on the next 5 weeks, that is more difficult then our schedule ahead. Not scared of Buffalo, nor playing Detroit at home. Miami is the one game that is a toss up, but they also have struggled against top competition.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Eagles have at KC, at Dallas, SFO, at Seattle and Buf on the next 5 weeks, that is more difficult then our schedule ahead. Not scared of Buffalo, nor playing Detroit at home. Miami is the one game that is a toss up, but they also have struggled against top competition.
Agreed except I think Buffalo is the scariest game left just due to the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.