50 Execs, Coaches, Players rank the best RB's

aria

Reaction score
Slot of his negative runs are from running outside his lanes. If he just put his head down he would gain 3-5 but instead he bounces out and loses 2-5
I agree, sometimes Barkley has a tendency bounce too much but most of the time it’s because he has no room to run.

What’s zeke’s excuse for not making people miss when he has room and instead of gaining 5-10 extra yards or more, he runs right into them for 2-3?

DFWJC

Reaction score
IN 2017, losing Tyron was a bigger deal than losing Zeke.

0-2 w/o Z w/o T
3-1 w/o Z with T

0-1 w Z w/o T Seattle, first game back for Zeke, for a chance at the playoffs

Hard to argue Zeke was making a big positive difference in 2017 after controlling for whether Tyron was playing. And that's *Morris*, a washed up back.

Tyron was the guy who mattered, not Zeke.
Those were some the worst stretches of offensive football in Dallas Cowboys history .
We set a few Cowboys records on the down side.

I mentioned Stafford as an example in another thread. No good run game or offensive line (the biggest friends to a QB) has been the norm pretty much his entire career.
We get that for a few games and fall apart.

I will say this, I think Dak 2019 was much improved from Dak 2017. Just WAY better. But in 2017, he and the offense had some truly awful stretches.

aria

Reaction score
Maybe. I like to look at the totality of everything involved and still acknowledge I don't know the whole story.

Or we can just simplify things. That's always easier.
Big players make big plays in big games, zeke doesn’t nearly as much as should for someone who claims to be the best.

Last season he had 4 games with less than 50 yards behind the 2nd best run blocking line in the league. One of those teams was to get into the playoffs and a divisional rival, the other two were against playoff teams, the last one was Detroit. You could even throw in his performance against the Giants at 53 yards as pathetic. So we have the alleged best running back in the league showing up for 2/3rds of the season almost all against scrub teams.

We don’t need another Romo at running back who has a few pretty stats and nothing to show for it.

aria

Reaction score
You're doing it again. Russell Wilson completion rate was 49% from inside the 20 and Dak's was 52%.....I get what you're trying to do but you've shown when it comes to Dak you have no boundaries and will manipulate the numbers to fit your agenda.

So you are blaming Zeke for Anderson running all over our defense and giving Anderson credit for running all over us even though he was cut the following season and he's out the league?

What do you mean? In his 3rd year Zeke started off slow like he always does and got on towards the end.....what excuse was even needed?

Alright I guess. If you want to have amnesia about how that 2017 season went where he had a suspension over his head all year then so be it. But like I said its funny how you guys pick and chose how you guys will defend Dak by bringing up how crappy of a coach Garrett was....Zeke's flaws are always just on him.
I’m saying a guy who was cut the following year outplayed the alleged best running back in the league according to some. What’s the excuse for Zeke getting a paltry 47 yards, last I checked our defense had nothing to do with his total yards?

In his 3rd year he got Amari half way through the season, are you even listening to yourself? I think the excuses are building up so much that you’re confusing yourself (no offense).

I love the ‘ole “suspension hanging over his head excuse”. Lol, it bothered him so much that he still couldn’t stay out of trouble before, during or after his suspension. It effected him so much and he tried to keep such a low profile that his doppelganger went to a St Pattys Day Parade and pulled up a woman's shirt while he was being investigated for domestic violence. Then an ewok, who people mistook for zeke, knocked out a DJ at a nightclub. Oddly enough, then people confused zeke for an ewok when he bullied a security guard and tried to fight another DJ in Vegas. Poor guy, you could tell what a toll it took on him.

conner01

Reaction score
Big players make big plays in big games, zeke doesn’t nearly as much as should for someone who claims to be the best.

Last season he had 4 games with less than 50 yards behind the 2nd best run blocking line in the league. One of those teams was to get into the playoffs and a divisional rival, the other two were against playoff teams, the last one was Detroit. You could even throw in his performance against the Giants at 53 yards as pathetic. So we have the alleged best running back in the league showing up for 2/3rds of the season almost all against scrub teams.

We don’t need another Romo at running back who has a few pretty stats and nothing to show for it.
What big games has barclay made a play in

aria

Reaction score
What big games has barclay made a play in
Zero, because his team sucks and he’s never had a chance. Kinda hard to play in a big game when the team has won ~8 games in two years. I know where you’re going with this and it won’t get you very far. I also don’t recall Barkley being the diva zeke is, we’ll see if he sits out with two years left and won’t return to his team until he’s paid as the highest RB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are getting lost in the discussion not me. I never said you said Dak sucks. What I'm saying is that anytime Dak has a bad game we justify it. We blame it on crappy coaching from Garrett. We all talk about how bad Garrett is when its time to defend Dak. But you aren't doing the same with Zeke. Are you not capable of having a conversation with more than one subject at hand?

Don't include me in the WE part I have no problem saying Dak had a bad game. Its the "we lost because of Dak" nonsense that Im not down with.

What am I not doing with Zeke? You started out this conversation by saying that the niners probably win the SB if Zeke was their RB. I pretty much showed you that wasn't the case at all. Leading up to the SB and then even in the SB running wasn't the issue for SF.

However, instead of saying………..yah, actually you are right. I didn't remember what Moster did in the playoffs and then didn't know the niners ran for 130 yards rushing in the SB.

Instead you just alter the subject and start talking about Zeke compared to Moster ONLY and then Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans forget than unlike Elite QB’s, Elite RB’s can be on and produce for the worst teams.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

There will always be someone you can look at that in a game.
Anyways. I'm out. Have a great evening.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Dumb *** poll and post. Zeke is the best RB in the league. Barkley hasn’t done ****, yet

aria

Reaction score
Dumb *** poll and post. Zeke is the best RB in the league. Barkley hasn’t done ****, yet
Spoken like a true homer who lives in a Cowboys bubble, is unaware there are 31 other teams in the league and can’t see through their blue shaded glasses. You’re “tone” seems very angry as well, does it bother you that not everyone thinks zeke is the best because they actually watch football or aren’t all Cowboys fans?

Thank you for your contribution, obviously you read right over the several all time rookie records Barkley already set or tied behind the 5th worst O line but you’re right, he hasn’t done anything because he didn’t get the most rushing yards in a single season by having the most carries and being behind one of the best O lines in the league :rolleyes:

Proof

Reaction score
I have "bad arguments" because I don't agree with you. I also don't have to agree with people so they can be my friend because I don't care about none of you dudes on here lol. Most of y'all are either children or boomer's anyway.

Nah. Because you argue straw men, ignore logic and hold fast.

ie thinking it’s impressive what Barkley did behind a bad line meaning zeke or Henry couldn’t.

and just bad takes like total yards trumps ypc when carries are semi comparable. (Hint not small sample size like Felix )

snd lastky thinking because you’re arguments suck it’s because we want to be friends

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don't include me in the WE part I have no problem saying Dak had a bad game. Its the "we lost because of Dak" nonsense that Im not down with.

What am I not doing with Zeke? You started out this conversation by saying that the niners probably win the SB if Zeke was their RB. I pretty much showed you that wasn't the case at all. Leading up to the SB and then even in the SB running wasn't the issue for SF.

However, instead of saying………..yah, actually you are right. I didn't remember what Moster did in the playoffs and then didn't know the niners ran for 130 yards rushing in the SB.

Instead you just alter the subject and start talking about Zeke compared to Moster ONLY and then Dak.
You keep talking about what Mosert did through the playoffs. I did not say anything about the playoffs I said in the Super bowl if the 49ers had Zeke they'd win. BTW, Mozart had 57 of that 130 yards......