50 Execs, Coaches, Players rank the best RB's

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Again...……...Niners use a RB by committee and go with the hot hand. The RB by committee had 130 yards.

Lets move on as you have failed to make a valid point and we are just going around in circles.

Niners lost because of the passing game, not the run game.
You are the one arguing a opinion. There is nothing that says Zeke wouldn't have had more than 100 yards against the Chiefs. Nothing. You have your stance I have mine. Your argument is its a RB my committee...ok...but that doesn't mean Zeke wouldn't have outplayed Mostert just because its a RB committee....your opinion stems for your hatred of Zeke. My opinion is Zeke is 10x's the player Mostert is. I don't have that same hatred you do for Zeke and that's fine.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The guy has a point

You can question his explosiveness which has been done on this board but to question his power makes me think the person speaking doesn't really watch him play.

I'll gladly pay to see that person stand in front of Zeke and see what happens.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You can question his explosiveness which has been done on this board but to question his power makes me think the person speaking doesn't really watch him play.

I'll gladly pay to see that person stand in front of Zeke and see what happens.
Zeke used to break tackles with his strength, which he's comparing Zeke old strength to his current strength. Zeke doesn't break tackles anymore at a high rate, so I'm thinking the guy watches Zeke without any bias'

aria

Reaction score
How are you my friend. Hope the family is safe dealing with the pandemic. Zeke’ s issue is he got fat and decided to live like he was untouchable. His rookie season he was basically Barkley with a great offensive line. Barkley’s line will be much better this year with Garrett coaching the offense. I question whether Saquon can hold up running into 9 man fronts when his coach has no creativity. CMC all day everyday.
Guess I’m doing pretty good, been under mandatory quarantine from work so I’ve had over a weeks paid vacation but that probably ends Sunday depending on test results today.

Not to get side tracked, hope you’re doing good as well! I couldn’t agree with you more, especially CMC, an offensive swiss army knife. I question whether any RB can hold up under that O line, I know the Giants tried to address it a bit in the draft but they’ve been allegedly addressing it for years and they still have a lot of holes on that line and not in a good way. Lucky for us, unlucky for SB, they have an incompetent GM.

Have a great weekend!

aria

Reaction score
Ok. Like I can't argue against what would or wouldn't have happened because it didn't. There's no proof he wouldn't have had 100 yards in the Super Bowl and there's proof he would've. Its just my belief he's a better player than anyone on that 49ers offense.
Well I’m using actual stats of our O line vs the 49’ers O line and using actual stats of zeke’s “production”, if you can call it that, against two teams he faced last year and the same two teams the 49’ers faced in the playoffs.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Zeke used to break tackles with his strength, which he's comparing Zeke old strength to his current strength. Zeke doesn't break tackles anymore at a high rate, so I'm thinking the guy watches Zeke without any bias'
I respectfully disagree. He moves piles & one guy hardly ever gets him down & certainly never drives him backwards (if Zeke is moving upfield). Multiple defenders have said that Zeke is the hardest hitting RB they have ever faced. If anything, i would say that Zeke has learned when not to go all out when its not necessary. When the situation calls for it, he sticks his head in there & plows.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. He moves piles & one guy hardly ever gets him down & certainly never drives him backwards (if Zeke is moving upfield). Multiple defenders have said that Zeke is the hardest hitting RB they have ever faced. If anything, i would say that Zeke has learned when not to go all out when its not necessary. When the situation calls for it, he sticks his head in there & plows.

Does he get driven backwards? No. Hardly any RB does, does Zeke get taken down by the first defender at a very high rate? Yes. The hardly ever statement is incorrect.

As far as moving piles, you should read the article @aria linked earlier in the thread from fivethirtyeight.com. He moves piles at an average(of you consider 22nd in the league average) rate.
Dirty yards is what Zeke is known for on this website, stats don't back up the claim though.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Here's the reality when it comes to Zeke.

Is he in contention as the best RB? No. He hasn't been for three years now.
Is he a good back that a few of us probably don't value enough? In all likelihood, yeah.

How you view him comes down to what you value in an RB

I focus on things that help the team win, such as efficiency, ability as a receiver(because RB receptions are worth nearly 2.2x more than an RB carry according to analytics), ability to convert in high leverage situations, and the RB creating on his own instead of what is given to him. Zeke is average to bad in all of those areas.

If you focus on durability(which doesn't help win games with the RB position) and volume stats(also doesnt help win games) then you will undoubtably have Zeke ranked high. Pass protection does help you win games too, and we think he is good at pass protection, but also we can't be sure because from what I've seen there hasnt been a study of that compared to his peers.

Also some of us might let our knowledge of knowing RBs have such little impact on the game skew our perception of Zeke against his peers as well.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Does he get driven backwards? No. Hardly any RB does, does Zeke get taken down by the first defender at a very high rate? Yes. The hardly ever statement is incorrect.

As far as moving piles, you should read the article @aria linked earlier in the thread from fivethirtyeight.com. He moves piles at an average(of you consider 22nd in the league average) rate.
Dirty yards is what Zeke is known for on this website, stats don't back up the claim though.
I swear, at least 80% of people who respond in these threads just jump in and make claims without even having read the whole thread.

I’ve posted the same articles in this thread, and several others, and I still have some of the same people arguing with me over the same things I proved them wrong with in the links I’ve already provided them with in the past. Either they don’t even click on them, don’t believe them or refuse to acknowledge them. It’s like groundhog day with zeke lovers.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ezekiel-elliott-is-not-worth-the-money-he-wants/

glimmerman

Reaction score
Elliot needs to get it together. He is gonna screw it all up with his off field stuff. He is still young but if he don’t start working hard then we will see him go down hill before he even starts his new contract. I still think he can get it done on the field but he better show up to camps in shape.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I swear, at least 80% of people who respond in these threads just jump in and make claims without even having read the whole thread.

I’ve posted the same articles in this thread, and several others, and I still have some of the same people arguing with me over the same things I proved them wrong with in the links I’ve already provided them with in the past. Either they don’t even click on them, don’t believe them or refuse to acknowledge them. It’s like groundhog day with zeke lovers.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ezekiel-elliott-is-not-worth-the-money-he-wants/

McKDaddy is a good poster. I guarantee the reason he hasn't responded yet is because he is reading the article right now and I think he will come away with a slightly different perception of Zeke.

I won't go as far to say he will now take the position you and I have, but I think he will read at face value.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Judging on his personality I would have him bottom of the list with Mixon. Taking into consideration everything else, as a player I would have him around the 5-7 area at best.

This is why nobody takes you seriously.

aria

Reaction score
This is why nobody takes you seriously.
Because I made a distinction between his personality and a player? Lol, ok. Even a lot of his fans admit they don’t like his personality but aren’t as vocal as I am about it.

I also use stats to support most of my claims of him as a player so I guess people don’t take stats seriously either unless it’s total yards :rolleyes:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Let’s see what he does on the field this year. Already seen what he done this offseason. So far not impressed. I am wondering is the people that made the list take into account the off field or were they only looking at his on field work.

There was the dip in his second year for the suspension. But ran well that year despite the suspension. Last year he didn’t look as balanced and because of the Cabo hold out it took him many games to get into shape. I don’t like him holding out 2 years early. But I understand the short life of a RB.

He has been paid so I want to see if he is going to half step now or get dirty. This is a big year for us. New staff. I don’t think MM is going to put up with a lot of BS. And I wonder if this year we see him on the field for a few series during preseason. I don’t think he has taken a snap during preseason except his rookie year debut against the seahags when Romo got hurt.

If he ain’t careful we will dump his contract as soon as we can. And I don’t think it starts till after this year. Maybe Pollard will push him..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well I’m using actual stats of our O line vs the 49’ers O line and using actual stats of zeke’s “production”, if you can call it that, against two teams he faced last year and the same two teams the 49’ers faced in the playoffs.
That's silly though. That had no reflection on how he would've performed against the 49ers. I'm not sure why you think the Cowboys offensive line is that much better than the 49ers...

McKDaddy

Reaction score

Ok, i confess in this case i did not read the article so you have a fair point and one i have made to others so my bad. I am crazy busy right now but will try to circle back and let you know my thoughts after.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
McKDaddy is a good poster. I guarantee the reason he hasn't responded yet is because he is reading the article right now and I think he will come away with a slightly different perception of Zeke.

I won't go as far to say he will now take the position you and I have, but I think he will read at face value.
thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt!! i didn't read the article but will try to when i have a moment.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Lol notice how this was from October of 2018.

Most total yards after contact while leading the league in rushing attempts by a landslide. NO WAY SO IMPRESSIVE!?!?!? Lmao

Only 11th in broken tackles despite having the 2nd most touches is very very bad.
Notice how you have to go back to 2018 to find a Dak-led comeback...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Notice how you have to go back to 2018 to find a Dak-led comeback...
Notice how Dak actually did lead a comeback in 2019 against the Vikings taking us all the way down the field.... then Zeke happened LMAO

Checkmate

And notice how even without one last season, he is 2nd in that category since he entered the league :lmao:

Sit this one out little buddy, you're punching above your weight class.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
That's silly though. That had no reflection on how he would've performed against the 49ers. I'm not sure why you think the Cowboys offensive line is that much better than the 49ers...
Because I use stats, just like the people who use total yards to say zeke is better than everyone else but these stats are much more comprehensive.

I wasn’t talking about how he would perform against the 49’ers, I was talking about how he would perform with the 49’ers.