50+ minutes of Dak winning games in the clutch

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agreed, our D was not the reason we lost the game , it was squarely on offense.
You can put it squarely on the offense but not squarely on Prescott I think that's the point people are missing here his offensive line and run game and the play caller the schemes the skill players outside of CD Lam were all bad you want him to be better then the whole when that doesn't how it works you have to have your offensive line working the last three playoff games that has not happened we have not had a great offensive line we have not had a physical offensive line that open holes and established a run game so sure put the loss on the offense even though the defense still gave up a couple long drives with the run game and trevon diggs didn't make the best of two opportunities that could have changed the game sure go ahead put it on the offense I'll agree for the most part but don't put it on Prescott alone no way no how will that fly I watched the game I saw how it unfolded there was no continuity on offense and it started up front and then once the 49ers defense knew they can stand up and push back our OL, for the second straight year stop the run dirty the pocket and play Max coverage they can easily stop our offense as a whole nothing to do wait just "Prescott"

Momanpr100

Reaction score
People sure do love that famous Hail Mary from a certain Cowboys player back in the day, I bet they consider that a great comeback and throw. But it was just a great play on the ball by Pearson in reality.

DonaldM

Reaction score
He will never win one until he does. It's happening this year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Play-off wins, a SB appearance and 9 Pro-Bowls give him somewhat of an edge.oh and he had 6 post season games with a rating over 90.
Throwing stat's at one another proves nothing, especially comparing players from different era's.
Yet, you chimed in and brought up Dan Marino, didn't you? All to discredit Dak, am I right? As for those playoff wins and SB appearance, that is more a team accomplishment than an individual accomplishment. Since you also just now brought up 6 of Marino's playoff games were where he threw for a 90+ passer rating, well, I can do the same thing for Dak:

Dak Prescott has a passer rating of 92.3 with 1,559 yards, 11 touchdowns and 5 interceptions in 6 games in the playoffs in his career.

Out of those 6 playoff games, Dak has thrown for a 90+ passer rating in 3. That's 50% amount of playoff games where Dak has thrown for a passer rate of 90 or above.

Now, let's compare Dan Marino. Marino has had a passer rate of 90 or above in 6 out of 18 career playoff games he played in. That's 30% amount of playoff games where Dan Marino threw for a passer rate of 90 or above.

So, as one can see, Dak Prescott has by far the better % amount of times he has thrown for a 90+ passer rating than Dan Marino. That proves more than just nothing as you stated. Thank you for bringing up Dan Marino. Following the playoff percentages, I would rather take my chances with Dak. So should you since you love to bring up stats, unless it doesn't fit your agenda.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
People sure do love that famous Hail Mary from a certain Cowboys player back in the day, I bet they consider that a great comeback and throw. But it was just a great play on the ball by Pearson in reality.
Drew Pearson clearly pushed the defensive back from behind to get open and make that underthrown Hail Mary catch. Pearson got away with that no-call.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We shouldn't be encouraged by back to back 12 win seasons amirite? We should just give up because we have no chance because Prescott!

You guys are so transparent.
it is ok to be encouraged by that, but also they have lost in a embarrassing way to SF those same two years in a row.
Both games the last play was keystone cops lol, so while the reg season has been very good, the playoffs they have not looked good as a team.
And your boy dak, didnt play well in either game.

I think they will do the same this season, good in season, then self destruct in playoffs/.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jeezum Crow.

First they came for Aikman.
Now they're coming for Staubach.
Let's see the video...

Was the Hail Mary pass not slightly underthrown? Did not Drew Pearson push the defender in the back to get open to catch that pass?

Nobody is throwing shade at Roger Staubach or Drew Pearson. Just properly analyzing what the video clearly shows.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet, you chimed in and brought up Dan Marino, didn't you? All to discredit Dak, am I right? As for those playoff wins and SB appearance, that is more a team accomplishment than an individual accomplishment. Since you also just now brought up 6 of Marino's playoff games were where he threw for a 90+ passer rating, well, I can do the same thing for Dak:

Dak Prescott has a passer rating of 92.3 with 1,559 yards, 11 touchdowns and 5 interceptions in 6 games in the playoffs in his career.

Out of those 6 playoff games, Dak has thrown for a 90+ passer rating in 3. That's 50% amount of playoff games where Dak has thrown for a passer rate of 90 or above.

Now, let's compare Dan Marino. Marino has had a passer rate of 90 or above in 6 out of 18 career playoff games he played in. That's 30% amount of playoff games where Dan Marino threw for a passer rate of 90 or above.

So, as one can see, Dak Prescott has by far the better % amount of times he has thrown for a 90+ passer rating than Dan Marino. That proves more than just nothing as you stated. Thank you for bringing up Dan Marino. Following the playoff percentages, I would rather take my chances with Dak. So should you since you love to bring up stats, unless it doesn't fit your agenda.
So you don't use other players to prop up Dak? Same coin just the other side.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see the video...

Was the Hail Mary pass not slightly underthrown? Did not Drew Pearson push the defender in the back to get open to catch that pass?

Nobody is throwing shade at Roger Staubach or Drew Pearson. Just properly analyzing what the video clearly shows.

I LOVED that fake throw toward the opposite side. NICE! Good job Roger!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it is ok to be encouraged by that, but also they have lost in a embarrassing way to SF those same two years in a row.
Both games the last play was keystone cops lol, so while the reg season has been very good, the playoffs they have not looked good as a team.
And your boy dak, didnt play well in either game.

I think they will do the same this season, good in season, then self destruct in playoffs/.
Two embarrassing plays to end the years. Wicked.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak’s “clutch” was basically a game manager when Zeke and the OL would wear down the defense and Linehan simplified the offense for him. The first two years of Dak being “down” to start the 4th, the “down” could only be 1 point, with the Cowboys winning the game, was all basically accrued in his first three years. Even his playoff won in Seattle, that was basically Zeke dominating the 4th and Dak was pretty bad the last drive and all he did was ran a wide open QB draw called by Linehan, where his own OL had nobody to block until about 7 yards down and he wasn’t touched.

In 2019, Dak didn’t even win a game when down at halftime.

Because the same Cowboys team that set records for fourth-quarter comebacks in 2016-18 has not won a game all season in which it trailed at halftime. The Cowboys are 7-0 when leading at halftime, but fell to 0-8 last week when trailing at the half.

“That’s crazy, we’re 0-8?” Gallup told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday when hearing the split. “We’ve been playing hard in the second half. We’ve been playing good ball in the second half. … That’s tough. That’s tough.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ieving-cowboys-second-half-record/2755397001/

The more responsibility you give this man, the more he chokes and looks like one of the worst QBs in the league.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak’s “clutch” was basically a game manager when Zeke and the OL would wear down the defense and Linehan simplified the offense for him.

Yeah, with a season long injured Oline, a over-the-hill slow Zeke, and only a legit WR around him. Ironic how you left such important context out.

khiladi

Reaction score
No. Just telling the whole story. Something you haters intentionally refuse to tell.

I just gave context to the “clutch”. In 2019, when everybody was healthy, Dallas couldn’t win a game when down by half-time. As usual, Dak went through his annual “slump” of absolute horrid football play and garbage third-down play.

With Moore and an offense that requires the QB to take on more responsibility and not just manage the game with a top-tier OL and RG and a simplified offense with Linehan, he’s been mediocre and average at best.

He’s simply a paper-tiger whose peaked. It is what it is.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dak’s “clutch” was basically a game manager when Zeke and the OL would wear down the defense and Linehan simplified the offense for him. The first two years of Dak being “down” to start the 4th, the “down” could only be 1 point, with the Cowboys winning the game, was all basically accrued in his first three years. Even his playoff won in Seattle, that was basically Zeke dominating the 4th and Dak was pretty bad the last drive and all he did was ran a wide open QB draw called by Linehan, where his own OL had nobody to block until about 7 yards down and he wasn’t touched.

In 2019, Dak didn’t even win a game when down at halftime.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ieving-cowboys-second-half-record/2755397001/

The more responsibility you give this man, the more he chokes and looks like one of the worst QBs in the league.

Well, you certainly have been pushing t his same narrative since 2019. Of course, 25 mins of the OP is from after 2019 so I guess it didn't stick.

I really like that cherry picked 2022 game as if the Cowboys were not quite good on 3rd down last year.