50+ minutes of Dak winning games in the clutch

Trendnet

Reaction score
Yeah that's ironic because I've watched Troy Aikman do that his whole career.... seriously his entire career especially in the playoffs all he did is dink and dunk the ball down the field with an occasional play action pass to Michael Irvin but they handed the ball off over and over and over with that offensive line and a great play caller great defense and won games. that exact same way..

so now it's all of a sudden a negative because we're talking about Prescott ??

but Troy and Roger did this all the time turn around hand the ball off move the chains with short dump off passes and yet they still both have around 25 touchdowns and 19 interceptions in the playoffs you call that clutch??

or did the team they were surrounded with cover it all up because that's what teams do when you have a great team spelled with capital letters TE AM you literally can win a championship with that type of team same way with Matthew Stafford having 20 turnovers, two in the Super bowl and somehow they walked away with the Lombardi.

People just keep just wanting to gloss over the fact that most of the greats had great teams and great coaches and they had all moments just like that where at the end of a game they salted it away with a great run game you know with Emmett Smith, Tony Dorsett, many players like that with offensive lines that were out of this world good that actually showed up in the playoffs,

unlike ours we've had no run game and no offensive line physicality against the better defenses in the last three losses in the playoffs.
that's a fact and if you don't call clutch what Prescott did is rookie year against Green Bay where multiple times he had to come back and tie the game or take the lead only to have his defense **** the bed??? That Seattle game the way Prescott won it is a microcosm of how Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach won games they leaned on the run game they salted games away that's a fact you reply with anything other than that it makes you look like a troll that's why people call some people haters because they don't wanna bring in scenarios with context that lots of quarterbacks win this way.

So let's keep it real we've seen other players like Peyton Manning start out their playoff careers three and six make mistakes we've even seen Peyton Manning get basically carried in the playoffs in Denver had some pretty bad stat games and still won it's the same way that like say Brady when he played a horrible NFC championship game and threw three interceptions and they still won the game that is why again it's a team game. So let's get over it the more you argue about this the more it makes you look like a troll and a hater because we can go back and spend hours breaking down film on some of the best quarterbacks in history have games just like that Seattle game or have games where they don't win because the rest of the team wasn't there to pick them up.
Dak Prescott 4th QTR stat line for that game was 1 of 7 for 27 yards and an Interception. The Aikman, Brady and Manning comparisons are apt. They probably wished they had that kind of 4th quarter stat line. Clutch.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well, you certainly have been pushing t his same narrative since 2019. Of course, 25 mins of the OP is from after 2019 so I guess it didn't stick.

I really like that cherry picked 2022 game as if the Cowboys were not quite good on 3rd down last year.
How does 25 minutes correlate to what actually happened on the field. They didn’t win a single game in 2019 when down at halftime.

And in 2020, before he broke his leg, his 4th quarter performances with 5 minutes left was actually even worse than Andy Dalton, who didn’t even have a single starting OL on the field.

And he completely choked away as usual these last two years in the playoffs and led the league in INTs while only playing 11 games.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Sure. SF definitely seems to have our number on offense. Does that mean Dak sucks and can never win in the playoffs?
No, I am not one who puts all the blame on dak for games they lose. Teams lose, although sometimes 1 or 2 players can be a big part of why
a team loses.
Coaching always plays a part, and in the wc loss in 21 dak wasnt smart on that last play, but I blame coaches for that.
On that play some players just stood there, and that is on coaching too.
This last game dak was not very good so he played a pivotal role in the loss. And coaching was not great.

So get rid of dak and we still have coaching problems.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
How does 25 minutes correlate to what actually happened on the field. They didn’t win a single game in 2019 when down at halftime.

And in 2020, before he broke his leg, his 4th quarter performances with 5 minutes left was actually even worse than Andy Dalton, who didn’t even have a single starting OL on the field.

And he completely choked away as usual these last two years in the playoffs and led the league in INTs while only playing 11 games.
You are long on generalized assertions and completely devoid of anything to back it up. They indeed were a pretty damn mediocre team in 2019 and Dak's interception rate spiked last year. So what?

And what do you mean how does it correlate to what was on the field? It is gameplay video of him doing what you claim in your assertions he does not. The PFF link is evidence of 4th quarter comebacks you claim don't exist while you handwave at what you are upset about.

There is what is in your head and then there is reality.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dak Prescott 4th QTR stat line for that game was 1 of 7 for 27 yards and an Interception. The Aikman, Brady and Manning comparisons are apt. They probably wished they had that kind of 4th quarter stat line. Clutch.
Aikman only ever had one 4th quarter playoff comeback in his career. That was in 1996 after we won our Lombardis.

What you guys think leads to success is pretty myopic.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really?

How did Marino do during the 10 times he made and played in the playoffs? Dan Marino only had a passer rating above 90 TWICE during his 10 different times he made the playoffs...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MariDa00.htm

Yet, in only 4 times Dak has made and played in the playoffs, so far, Dak has thrown for above 90 passer rating THREE TIMES.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01.htm

That's 75% of the 4 times Dak has played in the playoffs, he has posted a passer rating of 90 or higher. Far superior to Dan Marino's 2 times out of 10 different times he made the playoffs. I would definitely take Dak (75%) over Marino (20%) in the playoffs.

You were saying? ;)
Do you even like football?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure he does. He is just rubbing your face in context and you guys are doing everything in your power to not even entertain the idea.
In case you didn't know....I turned the tables on this alleged "fan". He disrespected me about it...ben a Cowboys fan for 50 YEARS.

But because he and I don;t agree...he has to come at me.

I am okay with disagreement. There is no reason to call into question being fan.

"rubbing my face".....at "you guys".

Do YOU "entertain" the idea of respectful disagreement?

Looks like NOT.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waaaay much better than you. The Cowboys seem to agree with me.
Oh because the likes of YOU...says so? That gets checks for clicks on this website?

You are the one that actually said that is a possibility. So I;d wager since you are the one that thought of it...YOU are the one that trolls everyone with stupid ASININE arguments and keeps the clicks rolling.... You are the one that gets the checks.

You think you are a better fan...if people don't agree with you. Here's your sign.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
In case you didn't know....I turned the tables on this alleged "fan". He disrespected me about it...ben a Cowboys fan for 50 YEARS.

But because he and I don;t agree...he has to come at me.

I am okay with disagreement. There is no reason to call into question being fan.

"rubbing my face".....at "you guys".

Do YOU "entertain" the idea of respectful disagreement?

Looks like NOT.
Still have not addressed it and insist on this off topic emotional tripe.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh because the likes of YOU...says so? That gets checks for clicks on this website?

You are the one that actually said that is a possibility. So I;d wager since you are the one that thought of it...YOU are the one that trolls everyone with stupid ASININE arguments and keeps the clicks rolling.... You are the one that gets the checks.

You think you are a better fan...if people don't agree with you. Here's your sign.
Grow up triggered little child. Plus, why do you always follow and comment on my posts? Stay away, troll. I don't have time for your childish rants.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Grow up triggered little child. Plus, why do you always follow and comment on my posts? Stay away, troll. I don't have time for your childish rants.
LOL...you telling ME to grow up?
You telling ME to ignore posts?
You telling ME about "childish rants"?

Like I said several timers...you accuse others of everything...YOU do.

So you take your own advice. If YOU don;t "have time"...then STOP RELPYING TO ME!

God...idiots...jeeze.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
LOL...you telling ME to grow up?
You telling ME to ignore posts?
You telling ME about "childish rants"?

Like I said several timers...you accuse others of everything...YOU do.

So you take your own advice. If YOU don;t "have time"...then STOP RELPYING TO ME!

God...idiots...jeeze.
Still haven't addressed it.

You be like: