50+ minutes of Dak winning games in the clutch

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It’s always somebody else’s fault.
It's more like the situation is complicated and there is no single magic bullet that explains it all. Dak is certainly at fault for some things. You ilk takes that and blows it up in to the end all be all and then doomcasts future chances unless the one you blame is removed.

It's common human behavior: scapegoating.

That does not mean its based on anything real.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
it is ok to be encouraged by that, but also they have lost in a embarrassing way to SF those same two years in a row.
Both games the last play was keystone cops lol, so while the reg season has been very good, the playoffs they have not looked good as a team.
And your boy dak, didnt play well in either game.

I think they will do the same this season, good in season, then self destruct in playoffs/.
Sure. SF definitely seems to have our number on offense. Does that mean Dak sucks and can never win in the playoffs?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
It means he should have quite a few more times already (and did have the teams for it). Man, '21 should have been the year.

So of course anything can happen in the future, but how stupid is it to cling to it just because?

No we don't have to give up hope, simply because even the more stupid, talentless QBs (on an NFL level) can win a SB with the right team behind them. So of course Dak can, as he isn't even close to being the worst. Still above average imo. But he also is further away from being the best than what I'd hoped for after all those years and yes they should have drafted alot more QBs in the last couple of years to find that guy.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I brought up Aikman was like Dak with only one playoff game winning drive.

What you are feeling is cognitive dissonance.

Cognitive dissonance, again? Fuzzy did you just learn those two words yesterday? lol.

Everyone has that...you do also.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I just gave context to the “clutch”. In 2019, when everybody was healthy, Dallas couldn’t win a game when down by half-time. As usual, Dak went through his annual “slump” of absolute horrid football play and garbage third-down play.

With Moore and an offense that requires the QB to take on more responsibility and not just manage the game with a top-tier OL and RG and a simplified offense with Linehan, he’s been mediocre and average at best.

He’s simply a paper-tiger whose peaked. It is what it is.
Show the videos (like I do) to support your claims.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Cognitive dissonance, again? Fuzzy did you just learn those two words yesterday? lol.

Everyone has that...you do also.
No, but it is definitely going on. A whole ton of people around here have been claiming that Dak cannot win in the clutch. Khiladi's narrative has been rampant.

The OP, if you watch it, repudiates that idea.

It's been fun watching people deflect, gaslight, change the subject, and all other behaviors associated with CD.

Sure everyone experiences it from time to time but this is a special case.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
That's funny.

If Dak were to play for 17 seasons the way Dan Marino did, Dak would be on path to shatter Marino's career passing yards record of 61, 361 yards by a total of 67, 845 passing yards, a difference of 6,000+ yards.
Different time. Different league. Can't compare, IMO.

TheSport78

Reaction score
By who? You and others who like oversimplification as opposed to analysis.

And another assertion this time about the future which is unknowable.
By people who judge and give their opinion on sports. They’re all...opinions. Stats don't draw conclusions. Go back in your little science lab and pretend like you have all of the answers!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
By people who judge and give their opinion on sports. They’re all...opinions. Stats don't draw conclusions. Go back in your little science lab and pretend like you have all of the answers!
I am talking about people who professionally do statistics. I get that you want to be important but there is a reason why I am citing pro football reference and not making it about me.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Different time. Different league. Can't compare, IMO.
You're right.

It's harder today to win in the playoffs. Players are bigger, faster and quicker while offenses and defenses are more complex. There is more parity today. Most teams are very similar in strength and ability today.

TheSport78

Reaction score
I am talking about people who professionally do statistics. I get that you want to be important but there is a reason why I am citing pro football reference and not making it about me.
Professionally do statistics, and where does that lead you? What conclusions are drawn from them?