50+ minutes of Dak winning games in the clutch

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
fuzzy didn't address THIS very fast!
Marino and Aikman's playoff stats as similar or worse than Prescott.

He gave you specific stats comparing the two and you asked him a question about his personal preference. He gave it with basis of the stats.

All you have done is ad hominem and you won't admit that Marino's playoff stats were inferior to Prescott's.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You responded HERE within seconds. YOu even edited it!

But not when I asked you exactly what you want.

What the freak dude. What's your malfunction?
Because i saw when you posted it and you were doing the same defletion so I just pointed it out again. Your repeated behavior reminded me of that dogs behavior so I added it.

Get over us and yourself and try talking about the topic.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Hey, Cleatus, I didn't bring up Dan Marino. @CowboyoWales did. I simply responded to him.
Nope it was the 'Captain' in #176.
Yet, you chimed in and brought up Dan Marino, didn't you? All to discredit Dak, am I right?

So, as one can see, Dak Prescott has by far the better % amount of times he has thrown for a 90+ passer rating than Dan Marino. That proves more than just nothing as you stated. Thank you for bringing up Dan Marino. Following the playoff percentages, I would rather take my chances with Dak. So should you since you love to bring up stats, unless it doesn't fit your agenda.
Nope, that's your agenda. You brought up Marino (which is a terrible comparison :based on stats and the legitimacy of comparing different era's) I thought the discussion is about 'clutch'. Dak's career figure of '55 when trailing >2 minutes remaining' on it's own, shows concern (especially when compared to his contempories).
Dak is a different QB with a lead when compared to having to step up and chase down an opponent. We did this to death on the thread which compared his figures to: Stafford, Cousins, Allen (the three QB's he always seems to be compared to).

(CAPS, not to shout, so that this point isnt ignored) THIS DOESNT MEAN THAT DAK IS A POOR QB, IT's THAT WE, AS A TEAM, NEED TO FOCUS ON 'ALL-OUT' GETTING A LEAD......EVEN IF IT MEANS TAKING CHANCES (BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL) EARLIER ON.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Nope it was the 'Captain' in #176.

Nope, that's your agenda. You brought up Marino (which is a terrible comparison :based on stats and the legitimacy of comparing different era's) I thought the discussion is about 'clutch'. Dak's career figure of '55 when trailing >2 minutes remaining' on it's own, shows concern (especially when compared to his contempories).
Dak is a different QB with a lead when compared to having to step up and chase down an opponent. We did this to death on the thread which compared his figures to: Stafford, Cousins, Allen (the three QB's he always seems to be compared to).

(CAPS, not to shout, so that this point isnt ignored) THIS DOESNT MEAN THAT DAK IS A POOR QB, IT's THAT WE, AS A TEAM, NEED TO FOCUS ON 'ALL-OUT' GETTING A LEAD......EVEN IF IT MEANS TAKING CHANCES (BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL) EARLIER ON.
You too??? Once again, I DIDN'T BRING UP DAN MARINO. YOU AND ANOTHER POSTER DID. I simply replied to your response to me when YOU BROUGHT UP DAN MARINO.

For the record, I proved with playoff stats that Dak has a better proven QB passer rate + % of playoff games of shooting a 90+ passer rating than Marino has. That's a fact. You're wrong. Period.

Plus, what do you call Dak bringing the team back for a late 4th quarter win this past December 25, 2022 at home against the Eagles? Dak did the same come from behind in the 4th quarter to help beat the Texans on December 11, 2022. Dak also brought the team from behind to tie the game late, send it to overtime and pull out a win in overtime at the Patriots on October 17, 2021. Dak also led the Offense for a last seconds left in the game for a winning FG at the Chargers on September 19, 2021.

I could go on and on. I don't know where you got those stats, but they are wrong. Way wrong. Check out the games and dates the past two seasons I just listed above. All games which Dak led the Offense late in 4th quarters for a win.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak over Marino is the most absurd statement posted in a long time here.
Do you watch the NFL games or just hug your Dak doll?
Probably the latter........
STHU, troll! That's all you and your hating troll buddies got. You have to make it personal because you've got nothing when it comes to stats. Why do y'all even follow the team? Dak is not going anywhere. Go follow another team. You haters will not be missed. Guaranteed.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
STHU, troll! That's all you and your hating troll buddies got. You have to make it personal because you've got nothing when it comes to stats. Why do y'all even follow the team? Dak is not going anywhere. Go follow another team. You haters will not be missed. Guaranteed.
Dan Marino...........HOF Dan Marino............... :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: ...........thanks for the laughs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dan Marino...........HOF Dan Marino............... :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: ...........thanks for the laughs.
Refute the playoff stats I posted between Dak and Marino. I dare you. Let's see how smart you truly are...

*tick tock...tick tock...tick tock*

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Refute the playoff stats I posted between Dak and Marino. I dare you. Let's see how smart you truly are...

*tick tock...tick tock...tick tock*
The end for all you Dak slobbers is coming soon.
Got that 20 million cap( in conjunction with the cap rising) we are saving to be able to bite the bullet and boot your boyfriends @@@ out of town next offseason.
Enjoy him while you can and get some new excuses ready as the egg-laying will be plenty this coming season for inepto.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak Prescott 4th QTR stat line for that game was 1 of 7 for 27 yards and an Interception. The Aikman, Brady and Manning comparisons are apt. They probably wished they had that kind of 4th quarter stat line. Clutch.
wrong but good try saw troy have some terrible low stat games.. Maybe you need a key to offensive football;

here's some hints,

there's a offensive line, a run game, a tight end, receivers, and play callers and also there's a defense on the other side.

so blaming one person in the win, trying to nitpick his play, and saying yeah nothing to do with it is a true testament to what we call a troll and a hater when you try to say the man had nothing to do with the win and then in the losses he has everything to do with the losses,

you Sir are a troll and are probably short to live on my feed..

What that means is you're not worth my time.
If you can't keep an open mind and not show your true colors then this is not a debate, it's your false narrative and your poor opinion or you just have a severe lack of football IQ who knows but I'm going to lean towards the hater troll narrative. BYE

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak Prescott 4th QTR stat line for that game was 1 of 7 for 27 yards and an Interception. The Aikman, Brady and Manning comparisons are apt. They probably wished they had that kind of 4th quarter stat line. Clutch.
I'm betting if you go through every single game in their career and you watched every single moment and remember them like you do the Dallas Cowboys the team you follow you're gonna find plenty of games all three of those have had that were very similar.. Now be gone

khiladi

Reaction score
As I said, this idea Dak is clutch all boils down to his Linehan years as a game manager, while Dallas fielded the number 1 OL and RG in the league, with Zeke leading the league in rushing attempts year in and out wearing down defenses.

The bogus nature of this claim of being clutch is more than seen in his 2017 performance, particularly when Zeke was suspended and he couldn’t put up double digit points against any team with a winning record. This was also the year he has the highest-rated QBR against the blitz.

Stats are meaningless without context. As I said, presenting these stats like it’s some “new revelation” is completely asinine as this was the “mainstream” claim his first 3 years while all of us Dak-haters were saying this type of stuff is misleading and Dak sucks. Even SI was saying after the 2018 season he is the most clutch QB in the league and we were telling you this is a farce and facade and he’s a bum. You are telling us nothing new and it’s just a re-packaging of an old claim.

Prescott has been the source of 14 game-winning drives during the regular season — defined by Pro Football Reference as an offensive scoring drive in the fourth quarter or overtime that puts the winning team ahead for the last time — in his three seasons as a pro. That’s more than Drew Brees or Matthew Stafford, who clock in with a tie for second place, have had in the same time frame.

That’s a testament to Prescott’s skill, though his numbers owe a huge debt to Ezekiel Elliott, the hard-charging tailback whose ability to open up opposing defenses is the foundation from which the quarterback builds. The former fourth-round pick has been the eraser who cleans up the stray marks created by an uneven cast of playmakers, and now he can prove himself as an upper-tier quarterback by stunning the Rams at the Coliseum in the Divisional Round.

Even SI, despite their marketing of him as an “eraser who cleans up the stray marks” knows it was because of Zeke taking all the attention of the defense.

To clarify, he was not the source, the source was Zeke and the OL completely wearing down the front line, where Dak in a simplified offense could sit back and make basis throws up keep the chains moving.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/a...tt-cowboys-rams-clutch-nfl-playoffs-tony-romo

As I said, when you start to see the OL and RG start to deteriorate, from all-world to what every decent team QB gets to work with regularly, his flaws, his worst being his lack of mental awareness and processing speed, will become more and more apparent. The guy makes some of the most bone-headed decisions of any QB in the league.