#53 Pick Anthony Fasano ND

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
I think we have lost significant ground to Philly and NYG today so far.
lol, in the draft? these are kids here. how many make significant impacts next year.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Ok here we go again. We are getting guys who have connections to Parcells and his croneys.

Had Carpenter not had the Daddy connection and been reped by Sexton we would have taken Lawson. Now we get a TE from Weis' (Parcells croney) program.

Eddie

Reaction score
Was Fasano the BPA available on our board? This doesn't really make sense.

I can live with the Carpenter pick (though I think I'd rather have had Lawson). But what's going on with the Fasano pick?

Heck, at least we picked up an extra 6th and 7th rounder for moving back 4 spots.

We had a chance at McNeil (Auburn OT). Eric Winston's still on the board also.

This reminds me of those *** drafts from 1995-2003.

PJCOWBOYS

Reaction score
Hilarious. Soon as Jason Furgeson gets injured, and backup Thomas Johnson starts, we are doomed. An undrafted free agent DT is our only depth behind Furgenson. LOL! Ya, who needs another DT? Too funny.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
There were better Pass catching TEs on the board anyways... Pope, Byrd, Thomas. I'm pissssed

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
WHAT THE F***@&*^&$%
THIS PISSES ME OFF

Simpson WILL NOT BE ON THE BOARD COME ROUND 3

We got teh 16th pick in the 3rd round, and i can tell u now SIMPSON OR WINSTON WONT B THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE THIS PICK SOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!

bford24

Reaction score
What the hell happens if Witten goes down? Hannam is a blocking TE and would you trust Ryan. If the guy can play and I hear he can then its not a bad pick. It wasn't high on my list but I love guys who produce at big collegiate programs.

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
Well, weren't CIN and CHI looking to add a TE at some point? Maybe we could flip Fasano for CIN's or CHI's 2nd plus another pick or Hannam for a lower-round pick, or if not, then I don't why we made this pick.

Ganja

Reaction score
Sup with that? I know that he wasn't drafted because he was the best player available...at least I hope not. So it must be team need. But why with our 2nd? We could've gotten a decent TE on day 2.

That was weak.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Charles Robison of Yahoo Sports says this about our second round pick:

Dallas - Anthony Fasano, TE: Fasano makes the tough catches and is a hard worker. He's not big on speed, but he excelled in Charlie Weis' pro style offense. Scouting source says: "If anyone was ever the next Mark Bavaro-type of guy, he is it. That's why Parcells took him, even with Jason Witten already on board." - 7:08 pm EDT

Eskimo

Reaction score
CanadaBoys said:
anyone ever hear of a 2 TE set??? jeez... relax.

We already had Witten and Hannam. We have Pierce and Ryan to battle out 3rd string.

Unless Fasano is an impact player, we made a big mistake here drafting him so high when there were big needs at OL and good players left on the board (J Scott, Winston, the Pitt OG).

marchetta

Reaction score
Anthony Fasano TE Notre Dame

Strengths
Anthony is a complete TE and a good TE. He has speed and excellent hands. He does a very good job blocking, keeps his balance and uses his hands well. He is a very dependable player that you know is going to do his job to the best of his ability on every play. Anthony is a good in-line blocker for the running game and also can block in space. He's been receiving the ball in the passing game from a QB with a big time arm and running pro-style routes. Anthony is ready to help you right away.

Needs to Improve
Anthony just has to get to the combine as quick as possible and show his speed and quickness. As soon as he does, he'll move up or down the charts depending on those two issues. I believe he will move up.

Bottom Line
Anthony reminds me a lot of another Notre Dame TE, Mark Bavaro. He has the same "after the catch" ability, blocking skills and those quite dependable leadership qualities that made Bavaro a core player and fan favorite for the Giants. Mark was drafted in 1985 (4th Rd) by The New Jersey Giants and went on to have a pretty good career. He will help the team that drafts him as quickly as Heath Miller did this year for the Steelers and he is a significantly better TE than the Klopfenstein kid that so many people (except me) seem to like in this draft. It has been reported that Anthony runs in the 4.75 range, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ran just a tad faster. If he breaks 4.70 and runs in the 4.65 or 4.68 range, teams are going to be falling all over themselves like an old Bugs Bunny cartoon to interview this kid and then will go back to study the film on him. If Anthony runs in the 4.65 area, that means that he'll be as fast as Vernon Davis (TE Maryland), but Anthony is bigger and a better blocker. Although it doesn’t prove that he will be quicker -- but you get my drift. As far as I’m concerned right now, Anthony has 1st round talent. So, if you want a TE with the potential to be as good as Mark Bavaro and the talent to impact right away like Heath Miller did, then you draft Anthony in the first round of this draft. If you don’t draft him, then you sit there at the draft with a big “L” on your forehead as the team that does draft him looks down at you in the standings next year. You see, it’s just that simple!

- Drew Boylhart (thehuddlereport.com)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JustSayNotoTO said:
Awful pick. Why did we sign Hannam? This sucks.

We signed Hannam for the same reason we signed Fabini and Robinson: so we don't have to reach for a player at a position of need.

jbsg02

Reaction score
bford24 said:
What the hell happens if Witten goes down? Hannam is a blocking TE and would you trust Ryan. If the guy can play and I hear he can then its not a bad pick. It wasn't high on my list but I love guys who produce at big collegiate programs.

and what if flozell goes down again, we could have had eric winston.