#53 Pick Anthony Fasano ND

Gaede

Reaction score
I really like Fasano. I do. But do we need him? No.

It's a pick we'll all probably warm up to (because the player is good), but at this point in time, it's completely unnecessary

But hey, the player is good. We didn't pick up a bum. It's just we don't really need him right now

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CanadaBoys said:
anyone ever hear of a 2 TE set??? jeez... relax.

If we wasted a 2nd round draft pick so we can run a two TE set and pass out of it, then I think I'll have to shoot myself in the face. We have weapons on offense. Guess we won't be trying to get the ball to TO or TG.

gbrittain

Reaction score
This is one of them picks that if the players turns out to be a star then all is well and forgiven, but if he does not there will a whole lot of second guessing this one.

This is one of those picks that is not easily forgiven if it busts.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit said:
We signed Hannam for the same reason we signed Fabini and Robinson: so we don't have to reach for a player at a position of need.
And then we did it anyway.:laugh1:

jcollins28

Reaction score
Has Wright the DT out of Texas been drafted yet? I can't belive they took a T/E!?!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbgun said:
It's Caucasian Day at Valley Ranch!

Man that is a cheap shot. Why bring color into this? had Dallas drafted 2 black players nothing would have been said so stow the race comments!!!

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
I think more than ever we need to add a 4th-rounder somehow. Unless we've decided to go with Coleman at FS, FS and the OL are still huge concerns that we can't necessarily effectively address with just a 3rd-rounder and a few 5th-7th-round picks.

sago1

Reaction score
Agree that this pick is unnecessary given that Eric Winston, Ko Simpson & other good players still on the board that we could have used and had good value.

Also don't think much of the trade with the Jets. Trading down from 49 (410 value) to 53 (370 value) is 40 points. We end up with a 6th & a 7th picks which doesn't even come close to 40 points. Sounds like Jerry just make this trade so he can show he can play with the big boys. Disappointing.

Cowboys better draft well in the 3rd round--but 2nd round pick doesn't quiet my concerns.

Austin28

Reaction score
This is a clear indicator that we'll be running a lot of 2TE sets once again this season.

Remember - Parcells loves him some 2TE sets. That's my favorite formation to run out of.

Think about it: Jones or Barber in the backfield. Then, Owens and Glenn on the outside. Witten and Fasano, who seems to be a quality player guys!

One thing all of you belly achers are forgetting though. Parcells loves him some 2TE sets!

Thumbs up from where I'm sitting. This guy is going to bolster up our offense. Good pick if you ask me.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
Let's seriously analyze this pick guys

Northerner? check
White? check
Italian last name? check

drafted.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
bford24 said:
What the hell happens if Witten goes down? Hannam is a blocking TE and would you trust Ryan. If the guy can play and I hear he can then its not a bad pick. It wasn't high on my list but I love guys who produce at big collegiate programs.

Man where to begin ... I won't be as harsh as some others because you never know for sure in the draft and he is a Cowboy ... but the pick is questionable for sure.

As far as the injury issue you can play that game at every position ... what if R.Williams,Newman,Ferguson,Adams,TO,Bledsoe, or yes Witten go down ... but you have to think about adding a starter with your 2nd pick.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Austin28 said:
This is a clear indicator that we'll be running a lot of 2TE sets once again this season.

Remember - Parcells loves him some 2TE sets. That's my favorite formation to run out of.

Think about it: Jones or Barber in the backfield. Then, Owens and Glenn on the outside. Witten and Fasano, who seems to be a quality player guys!

One thing all of you belly achers are forgetting though. Parcells loves him some 2TE sets!

Thumbs up from where I'm sitting. This guy is going to bolster up our offense. Good pick if you ask me.

The only thing is that Witten isn't a good run blocker and the scouting report on Fasano is that he isn't a very good run blocker. It kind of defeats the point of a 2-TE offense if you can't run out of it.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
Let's seriously analyze this pick guys

Northerner? check
White? check
Italian last name? check

drafted.
LMAO:laugh2:

sportsman

Reaction score
The guy will be a plus. TE is a physical position over 16 games. Having depth at that position will make this team better. Witten will benefit from this pick.

I like the offense he came from. He comes in knowing the pro game.

Eskimo

Reaction score
It looks like Ireland has come back down to Earth after the last draft - very questionable moves in the first and second round. I'm not sure if either of these guys starts this year and neither has any impact potential.

rkstevens

Reaction score
Maybe they think Fosano can help the passing game more than any available receivers and also be flexible enough to block for a running play?