#53 Pick Anthony Fasano ND

doomsday_II

Reaction score
Isn't Witten a RFA next year? Is so since he is a two time pro bowler and Dallas does not match, it will be a very high compensation pick (although I would hate to lose him). This pick is future looking.

PJCOWBOYS

Reaction score
Isn't it funny the question is, well what if Witten goes down, who replaces him? And no one seems to care that Furgeson, who is what, 34 or 35 years old, if he goes down, we have who to replace him? An UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT! A guy WHO HAS NEVER PLAYED YET! How sad is that?

Gaede

Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
Let's seriously analyze this pick guys

Northerner? check
White? check
Italian last name? check

drafted.

lmao :lmao2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Austin28 said:
This is a clear indicator that we'll be running a lot of 2TE sets once again this season.

Remember - Parcells loves him some 2TE sets. That's my favorite formation to run out of.

Think about it: Jones or Barber in the backfield. Then, Owens and Glenn on the outside. Witten and Fasano, who seems to be a quality player guys!

One thing all of you belly achers are forgetting though. Parcells loves him some 2TE sets!

Thumbs up from where I'm sitting. This guy is going to bolster up our offense. Good pick if you ask me.

Yeah but you don't have to reach for him. If you include Fasano, there's still 4 good pass catching TEs on the board.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Did any of you even watch this guy play?

He is a very good TE. Very athletic, tough, soft hands. He has been compared to Bavaro.

Good solid pick. I like it. This is a Pittsburgh type pick.

DiscipleofTuna

Reaction score
I wonder if Patriot fans said the same things after drafting Watson when they had Fauria and Graham in one the yr before:rolleyes:

Julius is meant to run behind a two TE set. A great pick!! I wish we could sticky these responses.

jesusphreak

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
It looks like Ireland has come back down to Earth after the last draft - very questionable moves in the first and second round. I'm not sure if either of these guys starts this year and neither has any impact potential.

Uh, Carpenter will likely start and he's a very solid linebacker. Fasano won't start be we'll definitely see him in games.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:

He is a very good TE. Very athletic, tough, soft hands. He has been compared to Bavaro.

He is a fumbler.

DallasKen

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
It looks like Ireland has come back down to Earth after the last draft - very questionable moves in the first and second round. I'm not sure if either of these guys starts this year and neither has any impact potential.

Let me make sure I'm reading you right. You're saying Carpenter has no impact potential? lmao....Remind me to never take any of your posts seriously ever again.

Gaede

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:

yeah, I'm warming up to it.

At least we're not drafting guys like Goodrich, Larrimore, Dixon...Guys who never could play football to begin with.

Eskimo

Reaction score
jesusphreak said:
Uh, Carpenter will likely start and he's a very solid linebacker. Fasano won't start be we'll definitely see him in games.

Carpenter may start but he doesn't really have much impact potential - he will be at best a solid above average OLB. He was a safe pick like Spears last year but not one who will ever change the scope of a game.

I'm not arguing it was a terrible pick - it was just a safe pick.

Merlin

Reaction score
:doh: I can only hope a trade is in the works. Horrible pick. Parcells' best days are clearly behind him.

Reaction score
Gaede said:
I really like Fasano. I do. But do we need him? No.

It's a pick we'll all probably warm up to (because the player is good), but at this point in time, it's completely unnecessary

But hey, the player is good. We didn't pick up a bum. It's just we don't really need him right now

Good Point about warming up.

Mattsdad

Reaction score
wow, talk about taking the wind out of my sails on draft day.........god, this was a terrible pick imo at this spot.........partic with our OL and Safety issues. Reminds me of the head-scratching I did with the Q Carter pick years back.