5th year option, Franchise tag Micah, let him go?

Flamma

Reaction score
Absolutely no reason at all for this year.
Yeah there is, and I explained it. Without going into detail, the sooner you extend a player, the lower their cap hits. The longer you wait, the more difficult it is to structure the contract.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah there is, and I explained it. Without going into detail, the sooner you extend a player, the lower their cap hits. The longer you wait, the more difficult it is to structure the contract.
why is that because another player reset the market???

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Keep in mind, any extension Parsons gets, whether it be this year or next year, it doesn't start until 2026. That's when the 35-40M a year starts
In other words, let's get his contract/extension on the books NOW. This way we won't have to worry about his huge cap hit until 2026. Keep him 2-3 more years and start looking for an exit.

Flamma

Reaction score
In other words, let's get his contract/extension on the books NOW. This way we won't have to worry about his huge cap hit until 2026. Keep him 2-3 more years and start looking for an exit.
Absolutely right. Here is what a 4 year extension of 35M a year would look like.

2024- 5M
2025- 21M 5th year option
2026- 35M
2027- 35M
2028- 35M
2029- 35M

Of course they wouldn't structure it that way. I'm showing the money. That is 166M, and they can spread that out anyway they want over that 6 year period. That's an average of 27M a year. The longer you wait, that average goes up.

Loso86

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the 5th year option will be for micah it all depends what the league calls him a DE or LB. That has to at least be let's say 15-20+ million right there. Next year you follow up with a franchise (which I realize he ISN'T going to like at all) hopefully he's finally declared a DE or LB, and he gets the tag number at that position. Clearly going into that next off season he's made 40 or so million total. Isn't that enough instead of giving him 40 million a year. By that time it'll probably be around 40 million to make him the highest paid non-qb player.

I want to keep Micah around, but at what cost do we do so??? Please give your thoughts.
Our fans really are the worst, not so much you but others that want to TRADE literally 1 of if not THE BEST pass rushers in the league! Because why he speaks his mind, or because he wants to get what he financially deserves.!? Either way he's getting paid but our fan base complains about the lack of talent or drafting etc THEN complain when they play beyond OUR expectations and want to get paid then it's trade him or release them or I wouldn't pay them that much take this or leave it lmao, just Shut up!!

Loso86

Reaction score
Absolutely right. Here is what a 4 year extension of 35M a year would look like.

2024- 5M
2026- 35M
2027- 35M
2028- 35M
2029- 35M

Of course they wouldn't structure it that way. I'm showing the money. That is 166M, and they can spread that out anyway they want over that 6 year period. That's an average of 27M a year. The longer you wait, that average goes up.
Why would he sign that knowing his value. Yall think these players and agents are stupid huh!?

Flamma

Reaction score
Why would he sign that knowing his value. Yall think these players and agents are stupid huh!?
I don't know what you mean. What part of that didn't you understand? Or are you disputing the 35M? Extensions start at the end of your rookie deal. It never replaces a rookie deal.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
See post 64. But you touched on another reason. Lamb would have been much cheaper had they paid him a year ago.
when we say cheaper because I hear this everyday, are we talking about? I mean a few million dollars isn't much these days now if it was 10 million dollars then yeah or more

Loso86

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean. What part of that didn't you understand? Or are you disputing the 35M? Extensions start at the end of your rookie deal. It never replaces a rookie deal.
Meaning he's not resigning a deal that doesn't set the market at his position...did you understand that time?

Flamma

Reaction score
Meaning he's not resigning a deal that doesn't set the market at his position...did you understand that time?
No. I still don't know what you are disputing. Where in my post did I not set the market? It's going to be between 35M to 40M, what difference does it make what example I used? What exactly in my post are you disputing?

Proof

Reaction score
Please allow me to help you out. Micah signed a four-year deal worth $17,079,793. If the Cowboys opt to exercise his 5th-year option, it will cost them about $4.3 million. That's just about guaranteed to happen. The franchise tag would be foolish to use on him when you can figure out a new contract during his 5th year and pay the man.
where are you getting 4.3 million from?

Proof

Reaction score
He is going to sign with Pittsburgh people. Let him go. He's wasting away here anyways. Dallas won't win until they have a real general manager. Been all over the sports news for days now that he wants to play in Pittsburgh
lol. clickbait. that's not what was said.

Proof

Reaction score
Our fans really are the worst, not so much you but others that want to TRADE literally 1 of if not THE BEST pass rushers in the league! Because why he speaks his mind, or because he wants to get what he financially deserves.!? Either way he's getting paid but our fan base complains about the lack of talent or drafting etc THEN complain when they play beyond OUR expectations and want to get paid then it's trade him or release them or I wouldn't pay them that much take this or leave it lmao, just Shut up!!
and have the nerve to say "that's good business" lol

pacboyX

Reaction score
How bout fans focus on the below average DT play for how many years before trying to trade your best player on the team. Smh

Chasing6

Reaction score

2024- 5M
2026- 35M
2027- 35M
2028- 35M
2029- 35M

Obviously with they way they are handling CD, they are not concerned or view it that way.

Flamma

Reaction score
Obviously with they way they are handling CD, they are not concerned or view it that way.
Obviously. Or they would have paid him last year. My thinking is because they paid Diggs. You might want to stagger contracts so that big cap hits don't happen at the same time. There are other reasons they might not want to pay him. Remember, we as fans just think about cap hits. The people actually paying them think about real dollars. Dollars they're going to lose. They might not care about cap hits if it saves them money.

They did the same thing with Dak. They waited until the last minute to pay him and look where it got us. Because of this, they owe 95M to the cap plus whatever they have to pay him in a new contract.

Loso86

Reaction score
No. I still don't know what you are disputing. Where in my post did I not set the market? It's going to be between 35M to 40M, what difference does it make what example I used? What exactly in my post are you disputing?
Your post had 35 mil rather that's what you meant or not that's what you posted and THATS the basis of what I'm saying