5th year option, Franchise tag Micah, let him go?

conner01

Reaction score
The 5th year option was already exercised, a month ago.
He's been classified as a defensive end and is guaranteed 21.324mil next year.

IMO at some point he'll hold out like Bosa. The new contract > mandatory fines.
And with how this front office does business, they'll cave.
Players don’t like playing on one year deals and you can’t blame them. They are taking all the risks. He won’t literally hold out because it would cost too much but he’d hold out in camp for sure

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I would extend Micah now and trade CD. Try to get some good faith saving on the early extension and give an early out if necessary. WR's are easier to find. If Dak wants top money then he has to adjust to having Mahomes talent around him. No top WR's.
It sure they will be trading CD.

Flamma

Reaction score
They should extend Parsons now, but out of the big 3, he's the only one that will have an immediate negative hit on the cap. As opposed to Dak or Lamb. Extensions to them would create cap space. They would most likely have to create cap space to extend Parsons now. Which I don't think they're going to do. They'd rather pay Parsons 40M next year.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
They should extend Parsons now, but out of the big 3, he's the only one that will have an immediate negative hit on the cap. As opposed to Dak or Lamb. Extensions to them would create cap space. They would most likely have to create cap space to extend Parsons now. Which I don't think they're going to do. They'd rather pay Parsons 40M next year.
What do you think the Cowboys will do?

Flamma

Reaction score
What do you think the Cowboys will do?
The Cowboys keep roughly 7M in cap space to carry over to next season. They have 10M in space now. Just enough for a cheap signing or two. They won't extend Parsons now.

What they will do with Lamb and Dak is anybody's guess. If I had to gamble, I'd say they can't pay all 3 in the same year. Maybe someone has to go. Unless they pay one of them this year.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the 5th year option will be for micah it all depends what the league calls him a DE or LB. That has to at least be let's say 15-20+ million right there. Next year you follow up with a franchise (which I realize he ISN'T going to like at all) hopefully he's finally declared a DE or LB, and he gets the tag number at that position. Clearly going into that next off season he's made 40 or so million total. Isn't that enough instead of giving him 40 million a year. By that time it'll probably be around 40 million to make him the highest paid non-qb player.

I want to keep Micah around, but at what cost do we do so??? Please give your thoughts.
He's a one trick pony with a serious attitude problem when the game isn't going his way. The dude looks like he's pissed at the world when anybody not named Micah Parsons gets a game changing sack on HIS side of the ball! The Cowboys would be better off to try and get a king's ransom for him before he starts with the MEGA CONTRACT talk.

Xeven

Reaction score
I think Micah usefulness will be similar to RB. He is going to burn down quick imo.