6 Qbs poised to be elite in 2017

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
In fairness to Morris... l think he is the type of RB that needs a lot more work to hit his stride. Not saying your wrong...He just never seemed to get it going.

Well he won't get any snaps this year on the depth chart as the #3 rb.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
ehh... faulty logic. Stafford's only thrown for 5k yards once and they won ten games and made the playoffs that year. they've also made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years and last year obviously without megatron, and with a depleted backfield.

on top of that, there were 12 qb's with losing records last year, and 2 that went 8-8 and only 2 of them threw for over 4k yards (carson palmer and Andy Dalton)

So realistically there's not many qbs at all racking up a ton of yards with losing records, and Stafford certainly isn't one of them. He definitely passes the eye test to me, and yes I could see him winning a superbowl if he weren't playing for the Lions.

Blake Bortles had 3900 yards last year, Kirk Cousins had 4900 yards last year....when quarterbacks of this ilk are putting up this many passing yards it truly shows where this league is headed.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Trouty, honestly, l always thought Favre was overrated. If he hadn't won that SB, and that can't be taken away from him, he wouldn't be viewed in such a positive light??
Yes, Haley, he was always in the playoffs, broke a lot of records, and returned to the SB. 1-1 in SBs with many records (that have since been broken). He was great.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Favre was a great QB who probably could've been greater, I won't disagree with you there, Boxer. Dude slung that rock!!!
I always thought, while watching him, he took a lot of unnecessary chances. Doesn't mean he was wrong or not great! I see the game from the defensive side and always thought he was beatable because of his style. Another perspective is always welcome.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I always thought, while watching him, he took a lot of unnecessary chances. Doesn't mean he was wrong or not great! I see the game from the defensive side and always thought he was beatable because of his style. Another perspective is always welcome.
Definitely, especially when it's yours!!! :)

He was a "live by me, die by me" QB! He slung that ball like no one ever has, sometimes to the detriment of the team, but more often than not, it was for the win. And the MVPs and 1-1 SB record, iron man, and all those damn yards. Just a great QB. I'm comfortable saying top 10, but closer to ten than one, certainly.

What he did with the Vikings also can't be overlooked, almost got them to a SB, Boxer.