6 Qbs poised to be elite in 2017

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yes, hes way better now than his 1st year or so.

His job last year brings me back to Stafford.
They were very similar with Stafford being slightly better in all passing categories. Plus Stafford led the league by a mile in 4th qtr comeback wins (though assigning wins to QBs is flawed).
All this without Calvin.

Okay, Im getting boring now.
You love you some Stafford! Nothing wrong with that. He's a very solid QB, JC! Well above-average.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Always throws for 4200-5000 yards.
Plays behind mediocre to crappy lines and limited running games.
Yet int % not very high at all for so many yards

Trivia: among top 10 QBs in passing yards last year, Stafford (without Calvin) was behind only Rodgers and Ryan in TD:int ratio. Thats very hard to do.

Stafford is way better than you think.
We will agree to disagree

Stats tell a lot. When you have a losing record like Stafford does yet will still throw for 5k yards that is because you are playing losing football. I'm just not as excited about passing yards in today's football as I am watching these guys play. Does Stafford pass the eye test for you? Do you watch him play and think one day he will be a Super Bowl champion?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Stats tell a lot. When you have a losing record like Stafford does yet will still throw for 5k yards that is because you are playing losing football. I'm just not as excited about passing yards in today's football as I am watching these guys play. Does Stafford pass the eye test for you? Do you watch him play and think one day he will be a Super Bowl champion?
He could be if he didn't play for such a pitiful franchise.

DFWJC

Reaction score
sure. put him on a good team.
I mean, even with the crap he played with last year, he led the league by a mile in comeback 4th qtr wins, and the team went 9-7.
I watch him plenty, btw.
He's not Brady or Rodgers obviously, but he's plenty good enough if on a good overall team
I'm no longer trying to convince you. We just disagree. No big deal.

Proof

Reaction score

ehh... faulty logic. Stafford's only thrown for 5k yards once and they won ten games and made the playoffs that year. they've also made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years and last year obviously without megatron, and with a depleted backfield.

on top of that, there were 12 qb's with losing records last year, and 2 that went 8-8 and only 2 of them threw for over 4k yards (carson palmer and Andy Dalton)

So realistically there's not many qbs at all racking up a ton of yards with losing records, and Stafford certainly isn't one of them. He definitely passes the eye test to me, and yes I could see him winning a superbowl if he weren't playing for the Lions.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Winston is a sure bet. He's gonna be great.

But Tanehill :huh: His ceiling is somewhere around Dalton, imo.

There's no solution for how inaccurate he is with the football. He makes some good throws and then some that just make you think ***?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Fox sports posted an article on who they think are the qbs that could become elite next year. The Qbs are as follow:

Ryan Tanehill
Dak Prescott
Marcus Mariotta
Derek Carr
Matt Stafford
Winston

Wentz and Goff were not mentioned.

Tanehill and Stafford have had enough time to prove they're elite. I think their time has passed.

gmoney112

Reaction score
He could be if he didn't play for such a pitiful franchise.

Can't understand why these franchise QBs stay with terrible teams. Well, I do understand $$, but man I'd take less to go to a decent franchise when I'm still making an absurd amount.

Proof

Reaction score
Can't understand why these franchise QBs stay with terrible teams. Well, I do understand $$, but man I'd take less to go to a decent franchise when I'm still making an absurd amount.

Most good franchises have a qb in place.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He is no less inaccurate than Brett Favre. Same type of gunslinger mentality.

And he can absolutely be coached to be less careless.

Well at least Farve showed under pressure in big games he could win. Wentz hasn't showed that yet.

DFWJC

Reaction score

haleyrules

Reaction score
He is no less inaccurate than Brett Favre. Same type of gunslinger mentality.

And he can absolutely be coached to be less careless.
Trouty, honestly, l always thought Favre was overrated. If he hadn't won that SB, and that can't be taken away from him, he wouldn't be viewed in such a positive light??

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Fox sports posted an article on who they think are the qbs that could become elite next year. The Qbs are as follow:

Ryan Tanehill
Dak Prescott
Marcus Mariotta
Derek Carr
Matt Stafford
Winston

Wentz and Goff were not mentioned.
Lions have been waiting thru three different uniform updates for Stafford to become elite.

:muttley:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
sure. put him on a good team.
I mean, even with the crap he played with last year, he led the league by a mile in comeback 4th qtr wins, and the team went 9-7.
I watch him plenty, btw.
He's not Brady or Rodgers obviously, but he's plenty good enough if on a good overall team
I'm no longer trying to convince you. We just disagree. No big deal.

Not about convincing me I was just asking you does he pass the eye test. You said yeah so I guess that's where it is. IMO, he's had some good teams around him. There was one year the Lions were the best defense in the league.-