6 Qbs poised to be elite in 2017

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Not true. Any back can run behind this line. Now the question becomes can any QB throw from behind this line.

So then why can't Alfred Morris run behind the line? We know the qb's who can't. Cassell, Weeden, etc.

ghst187

Reaction score
We'll just have to wait and see, then, ghst.

I'm clearly in the minority in advocating him as a future elite QB here at the Zone, but I think I'm right, and think there's a whole hell of a lot more of a chance of that happening than with players like Ryan friggin' Tannehill (lmao @ that one) and even Mariota.

Stafford, while good, will never be elite, as underrated as he is. And is too old, now, to be on a young QB list. Goff has shown nada, he'd have to make a hell of leap year two.

Off that list, I'd go (in no particular order):

Carr (already Top 5 and elite -- he really shouldn't even be on this list since he's already there)
Prescott
Winston
Wentz

as all with a possibility of being truly elite QBs. Mariota has an outside chance, but I see him being above average more than elite.

I agree with about everything here except of course Winston. I think the TOs will be his undoing but Tampa will live with that because he's pretty good for stretches.
No idea why Stafford is on any lists, he is what he is at this point. I think Cousins is there too. Really good for stretches but ultimately short of anything beyond a Danny White like career.
Wentz actually scares me a bit. Still rooting for bust status but he has some talent and I'm hoping he doesn't make a big jump next year.
Yeah don't see Tannehill entering the elite zone and Mariota may be a coin toss as to whether he's really good or replaced in five years.
Carr is probably the best young QB in the game right now and probably top 5 overall. The league and fans were really robbed of an NE@Oakland playoff game last year.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I agree with about everything here except of course Winston. I think the TOs will be his undoing but Tampa will live with that because he's pretty good for stretches.
No idea why Stafford is on any lists, he is what he is at this point. I think Cousins is there too. Really good for stretches but ultimately short of anything beyond a Danny White like career.
Wentz actually scares me a bit. Still rooting for bust status but he has some talent and I'm hoping he doesn't make a big jump next year.
Yeah don't see Tannehill entering the elite zone and Mariota may be a coin toss as to whether he's really good or replaced in five years.
Carr is probably the best young QB in the game right now and probably top 5 overall. The league and fans were really robbed of an NE@Oakland playoff game last year.
And I agree with everything you said except for Winston, of course :)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
If anyone was left off the list that is debatable, and with youth, still -- it's Wilson. Shows flashes of brilliance. Has a SB, another appearance, and has progressively gotten better each season. Don't know if he'll ever truly be "elite" but if he isn't already top 6-7 he will be soon.

ghst187

Reaction score
If anyone was left off the list that is debatable, and with youth, still -- it's Wilson. Shows flashes of brilliance. Has a SB, another appearance, and has progressively gotten better each season. Don't know if he'll ever truly be "elite" but if he isn't already top 6-7 he will be soon.

Although interesting to hear what is now trickling out of the Seahawks camp...
To quote Richard Sherman "(Wilson) sucks". Hahaha.
I think he's pretty good and always just been a winner but he has some limitations. Would I take him over about 20-25 other starters... probably somewhere right in there.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I think he's pretty good and always just been a winner but he has some limitations. Would I take him over about 20-25 other starters... probably somewhere right in there.
Just curious, Ghst -- what are your thoughts on Dak? Future top-5 potential?

DFWJC

Reaction score
And I agree with everything you said except for Winston, of course :)
My wife is an FSU grad, so she's in your camp all the way on this one Trouty.
Im looking forward to seeing how he does this year.
18 ints was very normal season Eli-like. :muttley:
But he did have 28 TDs and it was only his second season.
He's on the rise--mentally and physically..
That team, overall, should be good.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
My wife is an FSU grad, so she's in your camp all the way on this one Trouty.
Im looking forward to seeing how he does this year. That team, overall, should be good.
Awesome, JC. Yeah, I'll continue to follow his career. I watch all his games when the Boys or a very compelling game aren't on (also, the Pats, I watch them a lot :muttley:).

TB is absolutely stacked, now. They're a dark horse if they get a solid performance from their D (which they haven't been), and Winston continues to grow.

He's so special (in my eyes). Love the adversity he's overcome (through his own actions, to be fair).

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I am curious if that quote was true. If so, that is a problem.

Now if Prescott threw the INT that cost the Cowboys a Super Bowl, I can imagine the sentiment.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Awesome, JC. Yeah, I'll continue to follow his career. I watch all his games when the Boys or a very compelling game aren't on (also, the Pats, I watch them a lot :muttley:).

TB is absolutely stacked, now. They're a dark horse if they get a solid performance from their D (which they haven't been), and Winston continues to grow.

He's so special (in my eyes). Love the adversity he's overcome (through his own actions, to be fair).
As I mentioned earlier; he's on the rise both mentally and physically.
References to him back in college don't spell out the man he is becoming now.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Now if Prescott threw the INT that cost the Cowboys a Super Bowl, I can imagine the sentiment.
Thing is, our D, in that hypothetical scenario, would have no leg to stand on, as they are no Legion of Boom. The Legion of Boom feel they were just as integral to the success of that team as Wilson was/is. Hence the resentment.

By all intents and purposes, the quote is indeed true. I haven't heard otherwise, but I also didn't read the Bennett interview.

Still, it's more of a team problem, than a Wilson problem, tho that play was just ridiculous (looking at you, too, Carroll).

DFWJC

Reaction score

Yeah. This past week, some current and past Seahawks have been piling on Wilson.:muttley:

Btw, Dak played great in his lone playoff game, but he DID throw the worst Cowboy playoff interception that we've seen in about 20 years. Getting ready to easily score, but instead throws a disaserous redzone int. Huge playoff turnover. He recovered just fine though!
Kid has moxy and was outstanding in his rookie year...obviously.
Hes so smart, I bet he doesnt get fooled like that again in that critical situation.
:flagwave:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Thing is, our D, in that hypothetical scenario, would have no leg to stand on, as they are no Legion of Boom. The Legion of Boom feel they were just as integral to the success of that team as Wilson was/is. Hence the resentment.

By all intents and purposes, the quote is indeed true. I haven't heard otherwise, but I also didn't read the Bennett interview.

Still, it's more of a team problem, than a Wilson problem, tho that play was just ridiculous (looking at you, too, Carroll).
The defense was MORE the reason for Seattle's success, imo.
And I think Wilson is good, btw.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The defense was MORE the reason for Seattle's success, imo.
And I think Wilson is good, btw.
For their first SB, absolutely, JC!!! All Legion of Boom.

Wilson did a bit more the second run, that's why Carroll wanted "his guy" to get that TD.

Ridiculous call and execution.

Wilson has developed extraordinarily since that disaster, credit to him for not folding like a tent <coughcamnewtoncough> :)

DFWJC

Reaction score
For their first SB, absolutely, JC!!! All Legion of Boom.

Wilson did a bit more the second run, that's why Carroll wanted "his guy" to get that TD.

Ridiculous call and execution.

Wilson has developed extraordinarily since that disaster, credit to him for not folding like a tent <coughcamnewtoncough> :)
Yes, hes way better now than his 1st year or so.

His job last year brings me back to Stafford.
They were very similar with Stafford being slightly better in all passing categories.
More yards, more TDs, less ints, better rating, etc.
Plus Stafford led the league by a mile in 4th qtr comeback wins (though assigning wins to QBs is flawed).
All this without Calvin.

Okay, Im getting boring now.