64 yard TD!!!

joseephuss

Reaction score
Jay said:
No need to have an attitude, but Moss is physically a better player. Moss has the type of speed that makes him practically unstoppable at times. If I see TO pulling down touchdown passes like Moss does, almost acrobatically in the endzone, then I'll give TO his due.

Fact is, I think Owens is behind Moss. The statistics may not show this year, but the Eagles' only offensive weapons are Westbrook and Owens--the Raiders have Pollard (TE), Jordan (RB, who will eat up all the runs on the goal line), Jerry Porter (WR), and then Moss. Let's not even rule out Ronald Curry and Doug Gabriel who are both very solid WR's for the #3 and #4 positions. Collins will have a ton of weapons.

Porter is already a legit #1 WR, and he proved that last year, which is why Oakland signed him to big money. Now you have Moss being the #1, and Porter playing #2. Porter will have a gigantic year, and so will Moss--You know that Turner will be throwing the ball alot out there in Oakland. And I've read some places around here saying that Kerry Collins isn't that good--Give me a break. He can still throw a great deep ball, and what do you think he'll be doing most of the time?

I'm sorry, but if you know football, as far as talent-wise, Moss is better. Ironically, the top two WR's in the league are both headcases.

I thought Pollard was with the Texans. The Raiders have Teyo Johnson at TE. And don't forget the Raiders have Randall Williams. :D

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jay said:
You will see this year why Moss is better. He's happy in Oakland, and I see him having an amazing year this year.

I'd rather have Moss as well.

:)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I can't stand him but anyone who thinks Moss is better is nuts.

Moss is better IMO. You weren't around during those thanksgiving games. TO's never had games like those.

jem88

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I can't stand him but anyone who thinks Moss is better is nuts.
This is a bit much. I'd take Moss and to claim it's a clear cut decision is, in itself, 'nuts'.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
people wont like it, but I'd bet just about all I own that Owens has been doing steroids for several seasons...

look at what he looks like now and how much faster he is now compared to when he came in the league...then think Barry Bonds

dude's jacked up on roids...I have no doubt at all

David

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
TO drops too many passes to be better than Moss.
Well, you're going into a critical game and you want a clutch player, a 'money' player so to speak, one who is going to not just play his best in that game, but is going to OUTDO his personal best.

That player is TO.

Not Moss.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Well, you're going into a critical game and you want a clutch player, a 'money' player so to speak, one who is going to not just play his best in that game, but is going to OUTDO his personal best.

That player is TO.

Not Moss.

honestly, whats TO done in big games? he really hasnt been in many...

sure you'll say "look at the super bowl"...but the Pats were playing 2nd and 3rd string DB's out there...he should have done what he did

David

jem88

Reaction score
Honestly, I think Torry Holt is better than T.O. His last few seasons in S.F. was an alligator arm exhibition.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I enjoy seeing TO do well in the pre-season, all the more leverage when his antics start on Monday Night Football in September.

I'll take your side LTN, I think Owens is better. Randy has more potential, but he doesn't have the same work ethic.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
honestly, whats TO done in big games? he really hasnt been in many...

sure you'll say "look at the super bowl"...but the Pats were playing 2nd and 3rd string DB's out there...he should have done what he did

David

The Pats were also flooding the zones with multi dbs, and their Law and Pooleless secondary was good enough to get there and win it, not to mention how their backers can handle coverage assignments..that was no average D, it never is with the Pats, tho some still don't get the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts idea.

I'd take Brady over Manning too...in a heartbeat, altho I know who has far greater "talent".

Moss is an obscene level of a receiver.

Owens is a footbal player.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

he's also probably the biggest cancer in the league...

he isnt a winner in my books and like I said, I think he's clearly juiced up bigtime on roids

David

jem88

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
The Pats were also flooding the zones with multi dbs, and their Law and Pooleless secondary was good enough to get there and win it, not to mention how their backers can handle coverage assignments..that was no average D, it never is with the Pats, tho some still don't get the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts idea.

I'd take Brady over Manning too...in a heartbeat, altho I know who has far greater "talent".

Moss is an obscene level of a receiver.

No, Michael Irvin is a football player. T.O. is an extremely talented receiver who consistently alienates teammates and has been known to short-arm passes, something 'football players' like Irvin, Rice, Harrison, Holt rarely if ever do (did.) Both T.O. and Moss have their issues but Moss changes games more than T.O.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
I enjoy seeing TO do well in the pre-season, all the more leverage when his antics start on Monday Night Football in September.

I'll take your side LTN, I think Owens is better. Randy has more potential, but he doesn't have the same work ethic.
Well, I dislike them both as people and as 'team-mates', but TO's brand of egocentrism more often plays to the team goal. I don't think he's any less selfish than Moss, and I do think he's a few degrees nuttier, but he'd be my pick when it counted.

Frankly, I hope Porter outshines Moss this year, and TO throws the ultimate hissy fit so Reid has no choice but to suspend hm. :laugh2:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Randy is faster

Randy is taller

Randy can jump higher

Randy has better hands

Randy runs over law enforcement officers better

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jem88 said:
No, Michael Irvin is a football player. T.O. is an extremely talented receiver who consistently alienates teammates and has been known to short-arm passes, something 'football players' like Irvin, Rice, Harrison, Holt rarely if ever do (did.) Both T.O. and Moss have their issues but Moss changes games more than T.O.
I disagree that Owen isn't 'a football player'.

Physical, fearless, skilled, and competitive to the bone.

He's every bit of a football player.

He just isn't a team player.

But his ego can and does work to the greater good despite himself.

Which is why the Eagles will try to harness it once again.