64 yard TD!!!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack, TO had 3 TD grabs week one last year, so he's had some great games, but I agree, Moss is better, and the thing is, he's not even trying, that's scary, glad he moved out of the NFC...

jem88

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Well, I dislike them both as people and as 'team-mates', but TO's brand of egocentrism more often plays to the team goal.
What like shunning teammates in practice this year? How about criticizing the coach after a loss, like he did when the 49ers lost to the Bears (a game where he coughed up the ball, leading to the Bears' winning TD)? Or perhaps reaming out the QB, OC on the sidelines builds team chemistry? Not to mention questioning the fitness level of your QB (this year with McNabb.) Of course, Moss has his moments, but I'll bet that the QBs and OCs he's played for, think far more of him than T.O.'s past and current associates think of T.O.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Randy is faster

Randy is taller

Randy can jump higher

Randy has better hands

Randy runs over law enforcement officers better
Randy is indeed, more talented.

But it's that fateful day, the big one on the line, I go with TO.

Odd as it sounds, the lunatic has winning intangibles Moss lacks.

Now let me go purge for saying anything good of either of these jerks. :D

jem88

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Randy is indeed, more talented.

But it's that fateful day, the big one on the line, I go with TO.

Odd as it sounds, the lunatic has winning intangibles Moss lacks.

Now let me go purge for saying anything good of either of these jerks. :D
Not to draw out this discussion, but what winning intangibles does T.O. bring? The Eagles won their playoff games without him and he hardly carried S.F. on his shoulders (at least not in his last few years.) To me T.O. was incredible in 2000 (Rice's last year, which may not be purely coincidence.)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jem88 said:
What like shunning teammates in practice this year? How about criticizing the coach after a loss, like he did when the 49ers lost to the Bears (a game where he coughed up the ball, leading to the Bears' winning TD)? Or perhaps reaming out the QB, OC on the sidelines builds team chemistry? Not to mention questioning the fitness level of your QB (this year with McNabb.) Of course, Moss has his moments, but I'll bet that the QBs and OCs he's played for, think far more of him than T.O.'s past and current associates think of T.O.

We all know what a distraction the man is. How egomaniacal and vain, how narcissistic and selfish.

But on game day, he brings it.

With a verve and aggression Moss never does.

Now that energy of Owens' may be part and parcel of his egocentrism, and not a tad of it 'team' related.

But it's also contagious..his synergy makes the players around him play better, look better, strive more..he is a football player, unconsciously, perhaps even unintentionally, while Moss, talented as he is, exists on an island.

jem88

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
But it's also contagious..his synergy makes the players around him play better, look better, strive more..
Like Pinkston and Mitchell last year? In fact, I can't think of any WR stepping up opposite Owens.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
honestly, whats TO done in big games? he really hasnt been in many...

sure you'll say "look at the super bowl"...but the Pats were playing 2nd and 3rd string DB's out there...he should have done what he did

David
TO has one of the biggest big game clutch catches of all time. Remember the classic playoff game between the Packers and the Niners? That will be a highlight forever.

BTW, he is 5 for 131 yds and a TD tonite.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jem88 said:
Like Pinkston and Mitchell last year? In fact, I can't think of any WR stepping up opposite Owens.
The Philadelphia Eagles feed off this man's energy. I am talking about the entire team's level of play when he is on the field, regardless of any individual's shortcoming. It is a Ray Lewis-like phenomenon.

Watch closely some time, the dynamics of TO's presence.

It is as tangible as Farve's, tho a sort of evil twin to it. :D

Owens is a force, a wacky one, but a force. Charmismatic and so brimming with confidence it is contagious.

Moss is but a shadow of Owens' sun.

We won't convince each other obviously, but my point is don't sell Owens short.

Like the Pats, he is more than the sum of his parts.

Much more.

Now.... BARF! :laugh2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
The Philadelphia Eagles feed off this man's energy. I am talking about the entire team's level of play when he is on the field, regardless of any individual's shortcoming. It is a Ray Lewis-like phenomenon.

Watch closely some time, the dynamics of TO's presence.

It is as tangible as Farve's, tho a sort of evil twin to it. :D

Owens is a force, a wacky one, but a force. Charmismatic and so brimming with confidence it is contagious.

Moss is but a shadow of Owens' sun.

We won't convince each other obviously, but my point is don't sell Owens short.

Like the Pats, he is more than the sum of his parts.

Much more.

Now.... BARF! :laugh2:

I agree but do you have to be so freakin eloquent with this guy!!!!!!!!! BARF

:blech:

ravidubey

Reaction score
TO catches passes across the middle and can make awkward low catches on crossing patterns as well as the high ones that make the highlight reels. What's more special is that TO keeps his balance and can thus keep running at good speed after the catch and in traffic. Moss is more of a specialized breakaway threat while TO is the total package. Moss gets bored when the offense stops calling deep passes. TO expects the ball from every pattern-- he definitely doesn't look bored (except when Jeff Garcia wasn't throwing him the football).

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Danny White said:
TO has one of the biggest big game clutch catches of all time. Remember the classic playoff game between the Packers and the Niners? That will be a highlight forever.

wasnt that also the same game he dropped a couple of other easy tds?

1 out of 3...whooppeee!!!!

David

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
I'm gonna move this soon, but OMG... Did anybody see that TD from McNabb to TO I'm jealous... :bang2:

I saw it -- but I'm not going to get too excited about that type of action play against the Bengals! But, we'll take it anyway.:cool:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jem88 said:
This is a bit much. I'd take Moss and to claim it's a clear cut decision is, in itself, 'nuts'.

I guess that is really the bottom line in all of this.