Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

aikemirv

Reaction score
..and this one has some glow in the dark elements to it.
The NFL is full of niche rb’s. There is nothing wrong with that at all-just think about KC use of McKinnon. If he could give you something like that it is great addition

rambo2

Reaction score
I think that Turpin might not make the team because Vaughn can return kicks and get snaps on offense. The last 2 receiver positions are up for grabs and whoever gets one of those spots will have to make the team. You have Lamb, Cooks, Gallup, and whoever makes it as the 4 and 5. The 7th round rookie for sure can play special teams. He might make it and then the last spot is wide open for whoever makes it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think that Turpin might not make the team because Vaughn can return kicks and get snaps on offense. The last 2 receiver positions are up for grabs and whoever gets one of those spots will have to make the team. You have Lamb, Cooks, Gallup, and whoever makes it as the 4 and 5. The 7th round rookie for sure can play special teams. He might make it and then the last spot is wide open for whoever makes it.
A team needs two people for kick off and punt returns...due to wear and tear.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Because he wont sniff those wide open 70+ yard runs in the nfl.

That bama game he averaged 2.3 yards a carry after taking out the big run. So he did basically nothing.

Im sure I could go through most of his games and see a similar pattern. Hilight reels are fun. But the devil is in the details.
Yeah if u take away all of his big plays he's average...LOL what a dumb take.

Reactions: Ken

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Turpin is toast. No way he makes the final roster. He was MVP of the USFL, but the NFL is a far different game. Deuce will learn the same thing. The things he so easily did in college will be far more difficult in the NFL.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Turpin is toast. No way he makes the final roster. He was MVP of the USFL, but the NFL is a far different game. Deuce will learn the same thing. The things he so easily did in college will be far more difficult in the NFL.
We don't have another punt returner who is even average on the team. Turpin isn't going anywhere

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
We don't have another punt returner who is even average on the team. Turpin isn't going anywhere
Even if what you say is true, that is the only thing Turpin gives you. Dallas will use his roster spot for a WR, and use a RB or WR to cover Turpin's duties.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
No he's not...they play different positions and Turpin just made the pro bowl. Turpin isn't going anywhere....

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Based on average yards per return, for 2022 per NFL.com, Turpin ranked:

18th in punt returns
30th in kick-off returns

Just let Deuce do it LOL.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Man, you are working really hard to prove something. No one here is saying he’s going to be a great RB. We just think he was the best back available, and we believe any guy with that much success against big time competition can compete with anyone. We will all see if he can maneuver in the NFL soon enough. No need to poo poo the guy before that.
There’s always one. There was a poster criticizing Parsons performance against San Francisco two years ago.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Me thinks Dallas lucked out on double Deuce and I am happy we got him. I feel he will fit into the back rotation and can be used as safety valve effectively. Hoping they can practice the screen a lot more in order to use him properly. He has quick bursts and great vision getting into the open field. He performed great against very good teams in his college career so i don't question his talent or nit pick on his size.

Reactions: Ken

DanA

Reaction score
Bjon has a career ypc of 6.3

If this thread devolves to comparing Vaughn to Robinson, then all rationality is lost.

Actually, its lost already.

Give me one name of a player his size and speed that was successful in the NFL.

Sproles and Austin are the only two that come to mind. And Austin is even debatable.

Austin was blazing fast and quick. Near world class type of speed. Yet no one could really figure out how to use him.

Sproles was 5'6 190
4.47 40
23 reps
Very productive player. Made a name as returner and bit player on offense.

Vaughn isnt as big or fast as Sproles.

Turpin was a pro bowl returner. Very fast.

Vaughns only shot is to replace Turpin. I dont see it happening. It would be great if he could though.

Dallas actually did a disservice to him. If he went undrafted he could have went to a team that legitimately needed a returner.
Tarik Cohen

Ken

Reaction score
Well take out Bjon longest run also ...right? this is a silly notion it happened why feel the need to try and "Exempt" a play that happened?
Also take away a few of the absolute top defensive talents off Alabama then since Deuce had none around him

Ken

Reaction score
Because he wont sniff those wide open 70+ yard runs in the nfl.

That bama game he averaged 2.3 yards a carry after taking out the big run. So he did basically nothing.

Im sure I could go through most of his games and see a similar pattern. Hilight reels are fun. But the devil is in the details.
Such a weird viewpoint.

He made the play. He also ran tough ramming it against a stout defense.

Are you going to go thru and take all his big plays against top teams too? There is a ton of them....

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I'll be the first to congratulate him if he makes the 53. Sincerely wishing him the best.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Yeah if u take away all of his big plays he's average...LOL what a dumb take.
Yeah, you don't take away big plays because the running game is basically lots of plays where you run into a wall and a much smaller number where they break 1. No player ever has had a game where their average YPC isn't heavily influenced by both sides of the coin.