Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Not a lot of backs like Sproles he was pretty special. Plus he played at around 190 pounds. He was pretty thick.
I would imagine they would try to bulk him up a bit over the next couple of years. He's a 6th rounder, so who knows.

Sydla

Reaction score
Situational guy.

They must be content with Pollard and Jones as their regular ball carriers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
either one just because Duece is small and about 170 doesnt mean he cant run up the gut...

he ran for over 3000 yards in 3 years at K State for a reason
Hell as small as he is he may be a threat in short yardage because of his size.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would imagine they would try to bulk him up a bit over the next couple of years. He's a 6th rounder, so who knows.
I remember several years ago we drafted a back in the seventh round who had 4.3 speed but didn’t have much size and fans went overboard over him. He ended up getting cut in training camp his rookie year.

Bamx

Reaction score
Just to think if he was just around 3-5 inches taller Deuce would probably have been a first round pick. I love these types of picks where the player will prove the doubters wrong.

RogerDodger12

Reaction score
I wouldn’t want him to put on much weight. I am a little surprised he is listed at 180 because he plays a lot bigger. Just let him do his thing because he is super tough and hard to tackle.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Alabama couldn’t catch him. I feel like they have some good athletes..

Good luck finding holes like that in the NFL. That looked like a parting of the Red Sea.

joseephuss

Reaction score
no only will he make the 53 but he will be running it 15 -20 for us and catch some passes too.
I don't think he will get that many rushing attempts per game. Not many running backs get that many rushing attempts per game. I don't think he will get that many combined rushing attempts and receptions per game. He will be a contributor as a change of pace guy and return man. His contribution will not be based on the volume of touches he gets, but on the number of chunk plays he can muster on relatively low amount of touches. I think he is capable and will fit in nicely in the running back group.