Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

Creeper

Reaction score
Whatever he did at KC State can get thrown out the window. The NFL is not KC State. He will not see those huge holes to run through in the NFL and he is going to get hit by bigger stronger faster guys. If this kid makes the team it will be for gimmick plays only, or he has to add about 10 lbs to his frame without losing his quickness. Turpin was a star in the XFL with a lot of players better than college teams. You see how Turpin did not light the league on fire. Deuce won't either. Nothing against the pick, but it is the 6th round where most picks don't make it.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I am a Big12 football fan and watched this kid blow the doors off everyone for two seasons. This player has a skill set that is rare. I think there is no good reason to think it won’t translate onto an NFL field.
So rare that he lasted almost to the 7th round. Got it.

Once again, according to most on this board, NFL talent evaluators just are missing the boat. lol

I certainly wish him well. I hope he proves me and the entire NFL wrong.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Whatever he did at KC State can get thrown out the window. The NFL is not KC State. He will not see those huge holes to run through in the NFL and he is going to get hit by bigger stronger faster guys. If this kid makes the team it will be for gimmick plays only, or he has to add about 10 lbs to his frame without losing his quickness. Turpin was a star in the XFL with a lot of players better than college teams. You see how Turpin did not light the league on fire. Deuce won't either. Nothing against the pick, but it is the 6th round where most picks don't make it.
Well, You can say that about any college player ever. LOL

Bamx

Reaction score
https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/video/highlights-best-of-darren-sproles-16445138

Is all I got to say

Ken

Reaction score
I remember several years ago we drafted a back in the seventh round who had 4.3 speed but didn’t have much size and fans went overboard over him. He ended up getting cut in training camp his rookie year.
Ever hear of a guy named Darren Sproles?

Was an inch bigger but very much the same player.

Big_D

Reaction score
So rare that he lasted almost to the 7th round. Got it.

Once again, according to most on this board, NFL talent evaluators just are missing the boat. lol

I certainly wish him well. I hope he proves me and the entire NFL wrong.
This happens a lot. It’s not an exact science. The most successful football player ever was a 6th rounder!