8 yrs of Garrett. are we better or worse?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
It’s not that simple. We need a new organization. Head coaches are subservient to this organization. Jerry could make it happen but he won’t. He’s proven that he makes the decisions for his team so we end up with weak coaches with restricted authority.
think he was speaking Sarcastically there :) and knows that puppet coach A is no different from puppet coach B

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Until jerry dies nothing has a chance to change. Stephen doesnt make the future look any brighter tho

kevm3

Reaction score
You think Garrett makes personal decisions. At best he is a voice in the room at draft time. But its all up to Jerry

Garrett has had a roster full of pro bowlers and hall of famers
Demarco Murray, Ezekiel Elliott, Jason Witten, Dan Bailey, Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, Demarcus Ware, Martellus Bennett, arguably the best O line in cowboys history, Morris Claiborne is now a shut down corner with the jets,

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Garrett has had a roster full of pro bowlers and hall of famers
Demarco Murray, Ezekiel Elliott, Jason Witten, Dan Bailey, Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, Demarcus Ware, Martellus Bennett, arguably the best O line in cowboys history, Morris Claiborne is now a shut down corner with the jets,

So did Wade Phillip, which went to waste under him. And hey, I'm not saying Garrett is a good coach, what I'm saying is: Unless Jerry is willing to give up a little power again, we won't have a real coach, it doesn't matter who the puppet will be the results will be the same. When players Sidestep the head coach and go directly to Jerry when they feel there is a problem, then you have a real problem in the organization. Players don't respect Puppets because they know ultimately that coach can't fire them or make personal decisions.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
This should be a simple thread with no drama...

Are we a better team after 8 yrs of Jason Garrett as head coach or are we worse?..
We definitely were on the right trajectory with the right approach to team building around the OL and then it all came crashing down hard. I think the plan has actually been a good one. But like most teams, no backup plan when you don’t get good QB play.

Hard to foresee Tyron falling apart at 27, Dak going RGIII and Frederick contracting an Auto Immune Disease.

The plan was built well as long as things stayed on track but had no options for when adversity hit.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We definitely were on the right trajectory with the right approach to team building around the OL and then it all came crashing down hard. I think the plan has actually been a good one. But like most teams, no backup plan when you don’t get good QB play.

Hard to foresee Tyron falling apart at 27, Dak going RGIII and Frederick contracting an Auto Immune Disease.

The plan was built well as long as things stayed on track but had no options for when adversity hit.

Our Teams do always suffer from a lack of depth. We look good, until one of the pieces breaks and there is a huge drop in quality with the replacement piece.

CWR

Reaction score
Well we pissed away Romos career, considering franchise qb is the most difficult position to replace in all of sports I have to say we are worse off.

Not that he wouldn't be gone regardless.

So all things considered who the hell knows lol

kumizi

Reaction score
We are screwed. It takes a drafted QB 2-3 years to be good (or be a bust). And we don't even know if the 2019 draft will have anyone worth investing a high 1st round pick on.

So we are 3-4 years away from a 50/50 chance of being good.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
The same. Let’s face it...all we’ve been doing is going around this cul-de-sac for 22yrs fooling ourselves into thinking that somehow it can be a thru-street anyways. I think it’s now time I finally accept my last therapists suggestion,that I may be suffering from Jerryitis syndrome. Where you lie to yourself into believing,that this time it’s going to work,that the CAPS and drafts and plans are getting a bit better,and we’re on the right road for a championship? She was 100% right...I’ve been lying to myself,and in reality I’m in the neighbors driveway.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Not stating the obvious here, but once again on Sunday what I saw was a Seattle team and HC scheme to beat the cowboys knowing Clapper wouldn't, no couldn't adjust to twist the game in their favor. We saw it all last year starting in Denver. Clapper is just not smart enough, nor have the wits to out coach an opposing head coach. He gets schooled weekly, by coaches that have way more issues and player problems then this team, and might I add talent. Clapper is an utter Failure, grade F

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Garrett is the "perfect" hire for a poorly run organization. The results speak for themselves.