9-7 what is the plan?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
So after reading the other 2 threads I want some opinions and what you would do for 2015? I don't see us winning the next 3 games. I don't like the matchup with the Bears Wrs and obviously I don't think the Eagles win on Thanksgiving was a fluke. Then you have a red hot Luck coming to town and a team with no pass rush that made Mark Sanchez look like a HOF QB.

So what if this team ends 9-7? With the list of FA we have and Romo turning 35 and probably this biggest collapse in franchise history without any major significant season ending injuries what do you do? Fire JG? Draft a QB? I think we will be at a fork in the road and should consider rebuilding. If the Eagles can compete in 1 year with a new coach and multiple QBs why are we wasting time with JG?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You stop pretending that everyone had this team going 14-2 and try again next year.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You stop pretending that everyone had this team going 14-2 and try again next year.

Who had them going 14-2? Expectations changed after a 6-1 start. So what's the plan with all the FA? And a collapse never seen by this organization? Pretty legitimate question

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Being that Jerry is the eternal optimist I'd bet on him re-upping Garrett and pointing out our 6 game winning streak (against losing teams) as a reason for "some real positive signs" and half glass full talk.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Most organizations not at the top of the NFL are plus or minus three games from year to year.

That means they could be 5 win teams or 8 win teams.

So your scenario says that 9 wins is great because everyone thought 6.

Brilliant.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Who had them going 14-2? Expectations changed after a 6-1 start. So what's the plan with all the FA? And a collapse never seen by this organization? Pretty legitimate question

I don't understand this low IQ stuff about a 6-1 start. It makes absolutely no difference what order you compile a record. If we started out the year 2-7 no one would be impressed if we finished the season 6-1. I know this will be hard to understand, but look at the record on the last day of the season and make your judgment from there. The start is irrelevant and anyone with an IQ higher than 35 can see that.

Alexander

Reaction score
Being that Jerry is the eternal optimist I'd bet on him re-upping Garrett and pointing out our 6 game winning streak (against losing teams) as a reason for "some real positive signs" and half glass full talk.

Obviously we can't see what is being built. A team that toils in mediocrity, then registers enough wins to qualify for the playoffs in a normal year but gets screwed by bad luck.

That is how dynasties are built, I guess.

JBS

Reaction score
The Bears definitely pose problems for this team...but if we lose to the bears, the whole staff should get canned..

That team sucks. Period

Hoov

Reaction score
If the team goes 9-7 i wii need a break from cowboys football. And my plan will be to ask someone to email me when the nightmare is over

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I don't understand this low IQ stuff about a 6-1 start. It makes absolutely no difference what order you compile a record. If we started out the year 2-7 no one would be impressed if we finished the season 6-1. I know this will be hard to understand, but look at the record on the last day of the season and make your judgment from there. The start is irrelevant and anyone with an IQ higher than 35 can see that.

lol well here us low hanging fruit guys will explain this in simpler way that you will understand. At 6-1 there is playoff talk and expectations at 2-5 or 2-7 there is no expectation. Can you understand that now? 6-1 to start and not making the playoffs would be the biggest collapse in this Franchises history. So yes it does make a difference

Alexander

Reaction score
I would never suggest looking at wins as the only factor (see NFC South).

And I am sure this will be the mantra. Lamenting about a bad division and how that screwed this year's Cowboy team from getting what it deserved.

Sorry.

We deserve what we get with what we play out with.

If we can't beat the Bears, Eagles, Colts and Commanders to make the playoffs, it is what it is.

Talking about what ifs and so on is nothing but pandering pathetic excuse making.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

Not when you have a team/coach with as many late season collapses as this one has had the last several years. That's the difference.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
lol well here us low hanging fruit guys will explain this in simpler way that you will understand. At 6-1 there is playoff talk and expectations at 2-5 or 2-7 there is no expectation. Can you understand that now? 6-1 to start and not making the playoffs would be the biggest collapse in this Franchises history. So yes it does make a difference

It doesn't make any difference, and please stop embarrassing yourself with this biggest collapse in franchise history nonsense. You're showing your age.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Garrett had this team woefully prepared for the skins and Eagles games. The last Giants game too but Romo bailed him out. Yet Garrett gives interviews telling the world he has created a formula for winning in the NFC East.

He has to go if this collapse continues