9-7 what is the plan?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
So after reading the other 2 threads I want some opinions and what you would do for 2015? I don't see us winning the next 3 games. I don't like the matchup with the Bears Wrs and obviously I don't think the Eagles win on Thanksgiving was a fluke. Then you have a red hot Luck coming to town and a team with no pass rush that made Mark Sanchez look like a HOF QB.

So what if this team ends 9-7? With the list of FA we have and Romo turning 35 and probably this biggest collapse in franchise history without any major significant season ending injuries what do you do? Fire JG? Draft a QB? I think we will be at a fork in the road and should consider rebuilding. If the Eagles can compete in 1 year with a new coach and multiple QBs why are we wasting time with JG?

Draft a QB, DE, CB, DT, RT, LB, and a S.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Let dez and murray walk and cut carr. Sign rice for cheap. Dont need dez since this is a primary run team now. Sign some wrs. Spend the rest on defense. Draft a olineman then the rest of the draft defense.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I see.

So your conviction on what's obviously going to happen and needs to happen is based off of one victory in the win column.

I do. I think 8-8 four years in a row is a really tough sell to the fan base - even for Jerry.

I think 9-7 gives him just enough wiggle room to run with Garrett another year because he can point to "improvement" and he can sell the organizations emphasis on the defensive side of the ball next year.

Remember, at the end of the day, he badly wants Jason to be his Landry.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Let dez and murray walk and cut carr. Sign rice for cheap. Dont need dez since this is a primary run team now. Sign some wrs. Spend the rest on defense. Draft a olineman then the rest of the draft defense.

Not sure if serious?

fifaguy

Reaction score
So after reading the other 2 threads I want some opinions and what you would do for 2015? I don't see us winning the next 3 games. I don't like the matchup with the Bears Wrs and obviously I don't think the Eagles win on Thanksgiving was a fluke. Then you have a red hot Luck coming to town and a team with no pass rush that made Mark Sanchez look like a HOF QB.

So what if this team ends 9-7? With the list of FA we have and Romo turning 35 and probably this biggest collapse in franchise history without any major significant season ending injuries what do you do? Fire JG? Draft a QB? I think we will be at a fork in the road and should consider rebuilding. If the Eagles can compete in 1 year with a new coach and multiple QBs why are we wasting time with JG?

Don't expect major changes or miracles from JJ. Drafting a QB is a good possibility...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
9-7 is improvement enough in Jerry's eyes.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
If the Eagles can compete in 1 year with a new coach and multiple QBs why are we wasting time with JG?

Well, that my friend is a really good question. The pumpers will tell you Red had far less to work with and has done a truly masterful job in rebuilding this talent depleted roster he inherited all the while having the team in contention as this rebuild is taking place. They would have you believe that a roster with an elite QB, a HOF TE and DE and other talented players just wasnt enough to do anything. And Chip Kelly stumbled into a pot of gold with that roster in Philly.

Then you have the non pumpers who would say Red coulda and shoulda done better with what he has had to work with.

Who can say for sure? But people tend to see what they want to see.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do like the thought of maybe going after Ingram though

Yes, it would be best to have veteran in place before going into the draft. I would like to see more of Dunbar and Randle this season to know where they rate as future options. Both have had reasonable success in very limited opportunities. Dunbar had a terrific inside run against the Eagles. I don't know if Murray would have done as well on that particular play.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I am not sure if I spend a pick on anyone from this draft class to play QB outside of Cook who may not declare.
Sign Jake Locker, draft a Wr with speed or sign Randall Cobb, spend all remaining picks on defense and maybe one olineman.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Finish 9-7? The plan is simple: Extend JG, Extend Dez, lock up Linehan for 10 more years, Draft a few TE's in the 2nd and 4th rounds. All fixed.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I do. I think 8-8 four years in a row is a really tough sell to the fan base - even for Jerry.

I think 9-7 gives him just enough wiggle room to run with Garrett another year because he can point to "improvement" and he can sell the organizations emphasis on the defensive side of the ball next year.

Remember, at the end of the day, he badly wants Jason to be his Landry.

9-7 would put JJ in a tough position. I'm sure Garrett's next contract, he will want 5 years, guaranteed. So, no way JJ can run with him for just one year and be on the hook of paying two coaches, if he has to fire JG. It will be an interesting January if they finish 8-8 or 9-7.

Gaede

Reaction score
Finish 9-7? The plan is simple: Extend JG, Extend Dez, lock up Linehan for 10 more years, Draft a few TE's in the 2nd and 4th rounds. All fixed.

Don't forget to change defensive coordinators and draft a backup in the 4th round!