9-7 what is the plan?

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
really, I think Garretts strength is motivation and we've seen it since his been the HC
adjustments might be another issue I can't say. Red will be re upped I think that is
a given. Lets see have the team plays out the year.
They do play hard for JG and I think he does OK motivating on a daily basis, I guess I'm looking for more of a" coach em up on the sidelines guy" and not just a clapper (not trying to be cheap there) agreed though, let's see how it plays out

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
On offense they have to get a legit backup QB. I assume that Romo will be better after a full off-season without surgery.

On defense they need a dynamic pass rushing DE. They need to replace Carr at CB with a mid-tier free agent and add a CB from the draft. They need a legit 1-tech but I think Josh Brent with Bishop as a backup can upgrade that position. If not, a 1-tech that is better than Hayden shouldn't be that hard to find.

Do you let Dez walk? How about Murray? What do you do at WR regardless of what we do with Dez? This could be a very interesting offseason for this club. I hope Carr goes we got suckered into that one! Yikes!

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Jerry would think "I passed over a Manziel type player for a meat and potatoes guy that everyone liked and the team still barely eclipsed .500."

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you let Dez walk? How about Murray? What do you do at WR regardless of what we do with Dez? This could be a very interesting offseason for this club. I hope Carr goes we got suckered into that one! Yikes!

Franchise Dez. The tag is less than he wants per season on a new contract.

Designate Carr a June 1st cut and sign a mid-tier free agent or give Revis a big 1-year contract. He is the 1 player that seems to like playing on a 1-year contract.

I don't know about Murray. I think a lot of RBs would do well with the OLine. If he gets a huge contract offer then let him move on. Pick up a mid-tier veteran and consider drafting a RB.

waving monkey

Reaction score
On offense they have to get a legit backup QB. I assume that Romo will be better after a full off-season without surgery.

On defense they need a dynamic pass rushing DE. They need to replace Carr at CB with a mid-tier free agent and add a CB from the draft. They need a legit 1-tech but I think Josh Brent with Bishop as a backup can upgrade that position. If not, a 1-tech that is better than Hayden shouldn't be that hard to find.

It more likely that things would get worse if Jerry hired a new Head Coach. Garrett has learned to minimize Jerry's impact on the football operations. Jerry could jump in and make a mess while a new HC is coming up to speed on how to work with Jerry.

Thats a lot of positional needs plus all the FA we have to resign. I doubt we can get all that covered.
In todays reality teams aren't completely filled out. I do see us getting DE,CB and hopefully a back up QB.
Mainly I hope we can keep Nellie in the fold

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are currently one game out from having the best record in pro football.
I think I'll wait until they crash and burn before speculating what that means.

Nothing wrong with fans speculating but I can't disagree and despite my "realist" tone in this thread I think you make a great point

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Franchise Dez. The tag is less than he wants per season on a new contract.

Designate Carr a June 1st cut and sign a mid-tier free agent or give Revis a big 1-year contract. He is the 1 player that seems to like playing on a 1-year contract.

I don't know about Murray. I think a lot of RBs would do well with the OLine. If he gets a huge contract offer then let him move on. Pick up a mid-tier veteran and consider drafting a RB.

I do like the thought of maybe going after Ingram though

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are currently one game out from having the best record in pro football.

Nothing wrong with having a discussion though

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

tis is true....
let the games begin... see what the team is made of... see what garrett is made of.... again......

If it's tissue paper, it has to be addressed..... now how the addressing is done is a whole different debate

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Are you serious?

There are a lot of reasons.

That was just a shell game with the record and so on.

It only happens that way when you sit back and think you got it figured out.

Look, this season is not over.

We could beat the crap out of Chicago and steamroll Philly.

But honestly, I just don't see this team's character that way.

That is the real deal, I just think we lack championship character.

We definitely got .500 character.

Dad let's us drive slow on the drive way.

Definitely got that.

Yes I'm serious if we finish 9-7 we have to fire Garrett. Finishing 3-6 is unacceptable after starting 6-1.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
9-7 is as good as 8-8 this year considering we'd most certainly be out of playoff contention if we're going into the final week 8-7.

I'd actually bet good money Jerruh would make his decision about Garrett prior to that final game so there won't be much to debate.

Me I'd go after Jimbo Fisher. He wins games, recognizes EJ Manuel would suck in the NFL and kills bats with his bare hands. I'd also target Cody Kessler if he comes out this year

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014...-killed-a-bat-with-his-bare-hands-in-practice

Man, that guy calls the offensive plays at FSU..... That guy called a long developing pass play, with two deep routes on third and two after having success with the run all drive... winston took a 5 step drop and ate it, taking them out of field goal position... His play calling have to improve in the NFL....

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Man, that guy calls the offensive plays at FSU..... That guy called a long developing pass play, with two deep routes on third and two after having success with the run all drive... winston took a 5 step drop and ate it, taking them out of field goal position... His play calling have to improve in the NFL....

They still won though even with JW throwing what 4 picks? I'm a Gator fan and that was ugly! Harris going 0-6 on a drive to win? Yikes man I give Jimbo credit

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
They still won though even with JW throwing what 4 picks? I'm a Gator fan and that was ugly! Harris going 0-6 on a drive to win? Yikes man I give Jimbo credit

He's a great recruiter, and a great motivator... he keeps winning, and he will have a shot at whatever path he wants.
Harris gonna be a good one, he's just a baby.... Gators got a good future ahead.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He's a great recruiter, and a great motivator... he keeps winning, and he will have a shot at whatever path he wants.
Harris gonna be a good one, he's just a baby.... Gators got a good future ahead.

We need a coach though and I don't want Shanny... We will see Will ruined Jeff man he was going to be a good one as well. Matt Jones was a beast and we have Fred's kid man. So we got some players we will see what happens. I'm not sure who is going to declare yet either but being a Gator fan is always a riot