9-Yr-Old Boy Attacks Toddlers In Violent Rampage At Daycare w/vid of the attacks

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Rynie;4633902 said:
Dude, are you serious? I don't have kids, but imagine if you saw a video of your INFANT daughter being KICKED by a big kid (to her). I'd be in such a RAGE, that yeah...I'd go to jail. I've never even noticed your posts until the Rob Ryan thread...you've managed to become the most ANNOYING poster in a day's span. Congratulations.

That is ok, I don't even notice your posts now.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4633881 said:
Does it matter? No matter why he's with them, still no valid excuse for that behavior.

And? STILL no valid excuse for that behavior.

STILL not a valid reason for that behavior.

I was not validating his behavor. He shoud be accountable for hurting other children, but the resposibility is not his alone.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I kind of feel bad for the DayCare worker. Obviously she wasn't the most alert caretaker in the world, but who in their right mind would suspect a 9 year old is drop kicking kids, chocking them and then pretending to comfort them when their back is turned?

She had no idea she was in the room with a kid that troubled, who is clearly in need of help.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
$100 bucks says that kid has never met his father, lives with his mother and grandmother and both treat him much the same way he treated those other kids.

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4634045 said:
$100 bucks says that kid has never met his father, lives with his mother and grandmother and both treat him much the same way he treated those other kids.

Still doesn't excuse what he did.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
First of all, a 9 year old is too old for daycare. Usually, you go from infant to 5-6 year old. Second, they are supposed to be in separate rooms based on ages.

This child and the daycare have serious issues. You don't want to read about another James Bulger incident.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Phrozen Phil;4633954 said:
I was not validating his behavor. He shoud be accountable for hurting other children, but the resposibility is not his alone.

Agreed. That little boy and his parents/guardians should get the same treatment that boy gave to those little kids.

The30YardSlant;4634054 said:
Not at all, just saying his situation is as predictable as the tides.

Agreed.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Joe Realist;4634051 said:
First of all, a 9 year old is too old for daycare. Usually, you go from infant to 5-6 year old. Second, they are supposed to be in separate rooms based on ages.

This child and the daycare have serious issues. You don't want to read about another James Bulger incident.

problem is at 9 you are considered too young to go home by yourself so what is the parent supposed to do with a 9 year old

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Joe Realist;4634051 said:

:confused:

Say what? How is a nine year old, "too old" for daycare in your mind? They have daycare programs for kids up to their teen years even.

Some families, both parents have to work for them to get by, its sad, but its reality. Would you rather leave a 9 year old home alone by themselves? I wouldn't.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4634161 said:
problem is at 9 you are considered too young to go home by yourself so what is the parent supposed to do with a 9 year old

Another hundred bucks says this boy's mother had no business having him in the first place.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4634168 said:
Some families, both parents have to work for them to get by, its sad, but its reality. Would you rather leave a 9 year old home alone by themselves? I wouldn't.

Yes, but context clues will lead any rational observer to conclude that this is almost certainly not the case here.

I've volunteered in places like that and with kids like that, and the story is almost always the same and represents a sad cycle that an unfortunately large portion of our society perpetuates.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4634170 said:
Yes, but context clues will lead any rational observer to conclude that this is almost certainly not the case here.

I've volunteered in places like that and with kids like that, and the story is almost always the same and represents a sad cycle that an unfortunately large portion of our society perpetuates.

I didn't imply anywhere in my post that i felt that was the case here. I was simply replying to a poster that said 9 is too old for daycare.

phillycard

Reaction score
Rynie;4633902 said:
Dude, are you serious? I don't have kids, but imagine if you saw a video of your INFANT daughter being KICKED by a big kid (to her). I'd be in such a RAGE, that yeah...I'd go to jail. I've never even noticed your posts until the Rob Ryan thread...you've managed to become the most ANNOYING poster in a day's span. Congratulations.

Rynie, I have to agree with you my man. I do have a son, and although I'm the most peaceful, non confrontational parent, if I witnessed something like that, I'd have to be calmed down on the spot from hurting something. I protect my family at ALL costs. (Love the avatar btw)

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4634168 said:
:confused:

Say what? How is a nine year old, "too old" for daycare in your mind? They have daycare programs for kids up to their teen years even.

You make a good point, but perhaps a program for school age kids needs to be separate from a program for toddlers/infants. We have separate after school programs during the school year and Day Camps in the summer time. I was able to refer some kids to a summer Karate Day camp which kept them busy, focused, moving and exhausted at the end of each day.

=The30YardSlant] Another hundred bucks says this boy's mother had no business having him in the first place.

You have to take a test to get a driver's license, but all you need to have children is functioning equipment. Good parents don't get to be good parents by default. I don't have a lot of info on this child's mother, but the interview with the reporter din't demonstrate much insight.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Phrozen Phil;4634737 said:
You make a good point, but perhaps a program for school age kids needs to be separate from a program for toddlers/infants. We have separate after school programs during the school year and Day Camps in the summer time. I was able to refer some kids to a summer Karate Day camp which kept them busy, focused, moving and exhausted at the end of each day.

You have to take a test to get a driver's license, but all you need to have children is functioning equipment. Good parents don't get to be good parents by default. I don't have a lot of info on this child's mother, but the interview with the reporter din't demonstrate much insight.

I think it depends on what type of daycare program it is, but i would certainly agree that is something that could prevent this type of situation. I think the bigger issue is daycare attendants, actually being attentive.

Boys122

Reaction score
It's a shame, and it's not just the kids fault, it's his parents too.

Obviously that kid has a disfuntional home.

rkell87

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;4633807 said:
I believe one of the articles I've read on it today stated that it was time for kids to leave so they were all gathered together.

I'm quoting this because people are still arguing over the kids being in the same room, plus it might explain why the worker was looking out of the window...you know, to see who is pulling up so she can get the child ready for the parents?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
rkell87;4635390 said:
I'm quoting this because people are still arguing over the kids being in the same room, plus it might explain why the worker was looking out of the window...you know, to see who is pulling up so she can get the child ready for the parents?

Yeah, that makes sense. Let me look out the window while I'm hearing some young kids crying and screaming like they are getting hurt.

Gotta watch out for who's coming and just let crying kids be kids.

:rolleyes: