A&M Leaving Big 12

jimmy40

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4075914 said:
If I was the AD for TCU I would be pushing for it. They get upset because the can win every game and not have a chance for a National Title, if they really want a chance at the brass ring here is the oppertunity. I would say the same for Boise St. Make a push to join the Big 12
Isn't TCU going to the Big Least next year? Seems like a guaranteed chance at the brass ring.

hookemhorns72

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4075914 said:
If I was the AD for TCU I would be pushing for it. They get upset because the can win every game and not have a chance for a National Title, if they really want a chance at the brass ring here is the oppertunity. I would say the same for Boise St. Make a push to join the Big 12

My problem with Beebe. He should be more aggressive in going out and getting these schools (TCU, BSU etc!). I'm not sure TCU wants any part of UT, OU and OSU on their schedule. They can have their run of the Big Least.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
jimmy40;4075933 said:
Isn't TCU going to the Big Least next year? Seems like a guaranteed chance at the brass ring.

Yeah they're in the Big East next year. They joined that specifically to have a shot at getting BCS eligible and to have a better shot at getting those chances.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I still argue, that with the SEC being such a dominant conference, they will quickly start getting better recruits than what they are able to get now.

They will be on TV weekly playing power house schools, and have the allure of playing in the SEC. IMO, players will go there since it's the only school in TX in the SEC. They will steal several of the Texas players LSU typically gets.

Just my two cents.

jimmy40

Reaction score
hookemhorns72;4075938 said:
My problem with Beebe. He should be more aggressive in going out and getting these schools (TCU, BSU etc!). I'm not sure TCU wants any part of UT, OU and OSU on their schedule. They can have their run of the Big Least.
I don't think UT, OU and OSU want any part of TCU recruiting the Dallas area as part of the Big 12 either.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Muhast;4075960 said:
I still argue, that with the SEC being such a dominant conference, they will quickly start getting better recruits than what they are able to get now.

They will be on TV weekly playing power house schools, and have the allure of playing in the SEC. IMO, players will go there since it's the only school in TX in the SEC. They will steal several of the Texas players LSU typically gets.

Just my two cents.
worked for Arkansas.

hookemhorns72

Reaction score
Muhast;4075960 said:

Just my two cents.

I agree to a certain point. A&M will have to lower their academic standards. Offering degrees like basket weaving as majors in order to pull those recruits from lsu and some of the other sec schools. All of lsu's most recent championships have had a Texas native playing a major role. 2003 Addi 2007 Flynn.

hookemhorns72

Reaction score
jimmy40;4075961 said:
I don't think UT, OU and OSU want any part of TCU recruiting the Dallas area as part of the Big 12 either.

True. But let's face it if TCU, OU and UT offer a talented kid the same opportunity, who do you think he will pick?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
hookemhorns72;4075981 said:
I agree to a certain point. A&M will have to lower their academic standards. Offering degrees like basket weaving as majors in order to pull those recruits from lsu and some of the other sec schools. All of lsu's most recent championships have had a Texas native playing a major role. 2003 Addi 2007 Flynn.

I don't think they will be extremely competitive for a while, but I think longterm they will slowly take recruits from UT/Okla/LSU a few recruits at a time.

It's the SEC, they are the hot conference right now.

hookemhorns72

Reaction score
Muhast;4076014 said:
I don't think they will be extremely competitive for a while, but I think longterm they will slowly take recruits from UT/Okla/LSU a few recruits at a time.

It's the SEC, they are the hot conference right now.

No doubt.

jimmy40

Reaction score
hookemhorns72;4075993 said:
How long did it take for AR to be a contender in the sec? 10+ years?
sarcasm just doesn't work in print. I have to remember that.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
jimmy40;4076172 said:
sarcasm just doesn't work in print. I have to remember that.

jimmy40 in the house.

Lookin forward to some SMACK talk this year.

Prepare yourselves. :laugh1:

jimmy40

Reaction score
Dallas;4076215 said:
jimmy40 in the house.

Lookin forward to some SMACK talk this year.

Prepare yourselves. :laugh1:
your going down hard, we have Garrett Gilbert back at QB and....well...uh...ah screw it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Muhast;4075960 said:

Just my two cents.

Totally agree. If I'm a top Texas recruit, I want to play in the marquee league in the country, not the lame Pac-12/16.

And the difference between this and Arkansas is that when Arkansas left, they lost all ties to Texas. Texas A&M obviously doesn't have that problem.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
hookemhorns72;4075981 said:

What pure garbage.