A Brand Spankin' New Kellen

kskboys

Reaction score
So much blame for Garrett who had very little control on what Moore actually called during the game. Garrett was more involved with the game plan and that seemed to boost their performance at the end of 2018. But I'm not sure why he gets so much hate for a guy who put together a top offe ce for most of the last 10 years using an u drafted guy and a 4Th round pick. What's Mike done without a HOF QB? Rodgers wasn't a killer running the called play. His best moves were after plays break down thus the making whatever miked called useless.
You know this how?

kskboys

Reaction score
I would agree he was held back by Garrett. I would also agree he had a decent first season as OC. I also firmly believe McCarthy is an excellent play caller so Moore will learn a lot from him.
Agree. To me, this is very obvious. I find it very strange the slant some are reaching so hard for. Very strange agenda stuff.

kskboys

Reaction score
Still not in Moore camp. Sean Payton and Belichick played him like the 1st year OC he was and he was totally lost.
What has this guy done to make him the genius that some on here claim?
IDK, not judge him on his first year of playcalling wherein he was thrust in way too early and had terrible guidance?

What has he done to turn you against him?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So much blame for Garrett who had very little control on what Moore actually called during the game. Garrett was more involved with the game plan and that seemed to boost their performance at the end of 2018. But I'm not sure why he gets so much hate for a guy who put together a top offe ce for most of the last 10 years using an u drafted guy and a 4Th round pick. What's Mike done without a HOF QB? Rodgers wasn't a killer running the called play. His best moves were after plays break down thus the making whatever miked called useless.
But that doesn’t support the negative rhetoric from the Lynch Mob. Who would we blame if didn’t gang up on Garrett?

Everyone appears to need someone to blame when it’s probably a collective effort with blame to go around.

Point is , we really don’t know. Many blamed Garrett whether it was Linehan or Moore. Some blamed Dak. Others used to blame Romo. I’d lean towards a collective effort.

fredp22

Reaction score
IDK, not judge him on his first year of playcalling wherein he was thrust in way too early and had terrible guidance?

a genius shouldnt need to be taught-they should be teaching other coaches something. I saw nothing from him to separate him from any other OC in the league. It was so bad that at times announcers called him out (NO and NE games). thats rare.

What has he done to turn me against him? Hes been labeled a genius- I keep asking why but noone can give me a reason. Can u answer (not trying to give u hard time) why is this guy a genius? Like Garrett he's someone Jerry wants to make into being great by just saying so. You cant take an average person and make them great just because of longevity in a position. Shula, Landry, Walsh, Gibbs, were geniuses. Moore is a jag

anyone-why is he considered a genius?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Can understand why they kept Kellen, the offense produced a lot of yards. However, the situational play calling and red zone efficiency weren't great at times. Also the slow starts what's up with that? Hopefully McCarthy can help in those areas.

kskboys

Reaction score
a genius shouldnt need to be taught-they should be teaching other coaches something. I saw nothing from him to separate him from any other OC in the league. It was so bad that at times announcers called him out (NO and NE games). thats rare.

What has he done to turn me against him? Hes been labeled a genius- I keep asking why but noone can give me a reason. Can u answer (not trying to give u hard time) why is this guy a genius? Like Garrett he's someone Jerry wants to make into being great by just saying so. You cant take an average person and make them great just because of longevity in a position. Shula, Landry, Walsh, Gibbs, were geniuses. Moore is a jag

Mo knows the game of football, hence the "genius" term. He wrote his own playbook in HS. Very impressive.

Now, even if he's a genius at playcalling, he still needs to learn the NFL game and the nuances of working against NFL caliber D's and their DC's.

Geniuses also have to learn, they don't automatically know.

Moore shows every sign of not being a JAG, and in fact being the complete opposite. There is a very good chance that Mo will be good w/ an experienced playcaller like McC to guide him.

And to cite examples, both Belichick and Landry failed for 5 years or so before the "got it". It takes time, even for the very best, especially when considering Mo was thrust into this position way before he was ready. And even then, at times his playcalling was brilliant. Of course, if you're looking for signs in the negative, you can find those also.

nobody

Reaction score

I'm not a huge Moore fan, but I'm not against him... Genius or not, he was thrown in too early and for some inexplicable reason I've soured on the promote them early and let them learn on the job mentality. But that's not on him. That's on those who put him in the position. Hopefully things get better with Garrett (and his playbook )gone.

Dre11

Reaction score
McCarthy was given full authority to pick his coaches. Moore was an obvious choice to keep.

no he wasn't, McCarthy was his own coordinator and called his own plays and said as much.

cern

Reaction score

You're taking the word "genius " too literally. I suppose creative would be better. Jimmy Johnson was a genius and has the IQ to prove it. The 4 aforementioned were creative coaches. And they had the advantage of being able to coach before free agency and salary caps.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I imagine it’s a possibility that Moore could be a terrific play caller and our QB isn’t able to execute all of the plays.

Id have to think like with any coaching their success relies much on the talent executing and the opposing talent and coaching attempting to stop it.

Landry always said it was about execution and the defenses ability to anticipate and react.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You know this how?

Which part?

We know Garrett along with other positional coaches and Moore took more control of the game plan the last 4 games of 2018. Multiple sources including garret himself.

We know Garrett wanted to call his own plays in 2019 but was over ruled by Jerry.

We don't know exactly how much I put he had during the week.

We do know Garrett doesn't get too much involved on game day except things like goinng for it, clock management etc. He has always let the other coaches do their job even when they were bad at it. Like when he didn't insist his best receivers were on the field.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Is it bad that Kellen Moore is actually by favorite person on this team and he’s not even a player?

This thread has my stamp of approval.

:thumbup:

Dre11

Reaction score
I imagine it’s a possibility that Moore could be a terrific play caller and our QB isn’t able to execute all of the plays.

Id have to think like with any coaching their success relies much on the talent executing and the opposing talent and coaching attempting to stop it.

Landry always said it was about execution and the defenses ability to anticipate and react.

they don't understand execution around here. a coaches rep is dependent on it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im not sold on KM yet. Last season at times our offense looked confused and lost in critical moments and seemed to struggle to keep drives going. The fact that we were behind so much playing catchup to other teams prevent D contributed to our high offensive numbers.I hope it was ALL Garretts fault but we shall see.

It's on the position coaches if players are confused or lost. It's on the Head Coach is those position coaches are failing.

A rookie Offensive Coordinator had his hands full designing the game-plan and calling the plays. The position coaches have to get the players to execute the plays.