A Brand Spankin' New Kellen

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Coordinator of the month, wasn’t that long ago half this board wanted Richard as the new coach. Moore has a lot to prove. Pump the brakes as a wise man once said.

GMO415

Reaction score
Uh.... he'll be wearing a choke chain. It's MM's offense

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You have a sickness, it has nothing to do with
being a Garrett lover, and not was not obvious it had anything to do with Garrett, especially when everyone and himself told you countless times it wasn't.

True, Garrett lovers certainly didnt see it as obvious and those that cant see it. However most it was obvious.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
it changed because Jerry probably told him Kellen was calling the plays

That's a theory. Personally, I dont buy it. I think he was smart enough to see a great young talent at OC when he sees one. Moore will keep things new, moderin, and creative.

Dre11

Reaction score
That's a theory. Personally, I dont buy it. I think he was smart enough to see a great young talent at OC when he sees one. Moore will keep things new, moderin, and creative.

Jerry literally told Moore he was OC in 2019 and he had his back, what makes you that changed after 1 season .

SSoup

Reaction score
Cant wait to see what he will do in his 2nd season with more rope to do as he likes and under the guidance of a REAL offensive mind in MM.
Controversial statement: If you look strictly at their times as offensive coordinators, I don't know that the results or reality back up the idea that McCarthy is the better pure offensive mind. When he was only allowed to handle the offense and nothing else, he wasn't better at that than Jason was.

I'll buy that the results after they became head coaches clearly show McCarthy is the better leader or head coach. But if I was hiring an offensive coordinator (in a scenario where I've already got a great head coach handling the leadership and big-picture stuff) and I had to choose between Jason or Mike purely to run the offense and nothing else, not sure McCarthy is the pick.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the offense was really good last season. Defense was disappointing given its promise the year before, and ST were bad.

SSoup

Reaction score
I still think its an odd situation because all we heard from McCarthy on lessons he learned from being fired was that he would call his plays at his next stop. That went out the window when...
Wade Phillips got canned in Buffalo because he dug in his heels and refused to fire his special teams coordinator when the team told him to do it. That's how important determining his own staff was to him once upon a time. And then he spent a minute on the outside looking in, and he came here and had another head coaching job dangled in front of him, and his determination to decide his own staff went out the window too.

These guys find themselves on the outside looking in after getting fired, and they hear the branch creak under them. And suddenly they're willing to scramble and make concessions to get any job again. It's normal.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO, that's what we're going to see this season. I think the kid was strapped by JG, and still showed some promise, albeit w/ way too much Garrett still shining through.

LOL....when we once again start sputtering on offense esp against good teams you and the rest of the Kellen cheerleaders here today will be the first ones here calling for his head!:muttley:

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL....when we once again start sputtering on offense esp against good teams you and the rest of the Kellen cheerleaders here today will be the first ones here calling for his head!:muttley:
Possibly. Unlike some we know, my mind can be changed w/ evidence and persuasive arguments based on facts.

kskboys

Reaction score
I still think its an odd situation because all we heard from McCarthy on lessons he learned from being fired was that he would call his plays at his next stop. That went out the window when Jerry told McCarthy to meet his new favorite son Kellen Moore. And how long of leash does Moore have? If offense isn't clicking by week 6 does McCarthy put his foot down. This team has so many variables this can go any which way. I say just sit back and enjoy the show as we watch aging wealthy man trapped in his head try to navigate a fast changing environment.
You shouldn't make up your own narrative to fit your agenda.

McC was given the choice, and chose to keep KMO.

kskboys

Reaction score
Coordinator of the month, wasn’t that long ago half this board wanted Richard as the new coach. Moore has a lot to prove. Pump the brakes as a wise man once said.
Pump the brakes on thinking the a very smart football mind like KMO has a good chance of flourishing under a good football mind like McC? Why? I'm not getting your way of thinking.