CFZ A compliment to Jerry Jones

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I was going to do this thread later today, but I'm going to do it now. I do have a compliment to give Jerry Jones about this roster. I think most of the roster looks very good. I love how our defence looks overall. I like what we have at QB. I like our receiving group (excluding maybe Gallup lol, but hey, he had a bad game, it happens). I love what he did at kicker. Aubrey was a genius move. I absolutely like that move. Plus, it's unfortunate that we lost Diggs and DO to injury. I think we were unfortunately robbed of the opportunity to see DO play this season, and I think we'd have stood a better chance against SFO if Diggs hadn't been injured.

For those that think I'm railing on Jerry when I make trade posts, it's not intended that way. If anything, I see it as a compliment about the roster if I think that a few trades might be needed. It means that the roster is really good. I just think a few changes could be in order. It's like a chef making a very good steak, but not quite the best. It's really good the way he grilled it. It just needed maybe a touch more seasoning. It's the same with the way I think about the roster when I talk about trades. If I thought this roster was terrible, I wouldn't be hammering on about potential upgrades. If anything, I've been saying that I think the moves I've been proposing could turn what's a very good squad into a squad that can put this team over the top. That's a compliment! It means that I think, with a few changes, that this team can win the Super Bowl. It means that Jerry just needs a tweek or two to get this team in the Super Bowl. I absolutely love 90-95% of the roster, and that credit goes to Jerry and the coaches.

So, yes, this thread is a full on compliment to Jerry. I would've done this later, but I feel the need to write this now. Jerry has built a very good squad. I love most of the moves that he's made. I even started the last thread by complimenting some of the trades he's already made. I was simply saying that I think the team is a few tweeks away from being able to truly compete for a SB. That's a far cry from where this team was when I first started as a fan at the start of the 5-11 days. I think he's assembled a very good coaching staff. I think the squad is mostly there.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That you Mickey? Fish?

No, I'm giving my thoughts. I made the previous thread and this one because I think, if Jerry makes a few more moves, the team has a shot. But, for the most part, it's a good side. I think we've had the most convincing win over the Jets, for example, that any team has had. The same Jets team that beat Philly and squeaked by the Chiefs. That's pretty good. Oh, and we spanked the same Patriots team that beat Buffalo. I think the Cowboys are close. I just think a few adjustments would put the Cowboys over the top.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I was going to do this thread later today, but I'm going to do it now. I do have a compliment to give Jerry Jones about this roster. I think most of the roster looks very good. I love how our defence looks overall. I like what we have at QB. I like our receiving group (excluding maybe Gallup lol, but hey, he had a bad game, it happens). I love what he did at kicker. Aubrey was a genius move. I absolutely like that move. Plus, it's unfortunate that we lost Diggs and DO to injury. I think we were unfortunately robbed of the opportunity to see DO play this season, and I think we'd have stood a better chance against SFO if Diggs hadn't been injured.

For those that think I'm railing on Jerry when I make trade posts, it's not intended that way. If anything, I see it as a compliment about the roster if I think that a few trades might be needed. It means that the roster is really good. I just think a few changes could be in order. It's like a chef making a very good steak, but not quite the best. It's really good the way he grilled it. It just needed maybe a touch more seasoning. It's the same with the way I think about the roster when I talk about trades. If I thought this roster was terrible, I wouldn't be hammering on about potential upgrades. If anything, I've been saying that I think the moves I've been proposing could turn what's a very good squad into a squad that can put this team over the top. That's a compliment! It means that I think, with a few changes, that this team can win the Super Bowl. It means that Jerry just needs a tweek or two to get this team in the Super Bowl. I absolutely love 90-95% of the roster, and that credit goes to Jerry and the coaches.

So, yes, this thread is a full on compliment to Jerry. I would've done this later, but I feel the need to write this now. Jerry has built a very good squad. I love most of the moves that he's made. I even started the last thread by complimenting some of the trades he's already made. I was simply saying that I think the team is a few tweeks away from being able to truly compete for a SB. That's a far cry from where this team was when I first started as a fan at the start of the 5-11 days. I think he's assembled a very good coaching staff. I think the squad is mostly there.
Great post Rusty. The team has done a good job of finding players. I just wish he would try to improve the team before the trade deadline. OL, LB and RB are big needs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
2 hours ago you made a thread about what annoys you about the FO, now you're complimenting Jerry.

The topics don't completely counter each other but felt like this could have been a response in that thread and not a new topic.
You a mod wannabe or something?

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Jerry is an amateur. The only reason he can play hobby GM is the fact that he owns the team. Dallas is the only team that would "hire" Jerry as GM, just as Dallas was the only team that would hire Garrett has head coach.

Decades of mediocrity stand as evidence- the direct result of poor personnel, draft, and contract decisions.

I'll admit the team has been drafting better as of late, although the last draft is not looking good.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Great post Rusty. The team has done a good job of finding players. I just wish he would try to improve the team before the trade deadline. OL, LB and RB are big needs.
Exactly, I want Jerry to be more proactive. I don't mean overcorrect to the point of being reckless. I mean I want him to be willing to take a few more chances. For example, we aren't very good at drafting with our second round pick usually, so see if we can turn it into a player midseason that can be a fix to a key need. Especially since that player becomes a draft pick when he signs elsewhere.

rambo2

Reaction score

For those that think I'm railing on Jerry when I make trade posts, it's not intended that way. If anything, I see it as a compliment about the roster if I think that a few trades might be needed. It means that the roster is really good. I just think a few changes could be in order. It's like a chef making a very good steak, but not quite the best. It's really good the way he grilled it. It just needed maybe a touch more seasoning. It's the same with the way I think about the roster when I talk about trades. If I thought this roster was terrible, I wouldn't be hammering on about potential upgrades. If anything, I've been saying that I think the moves I've been proposing could turn what's a very good squad into a squad that can put this team over the top. That's a compliment! It means that I think, with a few changes, that this team can win the Super Bowl. It means that Jerry just needs a tweek or two to get this team in the Super Bowl. I
when I first started as a fan at the start of the 5-11 days. I think he's assembled a very good coaching staff. I think the squad is mostly there.
Don't be surprised if they make a trade or 2 before the deadline.

CCBoy

Reaction score
@John813 is a fellow CowboysZone member like yourself, who typically refrains from namecalling like yourself.
He also wasn't correct on topic discussed on a series of posts. No side taken here...I don't have problems respecting valid discussion that develops around directional discussion. Not only one liners in defference.