CFZ A compliment to Jerry Jones

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
2 hours ago you made a thread about what annoys you about the FO, now you're complimenting Jerry.

The topics don't completely counter each other but felt like this could of been a response in that thread and not a new topic.

Two reasons. Firstly, I was already planning on a compliment post for the team that has been built. Secondly, if I'm going to make a criticism thread, then I do like to try to have a positive thread where I can. I suppose that I couldve made it a comment, but I felt a compliment thread was...well, complimentary to the other thread that I posted.

Cydios

Reaction score
If you have a chance of getting better, then do it. I have an issue with Jerry saying "call me." Eagles have picked how many players this way? We've got holes and not addressing them.

rambo2

Reaction score
If you have a chance of getting better, then do it. I have an issue with Jerry saying "call me." Eagles have picked how many players this way? We've got holes and not addressing them.
They certainly would try to address any hole that they would have.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They certainly would try to address any hole that they would have.

Exactly, like I said. If I thought Jerry's roster was bad, I wouldn't be asking for a trade. I never thought that asking him to trade for players was an insult to him. To me, it means we are close, and I think the trades I have in mind can push us over the top by filling the few remaining holes that we have.

rambo2

Reaction score
agreed, and 1 good lineman.. Those 2 spots will help all other positions on the team.
I don't think it is possible to get a lineman. It's good that the backups have already gotten some experience and the starters are back now.

John813

Reaction score
Two reasons. Firstly, I was already planning on a compliment post for the team that has been built. Secondly, if I'm going to make a criticism thread, then I do like to try to have a positive thread where I can. I suppose that I couldve made it a comment, but I felt a compliment thread was...well, complimentary to the other thread that I posted.

I get it, and don't care to "police" anyone. But just after reading that thread, just found it interesting. I do agree that the F.O., including Jerry, has done a good job, but I'm not sure they do enough to get the team over that hump they've been stuck on many times before-agreeing too with the OP of the other thread. They own the team, and don't have to answer to anyone yet are content with the status quo.

They got burnt on Carr, and it's been etched in their brain it seems to ignore talent in FA and go diving for role players. They complain about overpaying, yet overrate their own and then overpay them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry was misunderstood as usual.
What he really was saying. Is if he calls a team, then the price goes up. If a team call him he can offer a lower price.
:laugh::popcorn:

It is like if someone walks onto a used car lot. And tells the sales person I can only afford $200 a month. They will sell you a car that was $5,000 for 7,000 but will work it out that you still only pay that $200.

But if you don’t tell them that, you now can get that car for $5,000 or less, and pay $150.

rambo2

Reaction score
Exactly, like I said. If I thought Jerry's roster was bad, I wouldn't be asking for a trade. I never thought that asking him to trade for players was an insult to him. To me, it means we are close, and I think the trades I have in mind can push us over the top by filling the few remaining holes that we have.
I think that there is a good possibility that they make 2 trades.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not really the same thing that I was saying. You know what I meant.
Oh, that is all inclusive in an organization...where leadership is involved. Much less identified as to roles. I understand the perspective chosen...