CFZ A compliment to Jerry Jones

CCBoy

Reaction score
You're exactly right! Dallas proved the line was key.. Think back to DeMarco Murray. Breaking every record out there behind the dominant line. They told him bye to the Eagles, where he failed. Dallas proved that point. Zeke came in behind that line alongside Dak. That oline made Dak look like Brady and opened doors for Zeke. We all saw the Oline was slowly draining away last year and the preseason. Eagles are killing it with the Tush Push.. why? Oline! Do you think Jalen is really that good? No he's a game manager behind a great line. sound familiar?
Tush is based upon execution of a single technique. Now explain dominance in 12 win seasons and record against the Cowboys over those two seasons.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think Jerry has surrounded himself with some savvy football men like Will McClay.
Problem is, we have no one at GM
with a creative football mind.
No visionary.
Example: Jimmy Johnson and the Walker trade.
That netted us 3 SBs
That was a bold move.
Physical responsibility and human dignity are still the objects...trust, accountability, and truth. That is never perfect for any franchise. But the team is stronger now...and in a cap driven world, instead of money.

Cydios

Reaction score
Tush is based upon execution of a single technique. Now explain dominance in 12 win seasons and record against the Cowboys over those two seasons.
If Tush was based on a single technique.. Why aren't teams doing it? 12 win seasons, sure that's great, BUT we still lose to the same teams. Those teams happen to be in the playoffs. Let's have a gut check. We beat Eagles once last year with their backup QB. We beat Tampa with a beatin down old Tom Brady. We can demolish teams who play a certain way. We also lose to teams who also play a certain way. Usually has something to do with a good oline. Right now, we seem to be great at paying bad players and selling Jerseys.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If Tush was based on a single technique.. Why aren't teams doing it? 12 win seasons, sure that's great, BUT we still lose to the same teams. Those teams happen to be in the playoffs. Let's have a gut check. We beat Eagles once last year with their backup QB. We beat Tampa with a beatin down old Tom Brady. We can demolish teams who play a certain way. We also lose to teams who also play a certain way. Usually has something to do with a good oline.
First, answer both questions which you still haven't attempted. Giants made a Super Bowl by barely beating the Cowboys...you selectively blind?

Which way do other teams against Dallas lose now? You don't prove any presented points. TWO currently passed seasons...go back and do YOUR work.

Asklesko

Reaction score
He currently holds the NFL record for longest tenure at GM without even appearing in a conference title game.

He's the worst GM in NFL history by that metric alone.
Jerry never ceases to put an entertaining product on the field. By that metric alone, he is the best GM in NFL history.

shabazz

Reaction score
Jerry, if you want to show us that you’re a proactive GM, pick the phone up and get Davante on this team

If not, the results will be predictable.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry, if you want to show us that you’re a proactive GM, pick the phone up and get Davante on this team

If not, the results will be predictable.
C'mon now, they are legitimate football players. Not winners of popularity contests.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think Jerry has surrounded himself with some savvy football men like Will McClay.
Problem is, we have no one at GM
with a creative football mind.
No visionary.
Example: Jimmy Johnson and the Walker trade.
That netted us 3 SBs
That was a bold move.

Perhaps he can let McClay do the trade talking. He'd be basically the GM, but Jerry gets all the credit.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean...but I am seeing the same thing this year from our RBs that I saw last year.

I'd guess we;d see just about the same production from Derrick that we did zeke. And he's gone for lack of production meeting the salary. So unless you get Derick super cheap....same deal.

Not sure anyone truly succeeds behind this o-line...far as interior running. And we need that...we need some Ts and G's rumbling up the field looking for someone to pancake. NOT...RB getting hit on the handoff.

I thought our run game was decent enough last year. It's better than trying to run Pollard up the middle. Besides, I think DH would have more success than Pollard just because it is DH.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I read this OP, I will respectfully disagree.

I felt we missed too much on critical draft picks to "thank" Jerry ...(Schoon and Deuce) but it's still early so hopefully it turns around for them.

I agree that it's early, but I'm saying in general because I like about 90% of our roster. There's one or two pieces, imo, that if we used some pieces in a trade could be enough to get us in the SB. Where we stand now, I think we know the ending of the season with a good trade or two, it could be much better.

shabazz

Reaction score
C'mon now, they are legitimate football players. Not winners of popularity contests.
Bundle Cooks, Gallup and a seventeen 2nd draft picks and ship them off to the Raiders for a player that will immediately make the passing game d’shiznit ,AS WELL ,as improve the running game immediately because of the effectiveness and THREAT of said passing game .

27 years of playing it safe ain’t gettin it, nephew!…….I wants to win!

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Bet you can't describe the inprocessing from the Correctional Facility further...
Everyone can't be a USPS/Corrections Officer guru who has the inside trek to the Cowboys front office such as yourself.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bundle Cooks, Gallup and a seventeen 2nd draft picks and ship them off to the Raiders for a player that will immediately make the passing game d’shiznit ,AS WELL ,as improve the running game immediately because of the effectiveness and THREAT of said passing game .

27 years of playing it safe ain’t gettin it, nephew!…….I wants to win!
Send your request down to the Valley, plenty of 'unaffected ears' down there who love the Cowboys...as if Jerry plays it safe even having to control picks and recover cap deficiencies...and let's see you lead the way with your grand number...27 or 10 or just Jerry, or one's fed up...tell us all how to play by play change all and prove it without just throwing out another insultive quote.

Do LEAD the way...after claiming instead Jerry is no leader other than bad...waiting now.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Jerry won 3 Super Bowls, say what you want that it was all Jimmy, but at the end of the day he hired him and made the moves necessary to build a winning team.

The late 90s to early 2000s was a tough time to be a fan as they did a bad job drafting and traded away draft capital for players that didnt work out. Jerry had a lot of learnings during that time period. He then shifted gears and hired the best coach he could in Parcells who helped rebuild the team. We had built some excellent rosters in the years that followed, but hired the wrong coaches in Phillips and hung onto Garrett too long.

Now brings us to present day where they've built a good roster, coming off back to back 12 win seasons for the first time since the 90s and are off to a solid start to this season. I think the best thing he's done over the last couple decades is listen more to coaches and staff rather than trying to make all the decisions himself and mistakes he made post 90s dynasty.

Jerry has done some great things for this franchise we should all appreciate, but I also get the impatience and lack of playoff succes that has followed recently. I think a lot boils down to coaching..

Kwyn

Reaction score
I was going to do this thread later today, but I'm going to do it now. I do have a compliment to give Jerry Jones about this roster. I think most of the roster looks very good. I love how our defence looks overall. I like what we have at QB. I like our receiving group (excluding maybe Gallup lol, but hey, he had a bad game, it happens). I love what he did at kicker. Aubrey was a genius move. I absolutely like that move. Plus, it's unfortunate that we lost Diggs and DO to injury. I think we were unfortunately robbed of the opportunity to see DO play this season, and I think we'd have stood a better chance against SFO if Diggs hadn't been injured.

For those that think I'm railing on Jerry when I make trade posts, it's not intended that way. If anything, I see it as a compliment about the roster if I think that a few trades might be needed. It means that the roster is really good. I just think a few changes could be in order. It's like a chef making a very good steak, but not quite the best. It's really good the way he grilled it. It just needed maybe a touch more seasoning. It's the same with the way I think about the roster when I talk about trades. If I thought this roster was terrible, I wouldn't be hammering on about potential upgrades. If anything, I've been saying that I think the moves I've been proposing could turn what's a very good squad into a squad that can put this team over the top. That's a compliment! It means that I think, with a few changes, that this team can win the Super Bowl. It means that Jerry just needs a tweek or two to get this team in the Super Bowl. I absolutely love 90-95% of the roster, and that credit goes to Jerry and the coaches.

So, yes, this thread is a full on compliment to Jerry. I would've done this later, but I feel the need to write this now. Jerry has built a very good squad. I love most of the moves that he's made. I even started the last thread by complimenting some of the trades he's already made. I was simply saying that I think the team is a few tweeks away from being able to truly compete for a SB. That's a far cry from where this team was when I first started as a fan at the start of the 5-11 days. I think he's assembled a very good coaching staff. I think the squad is mostly there.
Incoming crucifixion

Kwyn

Reaction score
Two reasons. Firstly, I was already planning on a compliment post for the team that has been built. Secondly, if I'm going to make a criticism thread, then I do like to try to have a positive thread where I can. I suppose that I couldve made it a comment, but I felt a compliment thread was...well, complimentary to the other thread that I posted.
Nothing wrong with offering a different perspective in a different thread.

There is nothing that stops a ton of people from posting multiple threads a day.

Don’t sweat it.