CFZ A compliment to Jerry Jones

CCBoy

Reaction score
When has things ever gone well since Jimmy Johnson left?

Let me rephrase that:

When things have appeared to be going well, when has Jerry not screwed it up?
Fumbled end of playoff game where Romo fumbled the hold.

End of game passing TD called an incompletion and everyone and his cousing knows after the rule changed following another bad call against the Cowboys.

Cydios

Reaction score
Eagles are making good moves and Jerry's ego is getting in the way. Terrell Edmunds picked off Dak twice last year and Eagles picked him up probably for that. What better way to get a good player and get in your rivals head.

rambo2

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate but it doesn't change the fact that Jerry Jones is one of the best GMs in football.
He has the current team better than most of the competition. Just think where they would be if he hadn't traded for Gillmore.

Cydios

Reaction score
Jerry was misunderstood as usual.
What he really was saying. Is if he calls a team, then the price goes up. If a team call him he can offer a lower price.
:laugh::popcorn:

It is like if someone walks onto a used car lot. And tells the sales person I can only afford $200 a month. They will sell you a car that was $5,000 for 7,000 but will work it out that you still only pay that $200.

But if you don’t tell them that, you now can get that car for $5,000 or less, and pay $150.
Nobody is going to call you to make you better. There's too many teams who need players. Eagles Rams and add Lions to that mix.. sorry, I understand your reasoning behind your math, in this case it doesn't make sense considering other big teams are needing players too.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
Eagles are making good moves and Jerry's ego is getting in the way. Terrell Edmunds picked off Dak twice last year and Eagles picked him up probably for that. What better way to get a good player and get in your rivals head.
The Cowboys have made some good moves too.

plasticman

Reaction score
Fumbled end of playoff game where Romo fumbled the hold.

End of game passing TD called an incompletion and everyone and his cousing knows after the rule changed following another bad call against the Cowboys.
I was referring to what was within Jerry's power.....but thanks for the memories. Surprised you didn't find a way to squeeze in "the Catch".

Truly, being a Cowboys fan is a roller coaster ride....the thrill of all those great victories.....the agony of all those man-killing, life-sucking defeats.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I get it, and don't care to "police" anyone. But just after reading that thread, just found it interesting. I do agree that the F.O., including Jerry, has done a good job, but I'm not sure they do enough to get the team over that hump they've been stuck on many times before-agreeing too with the OP of the other thread. They own the team, and don't have to answer to anyone yet are content with the status quo.

They got burnt on Carr, and it's been etched in their brain it seems to ignore talent in FA and go diving for role players. They complain about overpaying, yet overrate their own and then overpay them.

Which is why I have been wanting a few more moves. I think this team is close this year IF Jerry makes a tweak or two, and I've made clear what tweaks I want.

Cydios

Reaction score
Until we fix the run blocking and scheme...not sure derrick helps much.
We propably run him outta town like zeke.
You're exactly right! Dallas proved the line was key.. Think back to DeMarco Murray. Breaking every record out there behind the dominant line. They told him bye to the Eagles, where he failed. Dallas proved that point. Zeke came in behind that line alongside Dak. That oline made Dak look like Brady and opened doors for Zeke. We all saw the Oline was slowly draining away last year and the preseason. Eagles are killing it with the Tush Push.. why? Oline! Do you think Jalen is really that good? No he's a game manager behind a great line. sound familiar?

CCBoy

Reaction score
He currently holds the NFL record for longest tenure at GM without even appearing in a conference title game.

He's the worst GM in NFL history by that metric alone.
Now get real and start onto winning percentages through tenure as well as playoffs entered...to hold weight.

Myself, I stand for good...and not glorifying being unappreciative. I don't need medals to give respect.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt personnel wise, we're in a better place than we've been in quite a few years. Ultimately, you have to compliment Jerry for that.

We're just two minor tweaks away from competing as a top 4 contender.
1. QB
2. HC
I'm sure those will be corrected in the coming months, by next year, we should be a contender.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I was going to do this thread later today, but I'm going to do it now. I do have a compliment to give Jerry Jones about this roster. I think most of the roster looks very good. I love how our defence looks overall. I like what we have at QB. I like our receiving group (excluding maybe Gallup lol, but hey, he had a bad game, it happens). I love what he did at kicker. Aubrey was a genius move. I absolutely like that move. Plus, it's unfortunate that we lost Diggs and DO to injury. I think we were unfortunately robbed of the opportunity to see DO play this season, and I think we'd have stood a better chance against SFO if Diggs hadn't been injured.

For those that think I'm railing on Jerry when I make trade posts, it's not intended that way. If anything, I see it as a compliment about the roster if I think that a few trades might be needed. It means that the roster is really good. I just think a few changes could be in order. It's like a chef making a very good steak, but not quite the best. It's really good the way he grilled it. It just needed maybe a touch more seasoning. It's the same with the way I think about the roster when I talk about trades. If I thought this roster was terrible, I wouldn't be hammering on about potential upgrades. If anything, I've been saying that I think the moves I've been proposing could turn what's a very good squad into a squad that can put this team over the top. That's a compliment! It means that I think, with a few changes, that this team can win the Super Bowl. It means that Jerry just needs a tweek or two to get this team in the Super Bowl. I absolutely love 90-95% of the roster, and that credit goes to Jerry and the coaches.

So, yes, this thread is a full on compliment to Jerry. I would've done this later, but I feel the need to write this now. Jerry has built a very good squad. I love most of the moves that he's made. I even started the last thread by complimenting some of the trades he's already made. I was simply saying that I think the team is a few tweeks away from being able to truly compete for a SB. That's a far cry from where this team was when I first started as a fan at the start of the 5-11 days. I think he's assembled a very good coaching staff. I think the squad is mostly there.
I think Jerry has surrounded himself with some savvy football men like Will McClay.
Problem is, we have no one at GM
with a creative football mind.
No visionary.
Example: Jimmy Johnson and the Walker trade.
That netted us 3 SBs
That was a bold move.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Suppose it's because it's an incongruent rb for what they need?
Not sure what you mean...but I am seeing the same thing this year from our RBs that I saw last year.

I'd guess we;d see just about the same production from Derrick that we did zeke. And he's gone for lack of production meeting the salary. So unless you get Derick super cheap....same deal.

Not sure anyone truly succeeds behind this o-line...far as interior running. And we need that...we need some Ts and G's rumbling up the field looking for someone to pancake. NOT...RB getting hit on the handoff.